[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would anime as a whole be better if they stopped making dime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: 5870215967.jpg (24KB, 640x368px) Image search: [Google]
5870215967.jpg
24KB, 640x368px
Would anime as a whole be better if they stopped making dime a dozen harem shit series' and instead focused their budget are actually good and innovative things? Sure pandering to the safe bet is logical, but it will never be that great.
>>
>focused their budget
What budget?
You think the government actually funnels some of the tax income to create anime?
>>
>good and innovative things
Taste is subjective retard.
>focused their budget
How the hell do you think Anime is funded?
>>
>>155450188
Well it does sometimes
The first lwa ova was funded with a government grant
>>
>>155450102
>and instead focused their budget are actually good and innovative things?

You seem to be under the impresion that doing "innovative" things is something that you can just do at will, if you could get an innovative idea just because just to, every single person in the world would be getting innovative ideas all the time.

Now, if by that you meant "trying to do something unconventional for anime", topkek, ask manglobe how that went with Samurai Flamenco or Gainax with Panty and Stocking.
>>
>>155450102
I'll raise you a better question?
Why would you ever make something that doesn't sell?
>>
>>155450188
>>155450984
How are there so many retards who don't even understand what a budget is?

You do realize that every single anime is made using a budget, right?
>>
>>155451461
Yes. They get paid to work on a particular anime. And they actually get paid on delivery, so the work is done on a loan.
They cannot use that budget to work on any other idea that they might have.
Stop being stupid.
>>
>>155451461
yes
i also know that, if you tell the people funding 40 infomercials to make 20 more expensive infomercials, half of them are going to pull their money out because their product no longer takes center stage. you'll just end up with fewer shows with fewer chances to be accidentally good.
>>
>>155451601
You're just really not smart. The whole point of this hypothetical is that they could use their budget where they wanted.

You seem to think "studio" is the same thing as "anime industry as a whole". The point is that any money at all that would have gone towards making seasonal harem shit that sells less than 2k anyway, instead gets used for something else.

And again, the studio is not the only part of the equation here. So, in reality, it's you who needs to stop being stupid.
>>
>>155451810
Okay, so you don't know what a budget is. Or understand the point of this hypothetical is at all.
>>
>>155451810
Are you retareded?
>>
>>155451854
>The whole point of this hypothetical is that they could use their budget where they wanted.
So, the whole idea is: What if anime studios had free money?
The money would either be paid out to the workers or they'd invest it like KyoAni did. KyoAni is still doing contract work, but they're now part of the contractors.

The business model doesn't work with just blanket checks.
>>
>>155451890
you don't know that anime are infomercials, so ¯_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>155451954
Holy shit, you're dumb.
>gets told directly the only factor here is not the anime studio
>bases his whole reply on the premise of studios being the only factor

Stop thinking everything is about the studios, you moron. People who pay the studios are also a part of the anime industry.
>>
>>155452163
So who's making what decision now?
Who suddenly decides that they want to burn cash on "creativity"?

You need somebody who actually has loose change, so none of the usual suspects in the anime industry. They don't have loose change. They are on budgets as well. They expect revenue for their investments, and they're expected to push certain products.
>>
>>155452242
I'm sorry, you're just not smart enough to be worth talking to. You didn't even understand the hypothetical without you having to get babied through it.

You can enjoy having the last word.
>>
>>155452348
>You can enjoy having the last word.
Thank you.
>>
>>155452365
You're pathetic
>>
>>155452430
Hey, you promised me the last word!
>>
>>155450102
As long as it sells, haremshit isn't going anywhere. "Good" and "innovative" runs the risk of pissing the base off, and a pissed off base doesn't pay. Better to stay the course and let the losers continue to empty their crusty wallets.

Aside from that, taste is subjective anyway, so your trash is someone else's treasure.
>>
>>155452460
I'm not the person you were talking to, just calling you out on being childlike and petty
>>
>>155452537
Okay?
>>
Nobody knows what sells anymore. Kemono Friends managed to get a second season off of a few coupons and meal tickets, nobody could've seen that coming. With the industry being so reliant on merchandising and Blu-Ray sales, it's kind of difficult to try and veer into adventurous territory without facing losses and poor sales.
>>
>>155450102
>Sure pandering to the safe bet is logical, but it will never be that great.
So you want people to take risks creating a product that might not sell well? You know that this is exactly what's happening with kickstarter and the video game industry, right? Publishers don't want to foot the bill on an unprofitable project, so developers are asking fans to fund their projects instead? You know how that's turning out? A fucking shit ton of disappointed backers who threw their money at shitty projects. Project after project of substandard garbage being put out. This is what you get when you deviate from creating products that appeal to the masses.
>>
>>155451854
So you mean Anime studios work independently from the production committees and can do what they want with the money? Purely hypothetical of course.
>>
>>155453830
No, I mean everyone in the whole process of producing an anime collectively decides to pool/save their money for better project than generic seasonal harem shit.

