[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw you finish the best sport manga there has ever been and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: ES21_240_pg14.jpg (193KB, 733x789px) Image search: [Google]
ES21_240_pg14.jpg
193KB, 733x789px
>Tfw you finish the best sport manga there has ever been and theres nothing to fill the void it left

Hold me bros
>>
>>154994463
know the feel-eyeshield is my fav manga but america arc suck ballz
>>
>>154994803
yup. I bought most of the series tankobons, but just stoppped at volume 34. I wish I could magically replace the last chapter in that one with the actual last chapter of the manga, then it would be a perfect ending.
>>
>>154994923
I felt the last two arcs where kind of rushed. Although that last play against Teikoku still gives me the chills whenever I re-read it
>>
>>154994463
where's Hajime no Ippo picture?
>>
>You will never play High school football

FUCK
>>
>>154994923
last chapters are ok but ultimate america badass super boss battle was not that great. All america team is bland and meeh even panther is weak as character . he should never be "last boss rival"
>>
>>154995188
The battle for the real ES21 title is cool and that girl quarterback is cute as hell. But man, the manga dipped in quality during the world cup/bowl arc. Did the manga dropped ratings or what? It felt so damn rushed near the end. And that mini-post High School battle, oh how I want to read through that. I just wanna see how Hiruma counters Sena.
>>
>>154994463
It was a fun ride. Shame it got rushed in the end. And seeing Murata's art evolve through the years, into the beast he is now, was something else.
>>
>>154994463
The lack of ES21 doujins saddens me the most.
>>
>>154996460
>But man, the manga dipped in quality during the world cup/bowl arc.

It turned pure /pol/.
>>
File: Eyeshield 21.jpg (289KB, 1600x1140px) Image search: [Google]
Eyeshield 21.jpg
289KB, 1600x1140px
>>154996460
> I just wanna see how Hiruma counters Sena
>Agon
>Yamato
>Akaba
>Hiruma
I don't think they can really be stopped by anyone
>>
I hope it gets a revival anime
>>
>>154994463
pic not related?
>>
>>154996460
I don't know the facts but I always assumed it was made to continue after wrapping up what it had.

Dinosaurs was best game, underrated as fuck, should've been the actual finale.
>>
>>154996460
I think it's meant to end at the Christmas bowl. It has the perfect setup for an ending. The world cup arc was either forced in by Shueisha or the editors, or it was a victory lap gone wrong.
>>
>>154996237
Oh man, playing football in highschool was so fun, although I don't keep up with football at all anymore I'll always remember my time playing it.
>>
>>154994463
>theres nothing to fill the void it left
The author is doing Dr. Stone right now. Personally, I'm liking it so far. The two main characters dynamic really reminds me of Hiruma and Kurita.
>>
>>154997623
Man, Sena's team got 3 OP runners and Gao. Though the seem to lack the strategic minds in there. But the again Sena probably picked up a thing or two from Hiruma though.
>>
>>154994463
>muh shounen powerups
>those final arcs
>better than Slam Dunk
>better than Real
>better than Joe
>better than Ping Pong
>better than Touch
No.
>>
>>154998231
>Touch
I watched like the first 30 episodes of that and it was pretty good but I got kind of bored after what's his face died and kind of just stopped watching. How long does it take to get good again after his brother starts playing baseball?
>>
I only read the first 30 chapters or so.

Does he ever join the NFL or some shit, or does he just end up as the king of the microscopic gridiron japan leagues.
>>
>>154998213
It's easy to forget but Marco is the only character in the series to outwit Hiruma, and he was playing with a much weaker deck. I wouldn't write him off.
>>
File: 09.jpg (110KB, 750x1197px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
110KB, 750x1197px
>>154998508
>It's easy to forget but Marco is the only character in the series to outwit Hiruma
I don't remember that. Kid is the only character who does.
>>
>>154998682
Hiruma lost to Kid for the same reason Marco lost to Hiruma, they got outgunned. Kid doesn't pull off any intelligent ploys, he's just at the right level of smart to leverage his advantages over The Devilbats when the game is going his way.

