[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in hoarding shows you've already watched?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1486203267250.png (564KB, 683x1135px) Image search: [Google]
1486203267250.png
564KB, 683x1135px
Is there any point in hoarding shows you've already watched?
>>
Sometimes you want to re-run one you particularly enjoyed/hated/both.
>>
>>155533753
To share with friends and family.
>>
File: 1488443860234.jpg (42KB, 560x530px) Image search: [Google]
1488443860234.jpg
42KB, 560x530px
>>155533753

They get lost to time, and some remasters end up worse than the originals. BD have small fixes, changes and uncensored so they're worth collecting over the broad casting run. Also, lets say an anime gets popular in the west, they'll start doing take down notices or copyright claims to get the stuff barred.

While shit like that is annoying and doesn't stop the people that already got it BEFORE it became popular, it does cut off future access to it. From there it's a hail mary that hoarding people, like me re upload stuff a few years down the line once the heat has died down.

It gets very difficult to find anything pre 2000, more difficult than it should be; a side effect of the passage of time. In 20 years, who will care about Sae Kano Season 2 or Maid Dragon? Would you care to rewatch maid dragon in 5, 10, 15 years from now for old times sake?
>>
>>155534116
So the answer is "no" unless you're an autist.
>>
data hoarding makes me feel good

also preservation of media etc etc like above said
>>
>>155534227
Why ever delete anything? Hard Drives are cheap.
>>
>>155534222

It feels good to upload some obscure series and bring them back to life. It gets me jacked HARD, senpai.
>>
>>155534257
I get hard drives for free but I still think it's dumb to hoard a bunch of shit you will never rewatch. I also don't want to have to explain to a police officer why I have 20TB of little girl cartoons
>>
>>155534421
>20Tb of little girl
Is there something you're not telling us anon?
>>
I try to keep the ones I really liked but apart from that... well yes.
Torrents ain't forever.
>>
>>155533753
No
>>
>>155534421
>of shit you will never rewatch.

You never get into arguments with other anons and use select scenes as proof of your claims? Or do you ever talk about an anime and use image captures of your favorite scenes? Have you ever made a webbum or .gif of an anime you liked, then saw it spread around all of /a/ as a reaction image? Wow, what a faggot.

>why I have 20TB of little girl cartoons

You don't live in a free nation, got it.
>>
>>155533753
no
>>
>>155533786
why tho
>>
>>155533753
Rewatching
>>
Because unless you need space in your hard drive there's no point in deleting them
>>
the only peruvian papermache that has a permanent home on my hdd is toradora in flac format so I can watch it every christmas drunk and crying
>>
>>155533753
Is the show good? Ask yourself.
>>
>>155533753
>yfw i download the bdmv
try and stop me.
>>
>>155533753
delete shit shows and keep good ones
the internet will go down when WW3 starts
you wont have your precious streams then, how are you supposed to watch anime
>>
>>155534670
you're just proving that data hoarding is autistic and might become unhealthy if unchecked.
>>
>>155539165
>implying the nukes won't EM fry your hdd
i hope you have a faraday cage on that shit.
>>
>>155539290
who doesnt
>>
For me it's the fear of internet going down and not being able to see all those lovely animu girls animated ever again, or at least for whatever reason piracy measures are tightened and expanded to chinese cartoons which seems more unlikely than internet going down.

I only save shows I like anyway and I have a bunch of shows which I haven't watched yet too.
>>
>>155534116
>It gets very difficult to find anything pre 2000
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>155533753
So I can screen cap a scene to use in future threads
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.