[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Hideaki Anno's best work? And why is it his involvement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

What is Hideaki Anno's best work? And why is it his involvement in FLCL voicing Takkun's cat
>>
he has a terrible beard
>>
>>155130340
R***-K***
>>
>>155130340
Kawoshin
>>
File: ff6.png (426KB, 600x699px) Image search: [Google]
ff6.png
426KB, 600x699px
I dont know maybe making Neon Tacogenesis Evangelio compa
>>
>>155135564
Probably
Even his live action Eva was pretty good
>>
>>155130340
The bits he did in NausicaƤ. Been downhill ever since.
>>
Shin Godzilla
>>
File: 1465681607508.gif (496KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
1465681607508.gif
496KB, 576x324px
>>155137541
The monster design was nice, but the rest wan't that great. As I'm intimately aware of the production of Shin Godzilla, I might be going a little too far to attribute Anno to that.

Honestly, subtracting his ungodly success with Eva, there's not a lot he's done. There's Nadia, but his touch mostly seems to be poisoning Nadia's character into a self-insert of his own morality.
>>
>>155138488
>>155137541

>...As I'm NOT intimately aware...
My bad on that.
>>
I just want to use this post to gush about how good flcl's eng dub was.
It wasn't perfect, but the casting was great, and when the delivery was good, it was damn good.
Maybe up there with the sub imo
>>
>>155138488
>Honestly, subtracting his ungodly success with Eva, there's not a lot he's done.
He's done some live action movies I still have to watch.
But yeah. What the hell? Anno had so much potential and was already ready to move foward into making new stuff after Eva.
As much as a genius people consider him to be, the man didn't move foward that much unlike the rest of the Gainax-Future Trigger staff that kept producing new quality stuff.
I want Anno directing original material after Eva 3+1
>>
>>155138488
As somebody who first watched Evangelion for the first time months ago around the time Shin Godzilla came out, I enjoyed Shin godzilla much more.

The only other thing of Anno's i've seen is his Giant God Warrior short, which I absolutely loved, and Shin Godzilla felt like a full movie version of (I know GGW is a nausica prequel but in terms of direction and style and even shot for shot in a few scenes it's very close to Shin Godzilla)
>>
it's not takkun
it's ta-kun
as in naoTA-KUN
it's a shortening of his name.
>>
>Be Ghibli
>Looking to cast MC of The Wind Rises
>Go through the choices
>They're all no good. How about Anno
>Anno you say
>Anno
>Anno
>Sure
>>
File: 4.png (91KB, 475x528px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
91KB, 475x528px
>>155130340
Love & Pop and Evangelion TV
>>
>>155142456
He was good though
Miya wanted MC to sound like a passionate autist, and that's who Anno is
>>
>>155143523
Nah, he was just plain terrible.
Even Japanese watchers agreed.
>>
is his and her circumstance any good?
>>
>>155145020
Babby's first unconventional shoujo
>>
>>155140974
Oh that makes a bit more sense

Thanks anon
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.