Because let's face it, even the seasonal harem shit doesn't really sell that well, and the QUALITY is also usually pretty bad.
>>
>>155453949
>everyone in the whole process of producing an anime collectively decides to pool/save their money for better project
And the audience just collectively decides to buy that instead of what they are actually used to buying?
>>
>>155453949
You still haven't described why they would want to take the money intended to advertise their products and use it to advertise someone else's product instead.
>>
>>155454003
Yes, because it'd be better.
It's not hard at all to write a better story than your generic harem, and with higher budget it would look better as well.
>>
>>155454087
Because anime isn't as much of a commercial as you think it is, and they would still get money from a successful product rather than a less than mediocre one.
>>
we need more western influenced stuff
that's what sells
>>
>>155454107
>Yes, because it'd be better.
Yeah, but they chose to watch the traditional anime, not whatever else this new anime of your is going to turn out to be.
Also, the merchandise. You can't have good figurines of Ghibli anime. You need some scantily dressed girls in the show so that you can later sell them in 3D.
>>
>>155454167
>Because anime isn't as much of a commercial as you think it is,
It definitely is.
>>
>>155454253
I'm not sure what you mean by "traditional anime". Do you just mean usual harem shit?

>>155454271
It's not. The most successful anime are always anime original. Code Geass, Madoka, Love Live, Eva, etc.
And you know what? They all had a higher budget than your generic seasonal harem.
>>
>>155454167
pls tell me more about anime not being commercials, sempai
start with a list of anime this year that aren't adapting anything

unless i missed one, that blank space above is it unless you're counting Elena of Avalo
>>
>>155454388
>Do you just mean usual harem shit?
I mean what you summarily describe as "usual harem shit", though harems are in actuality only a small part of the anime that are made every season.

>The most successful anime are always anime original.
The main part of an anime's profit lies outside of BD sales, even if it's a popular anime. Merch, live events, drama CDs, soundtracks and other stuff are important to finance anime.
>>
>>155453949
>saving budget for better Anime
At most this would create slightly smoother animaton and the use of more famous Seiyuus.
Fact is that Anime is a creative medium and money =/ quality. Your idea is also financially dangerous (less diverse scources of income +needing mainstream appeal to break even.).

>Seasonal harem shit
There aren't that many harem Anime a season, this is largly a Reddit/MAl myth.
>>
/a/ really is stupid
>>
>>155454498
Read the post directly above yours.

>>155454505
>>155454555
>exactly one minute apart
>"both" don't know how over saturated the medium is with harem shit
I can see where this is going.
>>
>>155454732
If I wanted to samefag, there would be less than 60 seconds between the posts. I have a pass.
And you fail to address the points being brought up.
>>
>>155454107
Okay I'll bite. Come up with a new innovative plot for an anime right now. It's not so hard so you should be able to do it, right?
>>
>>155454899
I mean, you're biased and want to claim that anything you say is correct, so no matter what I come up with, you'll call it shit.
>>
>>155454899
He's not a writer why would you expect that of him. And when he fails to deliver you'll think that you've somehow won the argument. Writing a good original story wasn't even the point of the discussion. Why dont you faggots address the initial problem. Why are you incapable of discussion.

Why is /a/ so retarded?
>>
>>155455047
>He
>>
>>155454993
Because you think the process of creating a better anime starts and ends with the suggestion of making a better anime. That's like me telling you that you're fucking stupid for not being a millionaire because all you have to do is make more money. You don't know shit about shit.
>>
>>155455183
>he literally admitted he's based
Thanks for playing, but you're really dumb.

That's not all what the premise of this situation is, and based on how stupid and hostile you are clearly the same person from before who thought this was all about studios.
>>
>>155455299
I'm not the retard who thinks the only thing you have to do to make a good anime is to make a good anime.
>>
>>155450102
> instead focused their budget are actually good and innovative things?
>Would X be better if they made more good things?
Great thread.
>>
>>155452978
But anon, that's how the gaming industry started out.
>>
>>155456669
yea and look where it is now. You could literally...

Would games as a whole be better if they stopped making dime a dozen shooters and remakes and instead focused their budget are actually good and innovative things? Sure pandering to the safe bet is logical, but it will never be that great.
>>
>>155450102
They should cut the faggot harem leads and just focused on cute/sexy girls doing cute/sexy things also being lesbians.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.