[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell was the point of this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

What the hell was the point of this.
>>
I think it was the fat end.
>>
File: 1475684664324.png (659KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475684664324.png
659KB, 800x600px
>>155481637
But what if they look like this?
>>
literally weeding out the casuals with the first episode
>>
>>155481524
Yamakan wanted an out
>>
Yamakan went full retard and thought this scene is going to be AOTY
>>
>>155481721
I always hear this scene quoted whenever somebody tells me why they didn't like Lucky Star. I don't get the hate, it's such a cute conundrum. The fact that this is one of the first skits of the first episode means that these people didn't even give the show a proper chance before dropping it.
>>
Yamamoto Yutaka 山本寛
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu TV Series 14 2006 Series Production Direction (シリーズ演出)
Lucky Star TV Series 24 2007 Direction (監督) 1-4
Kannagi TV Series 13 2008 Direction (監督)
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) TV Series 28 2009 Series Production Direction (シリーズ演出) 1-7, 9-11, 25-28

He still worked with KyoAni even after getting fired as Director.
>>
>>155482698
It's one of the shows I like the most, I'm about to watch it for the third time soon but I cannot bear watching this scene.

They're talking about the cornets for 5 minutes.
>>
>>155482855
Same, I've rewatched it like 4 times in sub and dub each

Am I just retarded then? Because I didn't find the cornet talk grating at all. That being said, I couldn't REALLY relate to it since I've never eaten or even seen whatever one of those...things is.
>>
>>155482789
Those credits for Haruhi 2009 were for the season one episodes I think, they aired both seasons together in chronological order
>>
>>155481524
to chase away the plebs. Whenever I see people talking about dropping this series, they always refer to this single scene. So everybody left watching it is a true connoisseur
>>
>>155482789
No he didn't, when Haruhi S2 was airing it was bundled in with the reairing of Haruhi S1 (which yamakan did work on). He tried to get his job back at Kyoani but was unable to, it's why he went and formed his own studio.
>>
>>155482789
That credit is just relating to the S1 episodes he was involved with. Just because he's not apart of Kyoani anymore doesn't mean that they'll stop crediting his work.
>>
Context? It's been so long since I've watched Lucky Star.
>>
it is so unbearable
>>
File: 1292631456895.gif (428KB, 275x317px) Image search: [Google]
1292631456895.gif
428KB, 275x317px
There's nothing wrong with the content of the scene, but it's a prime example of how to NOT adapt a 4koma into animation. All of Yamakans episodes are kinda aimless with terrible pacing, and he did little to adapt the jokes to work in animation. It's easy to see why Kyoani felt as if he wasn't ready to be a director yet.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.