[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Asuka called a tsundere?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: 1483868553768.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483868553768.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
You go type in any search engine, look up top tsunderes. Asuka is always in the top 10, even on threads on /a/ sometimes - Asuka is always mentioned.

Could someone fill me on why this is, cause a tsundere has to feel romantic feelings to the person they are usually argue alot with or are harsh with.
>>
No one gives a shit.
Eva is trash for pseudo intellectuals, once you take away all the incredibly plot conveninet mecha and MoTW plot you're lift witht this shitty melodrama about akward teenagers put in uncomfortable situations.

I hate it when this garbage gets praise for being realistic becuase if it was realistic plot device berserk mom wouldn't be there to save this boy with zero combat experience from getting killed.
>>
>>155387906
>cause a tsundere has to feel romantic feelings to the person
untrue.

Hell, that's why you can have moms who are tsundere for their children.

You do have to care a lot, but it doesn't need to be romantic at all.
>>
File: Rin.jpg (27KB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
Rin.jpg
27KB, 700x392px
>>155388044
But the general definition of tsundere in anime has to usually be about romance, think about it? What are some well mentioned tsundere female characers? Rin Tohsaka, Misaka Mikoto, Kurisu Makise, Kirino Kousaka, Chitoge Kirisaki, etc.
>>
>>155387972
is your mom dead or something? yeah it's bullshit but not for the reason you're on about. out of all the realism issues you could have taken issue with that's an oddly specific one to pick
>>
>>155388127
Nah. Jokes aside, Vegeta doesn't actually want to bang Goku.
>>
>>155388185
I don't consider Vegeta a tsundere, he's a kamidere or well was.
>>
File: 407353.jpg (46KB, 265x196px) Image search: [Google]
407353.jpg
46KB, 265x196px
I can't wait for this thread for get 300+ posts of autism
>>
>>155388217
You're mistaken then.

On another note, check out the tsundere girl in ichigo 100%. Who had no romantic interest in the MC (or anyone at all until an epilogue ch for her in college).

Look at the latest goblin slayer chapter and watch Lancer dude being hilariously tsundere for goblin slayer.

And so on and so forth forever.
>>
>>155387972
>REEEEEE I HATE EVA
nice meme senpai
>>
>>155388217
So those kamiwhatshername are allowed to not have romanic feelings but tsunderes are not?
What's with the arbitrary understanding of personality that's entirely limited by harem tropes ? Have you not ever spoken to real people that you have no idea how they work?
>>
>>155387906
It's just the archetype that suits her the best. It's not common to have complex characters in anime so she just is thrown in that category.
>>
>>155388287
tsundere is a bit more than being a bitch, what you're thinking of is tsun-tsun (turn away in disgust), the dere at the end means lovey-dovey.

>>155388279
mm yeah, eva fans can be a bit autistic.
>>
File: 1390892300755.png (135KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
1390892300755.png
135KB, 500x262px
>every memeva thread
Why does memeva doesn't have its own containment board yet? It should be a deep-deep situation.
>>
>>155388394
No, I usually just usually use a dictionary for that.
>>
>>155387906
Does Asuka actually have any deredere traits or is she just straight-up tsuntsun?
>>
>>155388450
Pretty much this, casuals just like labeling the characters
>>
>>155388468
Even 2ch has its own Eva thread

>>155388548
Everytime she's with Kaji she turns into a mega deredere
>>
File: 1486621012577.jpg (117KB, 720x547px) Image search: [Google]
1486621012577.jpg
117KB, 720x547px
>>155388450
She's a tsun-tsun, she has no characteristic of a dere. She hates Shinji and doesn't have feeling for him. Asuka is completely disgusted with him.
>>
>>155388576
Yeah, but see seems out of character and not acting herself. Kaji is the only person she is nice to.
>>
>>155388618
No, she acts the same with Hikari.
When she was at her most vulnerable during their sleepover she was completely deredere.
>>
File: One (You).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
One (You).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>155388468
>>
>>155388579
She's deredere with those she actually cares about.
She's tsuntsun to everyone else because she genuinely does hate them.

Basically a normal 3DPD teenage girl.
>>
>>155388657
and this is why she is worst girl.
>>
>>155388675
Worst than rei the walking corpse and misato the child molestor? Nah m9
>>
>>155388657
Alteast she has reasons for it. Not the typical "you touched my boobs xd im tsun-tsun" kind of character.
>>
>>155388637
crying alot=/= not deredere

Deredere means to be lovey dovey, and she wasn't exactly being honest with Hikari. She keeps her personal life as much a secret as possible, only Misato, Ritsuko and Kaji know.

She gets along with only two people, and everyone else she has a poor relationship with. All the boys in school, Shinji, Misato and probably the NERV staff.
>>
>>155388709
Well Rei does have good relationships with people and she gets along with her peers, Asuka a cunt to those who don't pay attention to her or praise her skills.
>>
>>155388787
>good relationships
She literally only talked to Gendo before shinji came to NERV.
>>
>>155388822
Well that's Rei's character growth for you, she's changed as the series went on. Asuka however regressed and got worse, being more abusive and even violent to her peers.

