[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Angel's Egg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: angels-egg-1.jpg (75KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
angels-egg-1.jpg
75KB, 600x338px
Wtf did I just watch? What a ride.
Are there any good theories of what it's about? I know the director has said himself he doesn't know what it's about but maybe there are some good theories out there. My first thought when seing the ending shot was that maybe it's the arc that's been turned over, but then again the angel's home was in another arc which actually had the fossils in it so that would be an arc in an arc but it's all symbolism so it doesn't matter much I suppose

Man, that fisherman scene, so haunting. I imagine I won't forget it any time soon.
>>
>>155838338
>Wtf

Go ask Reddit.
>>
File: Persona_4_Ameno-sagiri.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Persona_4_Ameno-sagiri.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>155838338
IS this persona 4?
This looks a whole lot like Persona 4
>>
>>155838338

A popular interpretation is that the story is an allegory referencing a crisis of faith the director experienced earlier in life while considering the priesthood.
>>
>>155838576
Wow fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>155838338

>poem Aniara: the anime

Isn't the exploration of the failed arc and salvation mission of humanity good enough as explanation
>>
Abstract films like this are never inherently "about" anything. The director encourages you to bring your own interpretation to the film, which is part of the appeal.
>>
>>155838916
I've heard that when the egg symbolizes the faith the angel holds, so I'm thinking that the male character may be Satan who tries to crush her faith by enticing her to open the egg throughout the film, but he can't get her to do it,
so he can only take it from her by force, but that only means that she is rewarded for her faith and ends up immortalized where as Satan can only stand and watch, still stuck in this hellscape.
>>
>>155838338
Hana.
Hana ga saita yo.
>>
>>155839539
Some interpret the guy as being christ coming to free his church from the superstitions that were being born, which is shown when he cracks the empty egg with his cross.
>>
Stop being underaged and lurk more you fucking gayfaglord.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.