[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JoJo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: happyjopynincetomeetyouneeee.png (83KB, 226x238px) Image search: [Google]
happyjopynincetomeetyouneeee.png
83KB, 226x238px
There anything you guys feel the anime actually did better than the original?
>>
>>155387989
>another jojo thread
Everything after the chariot race in part 2 felt more entertaining in the anime. In the manga everything just went by and felt bland. The anime really spiced it up with all the voice acting and the osts.
>>
>>155387989
The animation
>>
>>155388194
The OST's are great! I love them so much I made a remix of Great Days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjWQ1GVDnlg
>>
JoJo fucking sucks. It's so exaggerated and ends up just being another generic shounen. It gets even shittier when they felt to need to jap it up with stardust. It's a shitty series and people who like it lack taste.
>>
>>155389485
Wow. I'm guessing you haven't actually seen it, because if you had you would know otherwise. Just see this video, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjWQ1GVDnlg
>>
I'm nreading the manga for the first time and I'm about halfway through part 2.
When do they start using stands? (Also are stands ever explained cause i wanna know how that shit works)
>>
>>155389539
watched the 1st series. It was shit. Johnny Joestar was boring as fuck, and joey was just a cocky bitch. the villains werent any good. Just all generic and mediocre.
>>
>>155389771
Wot? Is this bait, mate? Johnny isn't introduced until the 7th season, and there's no-one called Joey. Sounds like you watched it high 4 years ago. It's all about the experience, and the villains were all threatening. Most of the series is enjoyable. It really sounds like you need to watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjWQ1GVDnlg
>>
File: NO WEAKNESSES.jpg (135KB, 748x955px)
NO WEAKNESSES.jpg
135KB, 748x955px
>>155389740

Stands start in Part 3.

Stands are never explained consistently, so good luck with that.
>>
>>155389740
basic rules have been set down no, but bear in mind Araki was thinking these up as he was going, so expect some inconsistencies, at least in part 3

> A Stand protects its user, like a guardian. The name comes from "standing by" the user, sometimes using their powers without direct orders in order to protect the user, and by extension, themselves.
> Automatic Stands are those that are able to operate independently of their User, some can act without their User's knowledge or input and can be a detriment to the User if their abilities are also automatic (e.g. Black Sabbath, Superfly, Civil War). In some cases, the Stands think for themselves and can turn against their User if they see fit.
> A person can have only one Stand though their Stand may evolve (e.g. Echoes, Tusk).
> Not everyone is strong enough to acquire a stand, whether it's by the Golden Arrow or other means (e.g. Holly slowly dying from her own stand, Koichi slowly dying after being hit with a Golden Arrow).
> Conversely, any living thing is capable of acquiring a stand, from babies, to animals, to plankton, to trees.
>>
>>155391170
> Inanimate objects are also capable of possessing Stands though it is not clear if they are retained from a living user or manifested by themselves.
> Stands can be inherited.
> Stand is part of its user, and damage is usually reflected between the two. Usually, if a Stand's leg is cut off, its user will lose their leg as well. Certain aspects of some Stands, such as the armor of "Silver Chariot" or "The Fool", are immune to this effect. If the Stand is not exactly humanoid, they may reflect damage to their user's body relative to the area of the Stand that was damaged (e.g. High Priestess, Geb), or are an exception. Additionally, if a Stand can be bound or trapped in some way the User will likewise be unable to move
> Some Stands are completely invulnerable or impervious so only damage to their User will affect or otherwise destroy them.
> Stands may only be seen by Stand users;although there are exceptions including Stands bound to physical objects or are just corporeal for the sake of their abilities(e.g. Strength; attached once to a boat, Thoth; a physical comic that could change, Yellow Temperance; a blob of flesh that can form itself into disguises, Cheap Trick).
>>
>>155391170
> A Stand can only be directly damaged by another Stand. A Stand user however can still be attacked directly by a stand or conventional attacks.
> A Stand's energy or power is inversely proportional to their operating range. The further a Stand is from its user, the weaker it becomes – Long-range Stands and/or Stands' long-range abilities are simpler in mechanism. Two exceptions are Hanged Man, which travels from mirror to mirror, and Red Hot Chili Pepper, an electricity-based stand that can travel anywhere that has power lines or aboard anything with a battery.
> Automatic Stands tend to be exceptions to this rule as some operate without the User's direct input or direction.
>>
>>155391170
> When a Stand User dies, their Stand disappears with them unless the ability is activated by their death, retains their soul, or is completely retained within an object(e.g. Notorious B.I.G., Atom Heart Father, Cheap Trick, Limp Bizkit, Anubis).
> When a Stand is destroyed or dealt enough damage, their user is either knocked unconscious or killed, depending on the level of injury.
> In a number of cases, Automatic Stands are exceptions (e.g. Judgement, Superfly, Surface).
> Stands allow people to see ghosts (since stands themselves are spiritual phenomena), a fact that becomes important to the plot of Part 4.
>>
>>155391170
set down now, not no sorry
>>
I liked part 4 in the anime better.
>>
Also stands can be punchy strong guys
>>155391226
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.