[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: banner_2052.jpg (72KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
banner_2052.jpg
72KB, 600x240px
What went wrong?
>>
Bad source material.
>>
>>154788775
Implying P4 is bad. It's just impossible to adapt a JRPG into an anime.
>>
Something about the animation or the art just made it unwatchable.
>>
>>154788616
Nothing. It was the best adaptation we got from the franchise. The P3 movies were terrible, Golden was also just cheap cash grab alongside the P5 OVA. Animation was complete shit but that's the only consistent thing about these adaptations/
>>
>>154788616
Marie.
>>
>>154789946
This. When it first aired, I thought it was subpar but after the rest of the Persona adaptations, this honestly came out looking the best. I can only hope P5's is as decent.
>>
>>154788988
But P4 is bad
>>
>>154788616
Most studios already struggle with adapting 30-40 hours VNs, of course adapting a 80hour RPG would be a fucking mess
>>
File: 1363928408205.jpg (79KB, 478x600px) Image search: [Google]
1363928408205.jpg
79KB, 478x600px
Hi
>>
Nothing, it was as good as I could have hoped for. The episodes where Yu is just going from S-link to S-link all day while Nanako tries to follow him made the whole thing worth it.
>>
No budget.
Poor visuals and story adaptation.
>>
>>154792958
This desu
>>
>>154788616
P4tA was actually a pretty decent adaptation as adaptations go. It covered the plot, expanded on the material we were given in the game, covered the character development, and had little extra notes for people who played the game. Probably the only "bad" parts were the last episode or two, since Yu suddenly going back on his "I'm okay with everyone drifting apart" development was stupid and the Izanami fight was rushed as fuck.

Golden was a fucking mess.
>>
>>154788616
You just cant adapt long games at their full potential.
They adapted the main elements and the main cast's interactions and honestly it was enjoyable.
>>
While we're at this topic, which SMT would be best for an adaptation in your opinion?
>>
>>154788775
This desu. What the fuck were people expecting? The story isn't very good and you just sort of spend time camping and going into the other town or some shit to kill time until the next boss arrives. It's a high school simulator.
>>
>>154788616
Nothing except for lackluster animation everything else is perfect.
>>
I think its because, like alot of of other adaptations from video games, it lacks the main thing that gets us to like video games, the fact that we are working on beating it in our own way, we direct the story and how its done. take that away, and it'll feel hallow.

That being said, I do think there is something added in the last episode where Yu is also shown to have a shadow of just wanting to be with his friends forever and not leaving them. That can hit close to home for alot of people
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.