[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what was the point of this character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: lataus.jpg (5KB, 186x189px) Image search: [Google]
lataus.jpg
5KB, 186x189px
So what was the point of this character?
>>
>>155533319
Black
>>
>>155533319
so JoJo would have someone to explain his secret technique to.
>>
>>155533834
Jojo deserves an award for the show with the most exposition ever.
>>
>>155533319
To make Jojo look cool.
>>
It was to appeal the kids watching who wanted Joseph to learn who his mom was
Even though the adults knew it would be weird now because he said some gross shit to her
>>
>>155533319
Can't have an American setting without at least one black.
>>
File: muhammad-avdol.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
muhammad-avdol.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
in the beginning of Stardust Crusaders I thought Avdol was him
>>
>>155533319
arakis writing style boils down to "I read about this thing that happened, how do I tie it into my manga", thats why it's full of random one off characters, weird trivia and some wacky stand powers

Rohan ranting about reality and doing shit like eating a spider to know more about it is self parody
>>
>>155533319
Araki's writing style is to make up the plot as he goes. Smokey was probably meant to fill a Speedwagon-type role until he realized it wasn't really necessary for the story.
>>
>>155533319
at least we wasn't killed like Caesar's nazi friend.
>>
>>155533319
tokenism
>>
File: araki.jpg (76KB, 560x980px) Image search: [Google]
araki.jpg
76KB, 560x980px
>>155534130
I would be mildly disappointed if Araki was not as weird and unusual as his stories are. I honestly think that picture related was just him being modest.
>>
I think Araki's editors pressured him into putting powerless tag-along kids in the first few parts. Part 1 had Poco, part 2 had Smokey, part 3 had Anne. By part 3, you can tell Araki was trying to get rid of that character role. He wrote off Anne twice, much like how he killed off Avdol twice. Koichi started out as the token powerless child, and he looked a lot like the others. But Araki gave him a stand and changed his design completely, graduating him from the token observer kid to a major player in the story. I think Hayato might have been his editors' second attempt at a token kid, but Araki still managed to make him one of the most important allies in part 4 despite not having a stand. After that, there weren't any other attempts at powerless kid allies.
>>
>>155537540
I think Trish in part 5 was their attempt to do more bullshit, but even she got a stand.
>>
>>155534045
Me too
>>
>>155537540
What is
>Emporio
>Lucy Steel
>>
>>155534130

Rohan Kishibe is definitely his self-insert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTh1woTmDqs
>>
>>155538539
>powerless
Emporio won part 6 and Lucy Steel became the Virgin Mary. I'll admit Lucy started out powerless, but Emporio was clearly important from the beginning.
>>
Araki really wanted to ingrain into his jap audience that part 2 starts in America. What do japs think of when they see black people? All their gooky thots getting raped to death by nog marines in okinawa. Therefore, black people=America
>>
>>155533319
Araki didn't even mean for him to be there, but just like anything successful in America, a nigger just sort of showed up.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.