When Rei stood up for Shinji against Asuka shows who does or doesn't have it.
>>
But Asuka has romantic feelings for Shinji. I guess, later they are overwhelmed by hatred for everyone though.
>>
>>155389383
Not according to Asuka's seiyuu.
>>
>>155389406
Who said so in an interview about Rebuild, hates Shinji and thinks he's worse than Hitler and is a fujoshi.
I don't think it has relation to original whatsoever.
>>
>>155389674
Which doesn't makes sense considering that Shikinami was made to be tsundere and has a crush on him in 2.22, even cooks for him. Now I'm confused.
>>
>>155387972
kys
>>
>>155387906
Asukafags are retarded, more news at eleven.
>>
>>155388736
Of course. She's my second favorite Eva character because she's so realistic.
I wouldn't want it any other way.
>>
>>155389674
It wasn't about Rebuild because Shikinami is clearly a tsundere there and Miyamura even said as much.

Asuka never had those feelings for Shinji in NGE.
>>
>>155389406
That's her interpretation, not an authoritative source.
>>
>>155390366
Anno directed her on all the inner meanings and intentions of her character. What she says is true.
>>
>>155390452
Not that guy, but if its true it makes Asuka look worse as a person.
>>
>>155390031
not him, in fact a massive fan of eva, but you need to fucking kill yourself you pathetic piece of shit.

"kys" is for underaged cancer like yourself, get the fuck off this website and come back when your balls have dropped you snivelling little cunt.
>>
>>155390508
How so? It just makes her seem like a much better character in my eyes.
>>
>>155390452
Show me Anno saying it and I will take it as fact. I have no way to know that she is actually repeating information that he gave her.
>>
>>155390530
Considering the shit she put Shinji through, it makes her look like look like a huge cunt who manipulates men to make herself feel better. Since you put it that way, it makes her look like the antagonist of the series.
>>
>>155390548
You have no way to know she isn't.
Japanese people aren't Westerners, seiyuu especially when giving interviews and talking about their characters always say "I think" and clarify their interpretation versus the canon. They're very timid and careful about what they say because it could lead to a backlash or loss of their job if they're wrong.
But here Miyamura says it completely as if it's a fact. And it's not the first time she said it either when asked the question. Since she was so blunt on her answer it's clear Anno or another staff member informed her as much.
If otherwise she wouldn't have said it like that and destroyed all shipper's hearts like that.
>>
>>155388279
>>155388460
eva fans can definitely be autistic, no denying that, but usually these threads are actually interesting until autistic fujoshits/asukafags/reifags come in and ruin the thread with their autistic shipping wars and falseflagging left, right, and centre like a bunch of faggots. otherwise these threads are usually alright.
>>
>>155390575
>manipulates men to make herself feel better
This was spelled out for you in the series. Not just Asuka, Misato and Ritsuko acted similarly.

It's not necessarily their fault, it's just the way they were brought up. Everyone in Eva is supposed to be portrayed as broken and sick, not some cliche tsundere who will melt in your arms as soon as you're nice to her. NGE Asuka will never be that shallow and unrealistic of a character.
>>
>>155390619
Honestly everyone is usually pretty chill will each other until the Reifag enters the picture.
He derails every conversation into waifufag bullshit.
>>
>>155390580
>You have no way to know she isn't.

Lol, okay then.
>>
>>155390622
The thing is though there are tsunderes out there that are good characters and don't like being "tsundere" be their defining trait. Like wise, Asuka lets her childhood trauma define her entire character and she never really grows or matures.
>>
>>155390673
But tsundere in itself is not a realistic trait. People don't act like that in real life so I'm glad NGE Asuka didn't go that route.
It seems Anno wanted to make characters that mimic real people as much as possible, and I think he succeeded with that here.

>Asuka lets her childhood trauma define her entire character
Which is so common in people in reality that it's scary. The realism is what makes her brilliant.
Although I'd argue that EoE implies she can mature and grow out of her ways. It implies that we all can, it's an ending of hope.
>>
We've been discussing this thoroughly. It's obvious Asuka feels something towards Shinji, it's even clarified in Character Guide. Even Annoposter, who seems to be a huge Kaworufag, admitted it.
>>
>>155391509
No one is denying she has attraction to him spurred by hormones and desperation, but it's obviously not love. She's using him for validation just like every character is to each other.
As if a 14 year old girl that fucked up could even genuinely love someone else in the first place. She needs a lot of years to heal.

Asuka is too complex of a character for you to corner her into generic cliche tsundere archetypes. You have Rebuild for that.
>>
>>155391669
At least after EoE she knows that Shinji will choke a bitch (and cry afterwards) if he needs to.
>>
>>155387972
Agree. Ideon>>>>shit>>>>>Eva
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.