[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lupin III

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

Do you guys like Lupin? I like Lupin.
>>
File: GoneWithTheWind.gif (916KB, 500x280px)
GoneWithTheWind.gif
916KB, 500x280px
no one likes Lupin?
>>
I'm finding it hard to get into season 1 after 6 eps. I'll keep watching it, and it's not like I'm hating it or anything. It's just that I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would

also I find it crazy that there's not a better option than horrible for season 2.
>>
Wheres a good place to start with Lupin
>>
>>154747452
Literally wherever. There's no continuum and also the style and tones change a lot form one series to the other, from one movie to the other.

Maybe try some of the movies and see if you like them.
>>
File: NeedNewJacket.gif (1015KB, 500x375px)
NeedNewJacket.gif
1015KB, 500x375px
>>154747211
It's usually agreed upon by most that the 2nd half of the 1st series is the best. Literally eps 11-23 are perfect. Those were around the time Miyazaki and Takahata took over the series and gave the characters more of a personality and put more effort into the stories. The 1st half does have some good eps like the jail one but just keep going, it gets much much better.
>>
File: ThisIsWhatYouNeedToWatch.jpg (211KB, 1250x649px) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsWhatYouNeedToWatch.jpg
211KB, 1250x649px
>>154747452
>>154747634
read this for the best experience, Or you can be more proper and just start from the beginning and watch everything in chronological order. Most casuals don't like doing that though.
>>
>>154748039
First half is so much better than the second it's not even funny. Osumi was god, Koike can only go so far.

>>154748102
Wow, the autism.
>>
>>154748440
>First half is so much better than the second it's not even funny.
yeah no. the 1st half is dull and the characters aren't even remotely fleshed out yet. Not to mention most of the episodes were pretty mediocre like the shitty racecar one, pycal, and the fortune teller cards one. I also remember a really boring one that takes place inside a cabin surrounded by snow and Lupin is after scrolls or something. The first half really is the absolute weakest and Osumi really didn't know what he was doing.
>>
I just got into lupin a few months ago and it's great. Although the is a shit tone of it. I haven't watch him vs Conan because I haven't watched detective Conan. There is so much I don't know how to start it.
>>
File: fujiko.webm (170KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fujiko.webm
170KB, 640x480px
>>154748039
oh I have absolutely no intention of dropping it. I've been a fan of Lupin since I saw the dub of series 2 back when I was younger, and I've set a goal of watching all 4 series as well as Fujiko

It just kind of made me want to put green jacket on hold for a bit and to watch some red jacket in the meantime.
>>
File: lupintimeline1.jpg (992KB, 600x5000px)
lupintimeline1.jpg
992KB, 600x5000px
>>154749651
From the beginning obviously.

You only really need to watch the first few episodes of Detective Conan to understand the plot. It's episodic with every episode having the characters solve a new murder case. That's basically it.

The crossover with Lupin was pretty damn good. At least the TV special was. the theatrical sequel crossover wasn't as good I feel but worth seeing if you want to watch everything.
>>
>>154749120
>I also remember a really boring one that takes place inside a cabin surrounded by snow and Lupin is after scrolls or something.
That's episode 10, Miyazaki's first episode.
>>
lupin III is one of the 3 best anime ever made

guess the other 2

pro tip, one is about fighting and the other is about mecha robots

pro pro tip, they've both more than 20 years
>>
File: HesTooCool.gif (2MB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
HesTooCool.gif
2MB, 350x270px
>>154751859
>pro tip, one is about fighting and the other is about mecha robots
no mech show would ever be in the top 3 of any best ever of anything. Get that out of your head now. Whether it be Gundam or evangellion. None are that good in all honesty.

You aren't wrong about Lupin though.
>>
>>154752082

it is impossible to deny that Gundam is not a great show and i think is the most iconic work about mecha.
>>
>>154752082
>no mech show would ever be in the top 3 of any best ever of anything.
Nice meme.
>>
>>154752379
>muh giant robot suits.
>>
>>154747211
>>154747452
You can just try watching some of the latest Blue Jacket series, it's likely easy to find on Nyaa

No one is going to sue you for watching little things out of order, especially if it helps you keep interest and see why you're trying to invest yourself into anyways. The characters are simple and universal enough to get them from almost any point in the series, it's just there are so many different takes on them with little bits of continuity here and there.
>>
File: RunningRunning.gif (1MB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
RunningRunning.gif
1MB, 500x363px
>>154752991
>You can just try watching some of the latest Blue Jacket series
no it's best to start with green jacket. If it doesn't hold your interest, then they shouldn't watch it at all until they gain some good taste.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.