I don't think Marco is smarter than Hiruma but that game ends because Marco's game plan was reliant on having a few pushed pieces that got shut down while the Devilbats had way more cards to play. I didn't notice until something like my third read but Marco has Hiruma's number almost the entire game, he reads about every Devilbat play and takes Hiruma out of the game very knowingly. It wasn't some split decision, they show Marco setting up and signaling the play right before it happens. It's a bad mental match for Hiruma because Marco's entire shtick is that he's the quarterback specifically equipped to counter every trick play.
>>
>>154998379
Anime ending has him joining an NFL team
>>
>>154998304
Half the series becomes douche basketball player going through rehab and the other half is spent on some loser PG trying to go pro.
>>
>>154997838
Oh yeah, that match was intense, but I preferred Naga's game. The Ojyo game also felt lacking despite it was "marketed" heavily.
>>
Best game was vs Poseidon
Komosubi was pretty fucking based
>>
File: EOpbMKy.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EOpbMKy.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is this kokou no hito thread?
>>
>>154999409
I'm gonna be honest, I thought Kokou no Hito was shit and I will never understand why people hold it up so highly.
>>
>>154996237
I did football in my high school. It's just that the ball is round and not egg-shaped
>>
>>154999461
Did you finish reading it? I'll admit the beginning is pretty shitty and cliché. But as soon as the terrible original writer quit it becomes an amazing psychological experience.
>>
>>154994463
Kek I still remember this. I always had this lingering fantasy match between Yamato (real ES21 before sena surpassed him) and Akaba (blue ES21)
>>
>>154994803
Of course it did, it was completely rushed.
>>
>>154999786
I did finish reading it, and I thought it got worse the longer it went on. It's just so messily crafted when you break it down.

So you have this set up, this whole coming of age story that ends up running through the dude's entire life, but it's constantly interrupted by long irrelevant stretches about other characters. In a lot of series, this is fine, but they just never do anything with these stories. They don't really make the characters likeable, and a lot of them don't contribute anything to the protagonist in the long run. These guys show up, they be general dicks, and then they're out of his life and we feel sorry for the dude.

There's this constant theme about how the mountain is the hero's only love, but they sabotage that when he falls in love, which is cool, that's development, but he just flops back and forth on his values. Now I mean, that's an internal conflict and I might've been okay with how clumsy I thought it was if they followed through well with it, but the finale is that after he's rescued from the mountain he's allowed to just have the best of both worlds for no reason at all. It didn't even really feel rushed as much as it felt like the writer put himself into a corner and couldn't come up with anything satisfying, so he just fell back on the good graces of the readers who invested themselves into wanting a happy ending that wasn't really earned at all.

They just spend so much time kicking you in the balls for emotions in Kokou no Hito but when you break it down, this bad shit happens for no reason at all. I can't even call that a consistent theme, because it's so far removed from the loneliness aesthetic that the manga has set up. I'm made to think that the mountain is all a big metaphor for something, but it comes to nothing.

It's a rock climbing fetish manga that relies entirely on the reader base never stopping to think about it. I enjoy brainless shounen, it's stupid, but it's honest. Kokou no Hito wasted my time.
>>
File: 1416952576222.jpg (23KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1416952576222.jpg
23KB, 398x500px
Agreed OP, nothing fills the hole Eyeshield 21 left behind.

Best game was vs Naga.

Based Yukimitsu
Based Jumonji
Ikkyu vs Monta
Motherfucking Kongo Agon

It was the best shit ever.

The match vs the dinosaurs and the christmas bowl are rad as well though. The match vs Ojou should have been hype but it was just ok.
>>
>>154994463
eyesheild was pretty shit
>>
>>154994803
America arc was one of my favs though anon-kun
>>
>>155000882
you mean it's THE shit
>>
>>155000882
Your taste is shit
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.