[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the moefication of classic anime heroines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: C5_pn90UYAEsvkQ.jpg orig.jpg (441KB, 1272x2838px) Image search: [Google]
C5_pn90UYAEsvkQ.jpg orig.jpg
441KB, 1272x2838px
How do you feel about the moefication of classic anime heroines?
>>
>I don't know what moe is

The left can be considered just as "moe" as the right. Who has the infographic?
>>
>>155111350
One is different than the others...
>>
>moefication
That's how you call it when outdated drawing styles are replaced with more expressive, high-detail drawing styles?
>>
Modern colors bother me more.
>>
>>155111744
How so?
>>
>>155111422
This is what I came here to post, if anything it's a massive improvement because that kind of dated artstyle isn't acceptable nowadays.
>>
>>155111350
Nekomusume needed it so bad, goddamn.
>>
>>155111350
First 2 are improvement. 3rd one looked better as the original. Last 2 looks better.

So, it's not an old vs new argument, it's just individual artstyle vs new artstyle.
>>
>>155111350
The only one that got "moeifed" is the Gegege chick though. As in her updated character is made to be more cute than the original version is.

Everything else you listed is just a switch in character designers.
>>
The punchline of that image is that Nekomusume is the only character that was made significantly cuter. The others had only superficial changes and are "pretty" both originally and in modern renditions. Anyone understanding this as anything but a joke about Nekomusume is retarded.
>>
>>155113253
Fuck off.
>>
>>155111777

The more recent trend of shiny skin that looks like blisters for instance.
>>
>>155111350
Nothing has changed.
>>
>>155111350
>moeification
Anon, all of those except the last are moe as fuck in both before and after. Moe does not mean "modern artstyle."
>>
>>155111350

these characters were the moe standard of their time except the last
>>
>>155111350
They don't have as much soul, huh?
>>
>>155111350
I don't give a shit about most of these but "updating" Matsumoto's ladies is just blasphemy.
>>
>>155111777
Everything is shiny and glossy. It annoys me.
>>
>>155111790
On the left side the 3rd and 4th are good. I'd even count the first for something unique.

For the right side the 1st one is the best. The other are fairly generic and will be forgettable.
>>
>>155111350
Turning into cgishit is only bad one.
>>
>>155111350
003 looks much cuter in the old style.
>>
>>155111947
No, first one is an improvement (tough the 80s one had the better body type), 2nd got better proportions, but lost the appeal, 3rd one is shit, 4th one is proto Trigger Gainax, and last one is In Name Only. (tough 2000s Nekomusume was good)
>>
File: cyborg009.jpg (78KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg009.jpg
78KB, 640x905px
First of all, OP doesn't know what the hell he's talking about

Secondly, there are few things that make me angrier in regards to anime than the fact that they made the all the 00 Cyborgs handsome

It's like, hey, fuck you buddy. You take one of the great classic works where everybody has a different look and turn into a buncha fucking fashion rejects. This ain't a Final Fantasy game.

Plus, doing that just makes 009 even more worthless, as being kind of normal looking was one of the few things he had going on to distinguish him from the others.
>>
>>155122147
Well they cant do Pyuma still being blackface man, he stood like right until the 70s, i dunno in the manga, but the 80s movie/OVA re-designed him
>>
>>155111947
>redesigning Matsumoto's logical conclusion at drawing his vision of the perfect woman is an "improvement"
DELET THIS RITH NAO
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.