[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SAO Ordinal Scale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 7

File: Sword Art Online Movie.jpg (85KB, 336x450px) Image search: [Google]
Sword Art Online Movie.jpg
85KB, 336x450px
Has /a/ seen it yet? Was it any good?
>>
If you're a fan of SAO in general you will enjoy it. It's not terrible as a standalone movie but it's basically fan service crack for light novel readers
>>
>>154715537
Meh.
>>
>>154715537
Pretty damn good, SAO at its best. Top notch visuals, animation, music and even the story was enjoyable.
>>
>>154715634
>music

It was Kajiura recycling Swordland.
>>
It was fine, I guess.

The focus on AR vs VR in the beginning was pretty good.
>>
>>154715833
That was just one track of 40ish. The strong point of the OST were the vocal songs anyway.
>>
>>154715537
Are there any badass fight scenes where Kirito is a gary stu? Love that shit.
>>
>>154715964
Yes, but he actually faces some struggles for a bit which was somewhat refreshing
>>
>>154715537
I personally liked it especially the final fight scene.
>>
>http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/swordartonline/images/7/74/Vol_19_-_029.png/revision/latest?cb=20170314020251

Kirito is now a jet fighter.
>>
File: 1459817106747.gif (181KB, 190x152px) Image search: [Google]
1459817106747.gif
181KB, 190x152px
>yfw Kirito puts his SAO gear on
>>
>>154715904
>40ish
>literally half of them are 1min long

Yeah good one.
>>
>>154716348
>>154716241
I heard he actually has to go to the 100th floor of Aincrad, is this true?
>>
>>154716404
Thats Star King Kirito to you peasant.
>>
>>154716436
Point still stands, she didnt reuse any other track.
>>
>>154716457
He skips 24 floors though .
>>
>>154716457
Yes. They also fight other Aincrad floor bosses that we haven't seen yet, but 99% of the movie doesn't occur in Aincrad.
>>
>theater full of Chinese who keep switching on their phones
>subtitles were a wall of text covering half the screen because we need triple language subs in this 3rd world multiculti clusterfuck
>HK-tier translations
>untranslated signs
>Asuna bath censored with zoom-in because haram
>Kirito and Asuna bed scene censored with zoom-in because haram
>Plot full of holes
>Pacing is fucked
>At least ten minutes of recycled TV animation
>Yuki Kajiura's ran out of music ideas and just recycled the same thing over and over
>Nowhere near enough of best girl Sinon
6.5/10 not bad
>>
>>154716457
Yes.

To end the shit that would basically kill every single goddamn SAO survivor, he had to full-dive into the server that was originally intended for SAO(Some ordinal shit, while SAO was running on cardinal) and kill the 100th floor boss there since the 100th floor boss' programming was pretty much the base for the program that was to fuck every SAO survivor.
>>
Are there English subs yet? Or are we going to have to wait until the DVD release.
>>
>>154716640
The Snake-Lord we are probably going to see soon in Progressive and it's largely based on what we know about the floor from Aria of a Starless Night.
>>
>>154716853
Oh that's very cool, I didn't make that connection. I'm excited to see some of the other Aincrad bosses from OS pop up in Progressive, since I'm assuming at this point Kawahara is always thinking ahead with some foresight.
>>
>>154716745
Is it the same boss from the end of Hollow Fragment?
>>
>>154717153
No, completely different. The only thing that's the same is the name of Floor 100.
>>
Why did Eiji help them fight the first boss if his goal was to have them get killed by the bosses?

Why did Eiji ambush that one guy and never ambush anyone else ever again?

Why were the streets completely devoid of road traffic and pedestrian traffic in the middle of Tokyo?

Why didn't the Japanese telecommunications authority issue a health alert and blanket ban?

Why didn't the cops bust the doors down?

Why didn't they just jam the drones and wireless internet signal?

Why didn't they just take off their augmas?
>>
>>154715537
Is this already ripped?
>>
>>154717556
1) His first goal was enticing more SAO players to the event, so he wanted some groups to clear the event and spread info about the good rewards

2) This was pretty stupid

3) I think we're supposed to assume that basically everyone is using an Augma, so they would have been able to see and stay away from the event

4) If the Japanese government did their job, SAO as an entire series would just not exist after Aincrad

5) This makes more sense if you read the novels but Kikuoka just really trusts Kirito

6) See 4

7) It made sense why they didn't at first, since it seemed like a game event, but you're right it doesn't make any sense when everyone is clearly scared shitless and trying to escape the room and don't think to remove the Augmas
>>
>>154717556
>Why did Eiji ambush that one guy and never ambush anyone else ever again?

