[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seven Seas licensing survey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: ww.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ww.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
Go bug them about whatever manga or LNs you want.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gomanga/status/849775936669192194

I personally told them to go get Antimagic LNs since they're releasing the manga already.
>>
I don't have a twitter account and I'm not planning to get one.
>>
>>155517925
It's a Google Form. You don't need a Twitter account, or a Google account for that matter.
>>
>>155517925
dont need one, retard
>>
Everyone put Qualia the Purple.
>>
Oh boy I can't wait for them to send out DCMA notices while they take 8 years to catch up
>>
Vote for Hakomari. I want a physical copy that I could actually read.
>>
Can they license YKK? Because that desperately needs a localization.
>>
>>155517974
Wasn't is there only one volume of that and is now over?
>>
>>155518179
Yen press already have that.
>>
I wish I could tell them to stick to translation rather than localization.
Hate that shit.
>>
>check their license list
>see LN series that haven't been touched by fan translators
>get hype
>(Manga)
Every time!
I guess manga is a much safer bet and kudos for them for having the balls and taste for a lot of these series, but being a LNfag is sometimes suffering. Still, I can hope that the English LN market expands greatly so that they can release more of them. But with all of this said, I'm legit impressed at the selection even if it's mostly manga. I haven't seen licensed manga/LN lists in years, so my expectations were pretty low.
>>
>>155518251
3 Volumes. It's short but sweet.
>>
>>155518370
There's an option in the survey to tell them you read LNs, so probably answer that. Might give them incentive to print more of J-Novel Club's titles.
>>
>>155518600
Yep, did that as well as recommended 3 LN series that are great and would also probably sell well in English.
>>
>>155518346
Are they one of the worse offenders?
>>
Looking forward to Grimgar and Occult;Nine from them this Summer.
>>
>>155519652
> Occult;Nine
Wasn't the LN canned in favor of a VN coming later?
>>
Only mangas? What a bummer.
>>
>>155520128
You can ask them for LNs too, especially since they have a partnership with J Novel.
>>
>>155517889
And why would I want to stop the translation of the LN I'm following?
>>
>>155517889
Will they fuck off if I ask them to? Will you?
>>
>>155522054
Maybe the translators of the LN you're following are complete shitheads.
Rokka and Grimgar's translations probably deserved to die.
>>
>>155518346
Oh look, another weeaboo who thinks weird stilted sentence structure and "it can't be helped" are good translations.
>>
>>155518165
Has SS ever sent out a DMCA? That's usually Jew Press' deal. SS is just notorious for their meme translations and shitty puns.
>>
Seven Seas isn't a big enough company to eat the cost of licensing an LN, only to have it meander in sales.
>>
>>155524154
>usually Jew Press' deal
Even Yen Press is pretty inconsistent about it. They requested a takedown of Haruhi, Spice and Wolf, and Book Girl back in, like, 2010 or something. Then ages and ages later they requested a takedown of Danmachi. Everything else has been voluntary removal, and notably most translations that weren't voluntarily removed have not been C&D'd to death even though a trivial Google search will take you to them (Haruhi volume 10/11 by ultimatemegax, Spice and Wolf Drunken Wolf Translations, Sword Art Online by Tap and defan, Accel World by Burst Linkers, Maou-sama by mittens, ReZero by translation chicken, various fanfics). Just Danmachi was murdered for some reason.
>>
>>155524276
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>>155524276
Go be a faggot elsewhere.
>>
>>155524403
I think the main problem is that people assume DMCA's sent by Japanese companies are related to unannounced licenses, but that's rarely the case.
They just like to take down a bunch of shit at the same time.
>>
>>155524643
The Japanese side didn't used to care that much, until Kadokawa and Shueisha suddenly threw a shitfit a short while ago.
>>
>>155518179
I put down the manga Soil and Hakomari just for you, Anon.
>>
>>155525696
Hakomari is a wasted vote, Yen Press announced it a while ago.
>>
>>155526642
I was just going to put down Soil so it matters little to me. I just felt like doing something nice for another Anon.
>>
>>155526683
Well, it's the thought that counts, as they say.
>>
>>155523841
No, I think it's fucking abominable to translate Rachnee as "Spidey".
>>
Went full Nsio on the requests.
Katanagatari, Maho Shojo Risuka, Boukyaku Tantei
>>
>>155528190
Seven Seas can't license Kodansha series. You'd have to ask Vertical about those.
>>
>>155528468
Damn. I didn't know the politics of the LN world. Vertical are super cautious and slow with their LN releases, which is why I was asking another company to do them in hopes that it'd get them out faster.
>>
>>155517889
Voted pic related.
>>
File: Ashizuri-Suizokukan.jpg (910KB, 1280x1896px) Image search: [Google]
Ashizuri-Suizokukan.jpg
910KB, 1280x1896px
Asked for more oneshots even though that's not at all Seven Sea's thing. Maybe I'll get real lucky and finally get Ashizuri Suizokukan.

Had the good sense to check on Tongari Boushi no Atelier's publisher so I didn't waste a vote.
>>
>>155517889
Made in Abyss would be really neat, the art is amazing.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.