[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Single cour anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1353808481652.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
1353808481652.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
Is this enough for you? It almost never is for me.

At 11/12 /13 episodes into a show the characters are only starting to grow on me. I'm only starting to get attached, but then they're swapped out and I'm now suddenly introduced to the new seasons' crop of characters.

All I want to do is spend more time getting to know last seasons', and the season before lasts' characters, but everything's moving at such a blistering pace that I can't keep up.
>>
>>155005382
Yes. If I like the anime enough to want another cour, I might as well buy get the manga/vn
>>
for every one anime im sad ended theres like 20 more i gave zero fucks about and am glad they are being replaced by anything else
>>
>>155005382
I agree with that, I wish it would go on for 300+ episodes like those shounen shows.Yet that makes it all the more precious, knowing those 13 episodes is all you will get animated makes you appreciate it more as happiness is temporary instead of constant.
>>
>>155005830
I don't agree with the notion that happiness has to be fleeting in order to have value. But even an additional cour added onto the first would seem about the right length to me. Marching from season to season without stopping to smell the roses gets exhausting and dizzying after a while.
>>
>>155006542
>happiness has to be fleeting in order to have value
I never said that, I only said it would make it more precious.
Lets take Azumanga Daioh as an example, If I could smell the roses for eternity, I would no questions asked. Though you cant live in the past forever, the present awaits. everything is ephemeral to an extent.
>>
2 cour is great

2 seasons of 2 cour is even better

1 cour is usually too little yeah
>>
>>155007165
I'm not saying abandon the present and future. I just think that it'd be more fulfilling to spend more time fleshing out existing character, rather than, after a few short months, recycling them with a new batch, again and again.

The speed at which the seasons go by is getting majorly jarring.
>>
>>155007333
Oh ok I can agree with that, time flies by so fast now with information overloading, but what can you do? make stories yourself?
Just appreciate your time with the series you love and as the old saying goes "It cant be helped"
>>
File: 2017-03-25 08-12-45.webm (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-25 08-12-45.webm
2MB, 600x338px
>>
>>155005382
Yahari Ore sorta counts for me. The cours are so different from each other and I wanted more of it in the atmosphere of the first one.
>>
File: 2017-03-25 08-24-42.webm (348KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-25 08-24-42.webm
348KB, 600x338px
>>155007333
>>
A lot of people simply invest themselves in long running series, just look at how they dominate the catalog. It's natural.

Following long and short running series works and helps alleviate you when the shorter ones end
>>
Yeah I'm pretty bummed about not getting an S2 for GabDrop too.
>>
>>155008309
It doesn't help that the sort of anime I enjoy watching doesn't tend to run for more than 13 episodes.
>>
Most anime doesn't really justify more than a single cour. The best version of Chrono Crusade, for instance, would be one that cuts down to 12 or 13 episodes. Most two cour anime has a lot of bloat and only really gets going in the second half.
>>
>>155005382
And that is why i dont bother with any show, until it has a confirmed ending.
>>
Every time you put the apostrophe after the s was wrong.
>>
>>155005382
mostly not. I want new stuff after 3 months and don't want invest half a year into a show and get disappointed
>>
>>155008343
S1+S2 isn't 2 cour
learn the difference already
>>
>>155005382
Agreed.

aBe animes are so dense that 1 cour does not do them justice. Case in point, Haibane Renmei
>>
File: 1385204106740.gif (648KB, 333x281px)
1385204106740.gif
648KB, 333x281px
Yeah it's enough for me depending on the show mostly.

I'd say very few need 24 episodes to enjoy the show more.
>>
If I were to liken it to another feeling it'd be like drawing a nice, hot bath to soak off the days stress and then having the plug pulled after 10 minutes. You're not done yet and the sudden transition back into the cold, harsh air is deeply unpleasant.
>>
Just don't watch seasonal shows.
>>
>>155010504
So you dont watch anime at all?
>>
In particular, anime with a large roster of characters can't do them all justice in 13 episodes.
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I like belabouring the time spent with characters in all sorts of different scenarios in order to more fully appreciate their character foibles.
>>
>>155005382
This. The quality rises so much when a show gets 2 cours, it's scary.
>>
>>155011799
I watch shows that are guaranteed to get a sequel. If a show is 12 episodes, then it is a ''testing the waters'' type of show, that might not get a sequel. But if it is a 24 episode show, then the odds of it getting a sequel are really high, since nobody in their right mind makes a 24 episode show to test the waters.
>>
>>155005382
Reminder that almost every Jap use anime adaptations only as a way to further promote the original source. Although there are exceptions like Reddit:Zero for which the creator said he would love seeing everything animated.
>>
>>155005382
It's enough. See Madoka.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.