[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about Angel Cop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: angel cop.png (278KB, 400x509px) Image search: [Google]
angel cop.png
278KB, 400x509px
All the reviews I'm finding seem overly negative and insecure.
>>
It's another shitty home video boom era OVA that's only remembered because it got a dub and the bad guys are literally Jews in the original undubbed version.
>>
>>155486533
Why do you call it shitty?
All of the clips I've seen so far look great.
>>
>>155486571
Watch it and find out you stupid fuck think for yourself
>>
>>155486699
That will take a large investment of time.
I was just looking for other people's opinions and hopefully and Angel Cop discussion.
No need to be hostile.
>>
>>155486358
>>155486571
>>155486755

There's not really anything to discuss. Angel Cop is just another dime-a-dozen violent 80s action OVA. Like >>155486533 said, it's only remembered for its shitty dub and its political themes (which were bastardized in the western release). The action scenes are far too infrequent in comparison to the boring political talk, and the characters and plot are nothing memorable. If they went all in on the blood, gore, cyborgs and dumb psychic power shit it would have been entertaining, but it just tries to throw too many things at the wall and nothing sticks.

It's nowhere near as abhorrent as people make it seem, but it isn't memorable either. It's like the anime equivalent of fast food; it will satisfy your appetite, but it isn't something you'll remember. That said, if 6 episodes is a large investment of time then I don't see how you can stand to watch anime at all.
>>
You may as well watch Akira since it's a better Angel Cop with better animation. It still presents political themes (nothing to exciting) but the chemistry between the main character Kaneda and his friend Tetsuo are pretty interesting and it explores psychic powers in depth. Not to mention the fights are interesting and the post apocalyptic Tokyo setting is pretty cool. Overall the manga has more depth but whatever.

If Akira doesn't fulfill your cyberpunk needs, read AD Police or Battle Angel Alita. They aren't Shounen shit either btw, all Seinen.
>>
Surprisingly well animated, but it is like your standard super violent OVA series in that the plot is dumb. Watch it if you want to turn your brain off.
>>
File: angel cop.png (500KB, 720x549px) Image search: [Google]
angel cop.png
500KB, 720x549px
>>
>>155488707
>comparing shounen and seinen
>>>/v/
>>
>>155486358
A product of the 80's OVA boom, it's very fun and well animated. Those hating on it are generally those who like "mature anime for mature anime viewers like myself."
>>
It's fun. Dumb. Good fight/gore scenes.

I mean, if you want '80s/'90s era cyberpunk anime trash, there's much much much better trash out there like Genocyber (oh the gore, my dick can't handle so much handdrawn autistically detailed gore!) and Cyber City Oedo 808 (not that special in terms of the animation, but the writing has this extremely-over-the-top quality to it combined with the larger-than-life-characters that still have very human qualities uplift it above all other trash).

I guess you could add MD Geist to the list, but that's like serious inna-space scifi. DAANGURUS MOSTE DAANGURUS
>>
>>155486358
>undubbed version.
kill yourself
>>
>>155486571
Babby's first 80's OVA?
>>
>>155495589
t. jew
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.