[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

El Hazard and other obscure classics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 18249l.jpg (48KB, 341x256px) Image search: [Google]
18249l.jpg
48KB, 341x256px
I feel like I never hear any mentions of El Hazard on this board. It was no masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but it's one of those shows that gives me that special nostalgia.

https://youtu.be/KjJZuMZjdr8
>>
>>155735385
It's got that 90s style, but it doesn't hit it as sweet as Dragon Half or Outlaw Star.
>>
File: 103677.jpg (43KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
103677.jpg
43KB, 225x350px
>>155735443
Yeah, for me personally it's one of those easy-to-watch pick me ups when you don't want something too cerebral. Also love me some Shayla Shayla
>>
It gets mentioned occasionally in Tenchi threads, I'm pretty sure it's tangently connected to the main series.
>>
>>155735385
The OVA is great. Didn't care for the series much though.

Other oldies I really enjoyed:
Bakuretsu Hunters (Sorcerer Hunters)
Mahou Senshi Louie (Rune Solider Louie)
Musekinin Kanchou Tylor (The Irresponsible Captain Tylor)
And than obviously Slayers, Trigun, and Orphen.
>>
>>155735385
I loved El-Hazard. I remember when I would go to Virgin to buy anime, they'd always have El Hazard in the spanish section. I'd dutifully move it to the anime section, but the next time I went it would be back in the spanish section.
>>
I watched it in it's entirety a few months ago

1st OVA: Pretty decent watch. I can see why people were obsessing over this when it first came out
TV Series: Not bad. Rune Venus has a cuter design here, but I'm not a fan of how she has no agency.
2nd OVA: A literal waste of time. Poorly animated, poorly written, everything about it is awful.
2nd TV Series: Eh. Not really great, but not terrible either. If you want more El Hazard, then go for it.

What's with Makoto's accent though?
>>
File: rune-venus-ref-4.jpg (40KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
rune-venus-ref-4.jpg
40KB, 400x300px
OVA Rune best girl
>>
>>155735385
BUCKY
>>
>>155740410
No love for Dragon Puppet Rune Venus?

Man, I'm glad that gimmick left fast.
>>
File: shayla shayla beach.jpg (84KB, 472x640px) Image search: [Google]
shayla shayla beach.jpg
84KB, 472x640px
>>155735670

See this is a nigga would good taste
>>
>>155738870
>2nd TV Series:

wait what second TV series. I only know Wanderers
>>
File: 73827[1].jpg (30KB, 207x341px) Image search: [Google]
73827[1].jpg
30KB, 207x341px
>>155735385
The original El Hazard OVAs were really damn good. Wanderers TV was likable but kinda confusing because alternate timeline, and I hate what they did to Ifreeta. El Hazard the Alternative World TV was a piece of shit.

Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure was another parallel world anime that I liked because I'm torn between choosing the Mitsuki from the original dimension, or the one from the parallel dimension. It was an Evangelion kinda clone without all the deeeeeep bullshit.
>>
>>155742378
Parallel.
D is also a cute
>>
>>155742154
It's El Hazard the Alternative World.

There's
El Hazard: The Magnificent World, the original OVAs
El Hazard 2: The Magnificent World; a set of 4 OVA episodes that follows the original OVA series. If you ask me, it's pretty fucking awful.
El Hazard: The Alternative World: A TV series that follows these OVA series, in which they go to an alternate realm. It's okayish, nothing to write home about.

El Hazard: The Wanderers, the TV series which is an alternate retelling of the story
>>
>>155742420
Parallel Mitsuki is in no doubt the perfect wife, but I like tsundere.
>>
>>155742529

Oh, right. THAT. Yeah I didn't care about that. Lotta dropped plot threads and honestly adding a new girl to a romance angle that was pretty much resolved doesn't really work.
>>
>>155742712
It really didn't seem like romance was going much of anywhere in the OVA version of El-Hazard though.
>>
This series gave me my first Trap character that I fapped to...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.