[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what the hell was the point of vampires in Gantz?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: gantz-gantz-9370786-1024-768[1].jpg (612KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gantz-gantz-9370786-1024-768[1].jpg
612KB, 1024x768px
So what the hell was the point of vampires in Gantz?
>>
Who was Sebastian?
>>
File: 234523453245.jpg (115KB, 728x1077px) Image search: [Google]
234523453245.jpg
115KB, 728x1077px
What the hell was the point of Gantz? I liked his slice of life NHK wannabe more when he went on a hiatus from Gantz.
>>
>>155279153
Why did they killed Kurono's Brother?
He did nothing wrong at all.
>>
>>155279153
To look cool while this plays on the background
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b1wt3-zpzQ
>>
>>155279153
>George Soros is vampire
Accurate
>>
File: 1275893371256.jpg (119KB, 547x719px) Image search: [Google]
1275893371256.jpg
119KB, 547x719px
>>155279353

NO, you clearly dont understand!
>>
>>155279153
They were an excellent concept, badass enough for me to care anyway, but then they faded for no reason at all.
>>
>>155279153
abandoned plot route.
>>
>>155279217
read the manga.
>>
>>155283044
Pretty much.
It felt like it was going somewhere, then suddenly it got wrapped up in like three chapters(Izumi rapes like 95% of 'em, Hikawa offs Kurono's brother because why the fuck not, while Kurono kills what appears to be the rest of 'em ) and the series went on a year long hiatus, after which "Phase Two" begins, where the vamps got thrown a bone in what amounted to a short fight and two cameos in the remainder of the series.

It screams scrapping the entire fucking story and hastily concocting something new from what amounts to scratch, which is probably exactly what happened.
>>
>>155279153
First approach to the whole immigrants issue, like a very massive Strong Arm alien incident. It's implied that Izumi team had the vampires as objectives at some point, so they organized as one strong union to hunt the "hunters". It was necessary to show how did aliens lived in the planet, didn't you ever wondered how did the Oni aliens lived as normal persons? Basically that.
>what about the whole Kurono brother incident
If we think about these aliens as "vampires" then we can assume they can convert, or better said, infect other people, the "nanomachines" are their way to do so.

>>155283044
Also this, but hey, still was fucking awesome.
>>
>>155279353
What's the point of anything? Gantz was about the characters and how they dealt with this lethal game, there is a plot and worldbuilding but is just part of the background, it only matters if you care about it, the best example I can give is Redline, it was always about the race.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.