[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Garden of Words

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

>45 mins

Can you name another thematically strong narrative presented in less than 45 minutes?
>>
Dareka no Manazashi from the same director is only 6 minutes and much better written.
>>
File: IMG_3150.jpg (59KB, 703x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3150.jpg
59KB, 703x363px
>>
Hotorobi
>>
>>154887981
Just watched it.

Wow, that was wonderful. Thank you for posting this, I wouldn't have found it anywhere else.
>>
>>154888360
>I wouldn't have found it anywhere else
It won a fucking Oscar.
>>
>>154888394
Well, I don't really pay that much attention to the Oscars. And for an Academy Award winner, it's really incredible how little its mentioned on anime boards.
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>154887733
More like thematically shit, just like most of Shinkai's works. The only saving grace was the ED song.
>>
>>154888545
What was the part you didn't get?
>>
>>154888545
I liked it for the cake teacher
>>
This bored me to death
>>
>>154887733
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
>>
>>154887733
Every episode of Mushishi
>>
>>154887733
I find all of this guy's stuff nauseating(well, haven't seen "Your Name" but I don't really plan to). I don't even know what it is exactly in most cases. It's like my being just instinctively rejects his stories.
>>
>>154888545
>The only saving grace was the ED song.
Which was a cover from a song from the '80s
>>
>>154888545
actually, the final song isn't that great, if you listen to it by itself. It's the whole thing that makes sense, images+indiced feelings+final climax+ending song put together make are suggestive. If you liked the Ed song maybe you didn't dislike the whole after all. Just like the ED song in 5 cms per second, I tried listening to it out of context, it's freaking terrible. And yet, used that way, it's so suggestive it hurts.
>>
>35 minutes of nicely understated writing rich in subtext
>overwrought full blown crying in the rain climax

SHINKAIIIIII
>>
>>154891624
You're an idiot
That song wasn't made for the movie. It's a J-Pop song from the '80s
>>
>>154891418
>Mushishi
boring shit
>>
>>154892061
You're an ass
I know those songs weren't made for the movies and I never stated so. My point is that they feel great in that context but they're actually very mediocre songs.
>>
>>154887733
The two eps adapting Kokoro in Aoi Bungaku.
>>
>>154887733
Any Kino no Tabi episode.
>>
>>154887733
>thematically strong narrative
nice buzzwords

It's basically Kimi no na wa except less good, like every other thing Shinkai did.
>>
>>154887733
Cowboy Bebop: Asteroid Blues
>>
>>154892088
>>154895098
People who say something is bad should be required to name something they think is better.
>>
>>154895278
I didn't say that it was bad, only that the post I replied to was written in a way that doesn't convey any meaning.

And I did offer something that is better.
>>
>>154887733
Animation is one of those things where the best of the best are short films, and yet you dare to ask for recommendations while citing Garden of Words as something with a "thematically strong narrative"?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.