[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best live-action, western adaptation of an anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: speed racer.jpg (25KB, 220x325px) Image search: [Google]
speed racer.jpg
25KB, 220x325px
Is this the best live-action, western adaptation of an anime TV show/film?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>154803051
The Wii game was pretty fun too. It was basically F-zero.
>>
When it came out I was in middle school and was a little into anime and I really wanted to see it but I never did.
Came out around the same time as Dragonball evolution. Which I also never watched, with good reason though.
>>
>>154803051
Yes
>>
File: 1486668935572.jpg (383KB, 1165x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1486668935572.jpg
383KB, 1165x1155px
>>154803417
>The closest thing the Wii got to a real F-Zero was a movie tie-in game for a then 40 year old series
Why do you even still have the licence Nintendo
>>
why did they make it hot wheels? what was wrong with the kind of cross country races from the anime?
>>
>>154803051
Yes. It was in every way Speed Racer. They nailed it perfectly. Shame the Wachaowskis weren't hired for the GITS movie
>>
>>154805906
>Wachaowskis
Not really. Their new stuff feels old and cliched; it's like they've found some kind of "formula" and they keep repeating it. Remember late 90s and early 00s music videos? People running and parkouring around town for no reason and things like that? Wachowski productions have aged just as badly. They're not timeless, they're just adding "whatever's cool right now" in their movies.
>>
>>154803051
Well, if you want to say that it's based on the American dub series that changed around something, then yeah. I have to admit that they capture the dub series very well.
>>
Does Edge of Tomorrow count?
The ending fell flat (happy? ending copout), but it was pretty good otherwise from what I remember
>>
>>154803051

probably the most underrated and heavily bashed movie I ever saw,

the last 20 minutes are a fucking masterpiece, and no one liked it.
>>
>>154806236
It needed to be a bit longer, it felt like they reached the final too easily.
>>
>>154806269
Yeah, I think a few bad scenes in the middle soured everybody on it, when it had some of the most exciting action scenes I've ever seen. I went back 5 times in IMAX, to mostly empty theaters. I haven't even watched it on a television. I just don't think it would be the same.
>>
>>154806930
What bad scenes? The middle is the fucking desert race. The only better part is Speed's Zen race bullshit at the end. I will allow that it's cheesy, but Speed Racer is fucking cheesy.
>>
Yes, and it's also the Wachowskis' masterpiece, as far as I'm concerned.
>>
Seeing the racing climax in Imax made me cum a little.
Edge of Tomorrow was fine, DB:Evolution was a clusterfuck, Aeon Flux was boring, GiTS isn't going to fare much better.
Speed Racer will probably be the best adaptation for a long while.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.