[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunter x Hunter is overrated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1450559057338.jpg (4MB, 2808x2840px) Image search: [Google]
1450559057338.jpg
4MB, 2808x2840px
I watched this until the end of the yorkshin arc and this is basically what I got:

>slowest pacing I ever saw
>almost no action(expecting to see action in a battle shounen is not a unrealistic expectation, so fuck you who says it's all about the story)
>the few fights are all about someone curb stomping a enemy way weaker than him
>too much infodumping dialogue
>gay innuendo everywhere

So, I basically failed to see what this series have that makes it the magnum opus of the battle shounen genre, even if it becomes a masterpiece later, there's no excuse for the series be this fucking boring in the 60ยบ episode mark. The feeling I have is that all the hiatuses are the reason that people don't get tired of the manga, unlike most of the other long-running series.
>>
I know this is bait because every fag who watches the 2011 series first calls it Yorknew.
>>
>>154956847
Fuck it, I'll hijack this thread to ask my questions:

How much filler does this show have? Is a 23-24 minute episode spend on 5 minutes of "PREVIOUSLY ON HxH" and another 5 minutes of "NEXT TIME on HxH"?

How rampant is power level shit? Does the series start with MC-kun getting his ass kicked by the town bullies and end with him being a god and throwing around galaxies?

This shit filled with cartoony villains? Too stupid to breathe good guys? Plot holes for Frodo?

I'm super weary of battle shounens but I keep hearing about HxH being excellent and such. I don't want to know if it's good or not since I can form my own damn opinion, I want to know if it's just another dumb battle shonen that's going to waste my time.
>>
>>154956847
>Hunter x Hunter is overrated
>overrated
What does this word mean
And why should anybody care you fucking sheep?
>>
>How much filler does this show have?
Not any I dont remember... Probably had a bit maybe.

>Is a 23-24 minute episode spend on 5 minutes of "PREVIOUSLY ON HxH" and another 5 minutes of "NEXT TIME on HxH"?
Not really, I think it did at a point.

>How rampant is power level shit? Does the series start with MC-kun getting his ass kicked by the town bullies and end with him being a god and throwing around galaxies?
No, He's actually the weakest probably.

>This shit filled with cartoony villains?
.....Kinda? Not really.
>Too stupid to breathe good guys?
Barely. One of them is enough to be a villain's villain himself

>Plot holes for Frodo?
I think the end of chimera ant gets a bit bullshit.
>>
>>154956847
>Overrated
>Over = More than usual
>Rated = Ratings by People
>People who dont matter to your experience
>Overrated : A word that has no meaning unless youre a biased prick who has no opinion of his own to judge something on its own merits but needs opinions of others.
>>
>>154957656
hxh is shit
>>
>>154957661
>>154957834
Not OP, and he's clearly baiting, but there's nothing wrong with starting a discussion/argument about something not being as good as most people say it is, since presumably a lot of those people are going to see your post and respond.
>>
was there a point to this fight?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwRyetjPcWo

>old guy's entire strategy consisted on blowing himself up since the beginning, nothing else
>could've blown himself up much earlier, if that's enough to kill the cell look-alike dude, and without all of that firework display
>the only "strategy" not-cell needs to win the fight itself is to hit the old dude
>>
>>154956847
Here's your (you) m'OP.
>>
I'm on the chimera arc now, why is this arc so shit? I liked the last two arcs but so far it's just been fucking ant politics, random backstories, and stronk people popping out of the ground. And when Killua said "Gon, you are light" that was the gayest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>154957656
This show has great pacing past the first arc and leading up to the penultimate arc. If you're familiar with YuYuHakusho, the author of that series authored this series as well, so do with that what you will.
>>
Three HxH threads in a single hour. And they're all either bait or worthless musings from some dimwit preteen.

Goddamnit.
>>
>>154959417
>old guy's entire strategy consisted on blowing himself up since the beginning, nothing else
>could've blown himself up much earlier
Yeah he totally shouldn't have tried winning by conventional means before fucking killing himself.
>the only "strategy" not-cell needs to win the fight itself is to hit the old dude
That's what usually happens when you are much more powerful than your opponent. Would you need a convoluted strategy to beat a dying old man in a fistfight?
>>
>>154956847

>almost no action(expecting to see action in a battle shounen is not a unrealistic expectation, so fuck you who says it's all about the story)
>the few fights are all about someone curb stomping a enemy way weaker than him
>realizes that the fights aren't the point of the series
go back to your Dragon Ball
>>
>>154957656
>>This shit filled with cartoony villains?
quite the opposite

you'll find yourself liking the villains more than the heroes at times
>>
>>154957656
This show has the opposite of everything you mentioned here.
>>
>>154959516
Drop it and kys. It's clearly not for you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.