[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So did Ikari not join the tang with everyone else? We see him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 10

File: CIBj0AuWIAAFWhJ.jpg-large.jpg (18KB, 414x240px) Image search: [Google]
CIBj0AuWIAAFWhJ.jpg-large.jpg
18KB, 414x240px
So did Ikari not join the tang with everyone else? We see him get decapitated by the Eva but I can't tell if it actually happened or if it's just a metaphor. Not to mention he's almost entirely absent from the instromentality aside from the congratulations scene, but that would go against his wish to be with Yui and I feel like that's a pretty underwhelming fate for him
>>
Wasn't there a scene with him lying on the floor surrounded by Reis?
>>
>>155226484
He is lying on the floor with Yui standing over him. Then it cuts to Unit 01 in OPs pic
>>
I don't see why he wouldn't go in. All of the dead people at NERV go in.
>>
>>155224833
>Not to mention he's almost entirely absent from the instromentality

In instrumentality people's flaws and weaknesses are healed by the strengths of other people. Gendo has mostly the same flaws that Shinji has so it makes sense that he would not have a major presence.
>>
>>155224833
All Yui wanted was for Shinji to grow up supported and happy, and trusted Gendo to do that in her absence.

Instead he chases down a way to reunite with her, causing incredible woe to practically the entire human race, ESPECIALLY his son.

I think he was intentionally kept from reuniting with Yui as penance. I don't know whether it was Yui, Rei or even Shinji who kicked him out of instrumentality, but they all had good enough reason to. Yui has the most satisfying irony though.
>>
>>155226922
Yui's soul floats off into space in Unit 01 at the end anyway.
>>
>>155224833
He was tanged in an earlier draft for EoE but he isn't tanged in the movie. No Rei to recollect his soul.

>Gendo's final lines are the same, but his death is different: he's just shown turning into LCL and a "particle of red light." His LCL joins the pool in Terminal Dogma prior to Rei retrieving his glasses.
>>
>>155226959
I don't think that was supposed to be Yui actually floating away. I thought it was the final form of Eva existing beyond human constraints
>>
>>155224833
The symbolism of OP pic is pretty important.

Rei comes for every other character, she takes a lot of different forms but they make it very clear that it's just a disguise. It's quiet, peaceful and merciful.

Gendo doesn't get a Rei. The one who gets to deliver the reaping is Yui (who is also a pretty big key in instrumentality and could feasibly also have these "rights" in the ceremony), She's not like Rei, she doesn't give Gendo the pretty memory he wanted, she gives him the cold, uncomfortable truth of what all this bullshit has caused her to become, and violently devours (most of) him.

Maybe he joined the rest. The act of him being eaten could just be a more harsh method of depicting joining the collective mass of humanity, or it could show his soul being "turned down at the gates" so to speak.
>>
>>155227142
After Yui floats away from Shinji when he's underwater, Shinji comes up and says "But mother. Mother, what are you going to do?" It thens shows the scene with her talking to Fuyutsuki about how "the Eva can live forever along with the soul of the person inside it... It'll be very lonely, but as long as one person still lives" etc. Shinji then says "Farewell, mother" as it shows the Eva, with long hair, floating in space.
>>
>>155227331
I agree with this and I think it's the most thematically appropriate, however as OP points out, gendo is still in Shinjis congratulations scene. So either he makes it to instromentality eventually, or everyone in congratulations just represents Shinji accepting himself, visualizing his self-conscious as the people around him
>>
>>155224833
Nope. Everything else is seen in Tang where Gendo was just left standing on 2 legs
>>
>>155227442
I don't know if you should interpret the TV instrumentality and the EoE instrumentality as the same thing. They're two different endings.
>>
>>155226776
When was this stated?
>>
>>155227526
Now THIS I disagree with. It's all part of the same instromentality. You can even see some scenes line up. In fact you can even tell the exact moment congratulations takes place in the EoE instromentality
>>
>>155224833
Wait is the Anti-Spiral pretty much Instrumentality?
>>
>>155227596
>In fact you can even tell the exact moment congratulations takes place in the EoE instromentality

When is it?
>>
>>155227596
Anno himself (yea, he's an idiot who doesn't understand what he meant himself, but) said that those ending are separate.
>>
File: eva platinum scan.png (310KB, 540x282px) Image search: [Google]
eva platinum scan.png
310KB, 540x282px
>>155227596
Everytime until you accept it.
>in response to fans (…) it was decided that there wold be a remake
>that is (…) The End of Evangelion
>the story of Eva would branch into two stories with the diverging point being (…) Episode 24.
>the two stories (…) unfold differently and arrive at their own climaxes
>it is not that one is the complete version
>just like multiple endings of a game
>two different endings (…) for one story

>KT - Yes, it’s finally over. I honestly think it would have been best simply to end it with the TV series. Frankly speaking, I feel that everything after that was a bit of unnecessary work.

