[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Toei still fucking exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: derp.png (287KB, 751x300px) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
287KB, 751x300px
Why does Toei still fucking exist?
>>
File: doflamingo.jpg (39KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
doflamingo.jpg
39KB, 620x388px
>>
>>154871774
Because dragon ball z fans still exist.
>>
File: took5minutes.png (159KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
took5minutes.png
159KB, 500x280px
>>
>>154871774
una pieza
>>
>>154871774
Mexicans have shit taste.
>>
File: laeffy.jpg (10KB, 177x187px) Image search: [Google]
laeffy.jpg
10KB, 177x187px
>>
>>154871774
because they have a monopoly on all the top grossing properties of japan

there is literally nothing we can do
>>
>>154871806
precure makes way more money than dbz, retard
>>
>>154871898
What if we gave them lots of money so that they could pay people to do better work?
>>
File: nemmy.jpg (36KB, 478x440px) Image search: [Google]
nemmy.jpg
36KB, 478x440px
>>
>>154871934
they already pay above industry standard, I think
>>
File: wew.png (116KB, 356x390px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
116KB, 356x390px
>>154871952
>>
>>154871774
what they did to toriko should be punishable with jail
>>
Toei is the oldest and one of the biggest anime studios. The anime industry was pretty much built on them.
>>
>>154871774
why are you all suddenly realizing toei is trash
>>
I'm more so referring to superfags
>>
>>154871774
nostalgia and fanboying are powerful things
>>
The real question is why do successful manga still go to Toei for adaptions. Do they pay more for the rights or something? I honestly don't get it, why would you want this for your work?
>>
>>154872795
You don't have a clue how things get adapted and you won't learn how by asking here.
>>
>>154873033
I do have some clue. In terms of manga, generally animation studios approach the magazine with an offer for an adaption. The offer includes technical stuff like how many episodes you're planning and financial stuff like to pay for the rights, how sales revenue is split, etc.
But successful manga typically have multiple offers as studios scramble to get hold of this profitable property, so why accept the Toei proposal?
>>
>>154872795
gareenteed best time slots for normalfags, plus gareenteed to run for years = more sales, more popularity, more merchandise sold
>>
>>154872795
Toei had the rights to the DB tv adaptations so they rushed into the movies without Toriyama's consent.
Then after finding out about BoG through Torishima his old editor he decided to get involved in the project.
After that when FujiTV wanted to fill the slot left over by DBKai Toei rushed again into the process of creating the tv adaptation.
Only after Shueisha/Jump established a new division strictly for the Dragon Ball franchise did Toei actually start to step up their quality, roughly around episode 70 (2017 onwards) when Shueisha started to get credited as Production Coordinators for Super.
>>
>>154872795
mangakas are retarded sometimes who give their rigths to the first studio that has an offer.

just look at berserk, kingdom, toriko, dragon ball super etc. unwatchable garbage that has nothing to do with the manga.
>>
>>154871872
Man he looks like Luffy drawn by Luffy
>>
Because they're rolling in the dough
>>
>>154873259
Actually, it's the other way around. Publishers form a production committee that approach animation studios. Toei is probably the best studio if you want a long running series. But in order to keep their tv timeslots they have to keep producing stuff, making their staff overworked, falling behind schedule and eventually fucking up badly (e.g. DBS episode 5). DBS' production suffer from little pre-production (your average 12-episode anime has 6 months of pre-production, dbs had 1 and is a long running show) which completely fuck the anime, most of the ROF arc was outsourced and the beginning of the new arc as well.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.