[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Sawano is the Hans Zimmer of anime, then who is the Williams?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: sawano.png (495KB, 474x640px) Image search: [Google]
sawano.png
495KB, 474x640px
If Sawano is the Hans Zimmer of anime, then who is the Williams?
>>
Shiro Sagisu
>>
>>155860614
Sawano too, he is that good.
>>
>>155860614
Hans Zimmer -> Hiroyuki Sawano
John Williams -> Yoko Kanno
Michael Giacchino -> Yuugo Kanno
Jerry Goldsmith -> Toshihiko Sahashi
Ennio Morricone -> Kouhei Tanaka
James Horner -> Masamichi Amano (Sagisu's orchestrator/ghostewriter)
Nino Rota -> Joe Hisaishi
Alan Silvestri -> Naoki Sato
Miklos Rozsa -> Michiru Oshima
John Barry -> Akira Senju
Danny Elfman -> Yuki Kajiura
Bernard Herrmann -> Taku Iwasaki
Vangelis -> Susumu Hirasawa
Thomas Newman -> Kenji Kawaii

Has more to do with their overall reputation and personal views on music rather than their actual musical style (unless you're talking about Iwasaki whose usual music style is very Herrmannesque)

Anyone else I'm forgetting?
>>
Joe Hisaishi, obviously. Work is entered around strong, memorable themes, and works with anime's Spielberg.
>>
>>155861570
Miyazaki is nothing like Spielberg. He's no producer like Spielberg. He's as close to Spielberg as he is to Walt Disney.

Miyazaki is anime Federico Fellini, and Hisaishi is his Nino Rota.
>>
>>155861403
Is there a Japanese Menken? I know it's known far more for his vocal works, but he also handled all his scores.
>>
>>155861776
Nobuo Uemetsu maybe?
>>
>>155861403
Howard Shore?

I can't think of many composers, Japan or anywhere else, who managed to basically write a 21 Century Wagnerian work.
>>
>>155861776
I'll have to get back to you on that one. I can't think of anyone so far for him or Mancini.

>>155862092
Hayato Matsuo
>>
>>155862322
>Mancini

80s and 90s Sagisu
>>
>>155861725
>Miyazaki is nothing like Spielberg.
Director of huge crowd pleasing family movies. Most popular filmmaker of his country. Prominent cute kid characters and sentimentality. Made classic adventure stories (Laputa, Conan). Has a classical style, but an undeniable mastery of his craft.
There's way more similarity between him and Spielberg than there is him and Fellini. The only think I see that they have in common is works of artistic self-portrait (The Wind Rises) and imaginative flights of fancy.
The biggest differentiating feature is that Fellini's work is much more flashy.
>>
>>155861403
What about Hayashi Yuki and Kosaki Satoru?
>>
File: HGW.jpg (1MB, 3425x3381px) Image search: [Google]
HGW.jpg
1MB, 3425x3381px
Who's the Harry Gregson Williams of anime?
>>
>>155862601
>James Horner -> Masamichi Amano (Sagisu's orchestrator/ghostewriter)

Since he started as one of Zimmer's writing team.
>>
>>155862534
If Miyazaki is the Spielberg of Japan, would Shinkai be the Tarantino?
>>
>>155862534
The thing is that those kid-friendly movies only make up less than half of William's directing career. Let's not forget Jaws or Jurassic Park or War of the Worlds or The Color Purple or Lincoln and a boatlaod of others.

Even I never really felt that Spielberg's movies touched on the otherworldy the same way as Miyazaki's do other than ET.
>>
>>155862601
He's already anime thanks to Metal Gear.
>>
>>155862680
That is true, although those things have come to be strongly associated with Spielberg, as if they were his trademark. Probably because his works that touch on family, togetherness, childhood innocence etc have been so influential and so imitated.

They're all very distinctive filmmakers with very varied careers so it's not really possible to make direct links.
>>
>>155862581
>Hayashi Yuki

John Powell

>Kosaki Satoru

Mica Levi
Feel like I'm reaching with this one
>>
>>155862649
Anno is Nip Taratino
>>
>>155863218
Tarantino didn't stop making new movies when he made Pulp Fiction.
>>
>>155862446
That's... actually pretty fitting. I almost forgot how jazz and pop-centric he used to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTSE1lpUljQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px7FFMOTtyM
>>
>>155863218
Anno is Nip George Lucas
>>
>>155862639
Horner? I don't remember him having any association with Zimmer.
>>
>>155863500
I think he was referring to Harry.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.