>Someone else later asked the old question about if EoE was created as revenge against the fans who hated the TV ending, and Yamaga responded again that the TV ending was planned from the beginning, and everyone at Gainax was satisfied with the ending, but they still wanted to do more Eva when they were finished so they made the movies.
>Yamaga once again stated that episodes 25 and 26 of the series were planned from the beginning and people believe otherwise because fans like making up rumors.

>A few people asked Anno about why he did the final two episodes the way he did, while noting that they felt the ending was confusing. Anno replied, via his translator, that he did not think there was anything wrong with the last two episodes at all and that if we didn’t like the ending of Eva, that was our problem (…) he picked up the microphone and, speaking in English, said “Too bad.“
>>
File: CCF31012010_00006__2.jpg (621KB, 1000x1013px) Image search: [Google]
CCF31012010_00006__2.jpg
621KB, 1000x1013px
>>155227866
And a bonus.
>>
File: 1488767744176.jpg (96KB, 473x357px) Image search: [Google]
1488767744176.jpg
96KB, 473x357px
>>155228061
>blue Earth spreads beneath his feet (...) It seems this is the Earth that has been transfigured by the Instrumentality Project.

never thought of that, I thought it was just a symbol for something else
>>
File: mpv-shot0004.jpg (381KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0004.jpg
381KB, 1920x1080px
>>155227630
There's a couple, I'll post them. This one is most obvious (Rei's placement will never stop being funny to me)
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (250KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
250KB, 1920x1080px
>>155228694
the craters kind of resemble the coral reef from EoTV
>>
>>155227630
https://youtu.be/z4-Q5mH6EaM
>>
>>155227835
>Anno said!
That's not how it works
>>
>>155228732
>>155228694
>>155229024
Don't bother it's just a fujoshi
>>
File: reifags.png (462KB, 634x480px) Image search: [Google]
reifags.png
462KB, 634x480px
>>155227331
>quiet
>peaceful
>merciful
Why'd HE have to get fucked up, lads?

>>155228694
"...let me take...the photo, next time"
>>
>>155229255
Because he doesn't love anyone.
>>
File: 1488443279701.jpg (40KB, 897x869px) Image search: [Google]
1488443279701.jpg
40KB, 897x869px
>>155229255
>filename
>>
>>155227866
>>155228061
That sounds just as an expansion of what instrumentality entails, it doesn't say in any moment that one excludes the other, only that what we see in the last two episodes is one of many possibilities that occurred during the same instrumentality, is just another interpretation of what happened.
>>
File: 1484353596204.jpg (47KB, 548x626px) Image search: [Google]
1484353596204.jpg
47KB, 548x626px
anyone know if Sephirotic got a translator for the extras
>>
>>155226922
>All Yui wanted was for Shinji to grow up supported and happy, and trusted Gendo to do that in her absence
Her sole objective as stated by herself was making the eva into something eternal as a proof that humanity existed, if she needed to kill everyone on the planet so be it
>>
>>155227609
I guess so, though I guess he is less invasive/apocalyptic about it, the people of his world didn't get their bodies liquified at least, they just joined a hivemind and created the dude they talk to

Wonder why people never actually thought of the Anti-spirals like that
>>
>>155229533
Pretty sure her last words were about how she wants to show Shinji the "bright future." The whole "testament to humanity's existence" might have been a a secondary goal if Instrumentality were to happen. Besides, its retarded to think that she'd want to kill everyone in order to prove that humanity existed. If she wanted proof of humanity's existence, then keeping everyone alive would have been pretty damn good on its own
>>
Already said this in other thread will repeat here:

Of course that Unit 01 was a quantum hallucination of Ikari. From what we can infere hallucinations are occur precisely to brake each characters ego. I find it highly unlikely that the hallucination was a punishment from an external force, the fact that Gendou says: "I'm sorry, Shinji", implies that he indeed felt guilt and that he was "consumed" by it. The fact that we see his body without a head and not actually tangifing doesn't mean he didn't tangify offscreen. It was most for an aesthetic reason.

More importantly, Gendou being cruelly killed out of vengeance seems very contradictory with the positive message of the movie.

Don't take everything you see visually on EoE as something that is literally happening, like Asuka riding Shinji naked, or him chocking Asuka after he burn his arms with coffee.
>>
>>155229497
No I didn't, I'll give it a try again this weekend.
I got a couple of guys from Spanish, Russian and Chinese to update and check subs for the Rebirth, when they finish their work, I'll release Death and Rebirth V2 and then focus on wrapping up the Extras. I've also been doing some test encodes with both the episodes 21-24 from the Archival and Perfect Collections (the rara non-renewal DC version of those episodes). Not very happy with AnimeIVTC mode 1 sanimebob+srestore gives back more detail and less blending but brakes up on pans... Oh well.
>>
>>155228061
That is from nyantype?
>>
>>155227866
Not him but this interview contradicts another one that says that EoE was always adaptes from the original ending script and that episode 26 was a re-write after they got the approval for the movie due to the high popularity but they still needed to deliver the 26 episodes contract even if they were shifting the end to the movie
>>
Shinji is bi and in love with Kaworu.
Frembly reminder.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.