He hates Klein and his guild because they got his waifu killed.
>>
>>154718204
I don't think they ever stated the exact circumstances how his waifu died did they?
>>
>>154718264
It wasn't in the movie but it's explained in the short story that was released with the movie (Hopeful Chant) that two Furinkazan are related to Yuna's death. I haven't read into the specifics but there's some summaries around--the full text hasn't been translated yet.
>>
>>154718556
Speaking of which you'd think at least one survivor would recognize the bard they passed by every day for two years.
>>
>>154717605
Some SEAfags cammed a few minutes of the final boss and Aniplex threw a shitfit.
>>
>>154719156
It's easy to miss the first time you watch it, but throughout the early half of the film they do actually hint at this--a few characters react as if they recognized Yuna's face from somewhere else. Off of the top of my head, during the fight where Asuna loses her memories, while she's standing on the side and talking to Eiji, she stares at Yuna while she's singing and says something about recognizing her from somewhere else.
>>
>>154718556
>>154718264
She sacrificed herself. Basically she has a special skill in the game called chant that gave her various abilities such as buffing party members, reducing the effects of debuffs, and more importantly kiting bosses. She formed a party with Klein's guild and they got in over their head and she used the last ability to draw the boss's attention at the expense of her own life to save Klein's Guild
>>
>>154719365
In both screenings I went to, a theatre employee came out before the movie started and gave a big speech on how recording the movie or trying to take any pictures will get you kicked out instantly. This is the theatre I always go to and they've never had this for any other movie.
>>
>>154719540
Malaysians are sad.
>>
File: failed_the_anime_community.jpg (359KB, 418x2411px) Image search: [Google]
failed_the_anime_community.jpg
359KB, 418x2411px
>>154719365
And the local distributor Odex talked like it wasn't their fault.

I don't know what Odex is smoking/drugging on that made them think Malaysia is as strict as Singapore.
>>
Have tomorrow off, playing at a theater about a mile away.

Why can't I be more of a weeb to not mind seeing it in public?
>>
>>154720029
What are you so worried about anon? Just go see it and enjoy yourself, it's a nice film to see in theaters--decent visuals and great sound design.
>>
>>154720029
Just go, nobody knows you or cares about you and the workers aren't going to remember your face.
>>
>>
>>154720029
Just buy 3 tickets and sit in the middle.

Or bring your parents along
>>
>>154716716
>triple language subs
WTF kind of country where there are three groups who don't speak each other's language?
>>
>>154720251
What's the plot of the AW vs. SAO?
>>
Ruined by Asuna.

4/10 story
9/10 on everything else. Very good art and very good action.
>>
>>154720285
Malaysia. Honestly I was glad there were non-English subs too because the English translations were atrocious.
>>
>>154720312
OS was basically Kawahara trying to make up for Asuna and Kirito not being central to an arc together since Aincrad
>>
>>154720285
Malaysia has three ethnic groups. Native Malay and Indians and Southern Chinese who were brought there as laborers by the British and in turn became the "Happy Merchants" of the new country. And Malaysians/ethnic Chinese have their own languages and don't really seem interested in learning the other's.
>>
>>154717153
The floor 100 boss in the movie is what it would be in the original unmodified retail version of the game.
>>
File: C6jQIDCVAAEKki5.jpg (205KB, 1200x849px) Image search: [Google]
C6jQIDCVAAEKki5.jpg
205KB, 1200x849px
>Yuna confirmed playable

Day 1 purchase
>>
>>154720367
Which is stupid. I guess Mothers Rosario in its entirety and a Yuuki corpse obviously wasn't enough.
>>
The middle part dragged for me since Asuna bores me to tears. I really feel like the premise called for much more use of Sugu and Sinon, the only two non-SAO players in the harem. Unfortunately whoever directed the movie decided they couldn't be bothered to make "shoot a gun" very interesting to watch unlike "wave a sword" so Sinon went way underused.
>>
>>154720446
Every character is there including the White King from AW.
>>
>>154720507
The fight with Sinon and Kirito together was the best fight in the film IMO, so we got that at least.
>>
>>154720507
> so Sinon went way underused
Glad I didn't actually pay for this then
>>
>>154720537
The part after was so cringy that it is the only thing i can remember from the movie. Sinon was just standing there stiff as a board while Kirito was going through the map.
>>
>>154720537
That boss was one of the best normal ones, up there with Samurai Lord. But best, non-final boss battle was Kirito vs Eiji in the parking lot imo.
>>
>>154720596
There's a great bit of fan service at the end where all of the cast gets their SAO avatars for the final fight, but for some reason they just threw in Sinon in her GGO avatar as well, which is the part that prompted immense cheers in my theatre.
>>
I like to imagine unaugmented people walking past while they are fighting bosses and just thinking the players look absurd jumping around and waving at thin air.
>>
>>154720657
What was that even about, if Eiji had just left Kirito alone he would have been in the stadium with no idea of the plan and they might have won. By deciding to 1v1 Kirito and explain the plot to him for no reason he caused it to fail.
>>
>>154720657
That's fair. I didn't like it so much as a standalone fight, but it was immensely satisfying to see Kirito fuck him up. Is there a plot explanation as to why Eiji fell/was injured at all after Kirito delivered the winning strike? None of the sword fighting should have actually been physical, right?
>>
>>154720815
Yeah it didn't make too much sense, but I think Kirito would have ran into the stadium and had the entire situation explained to him by Yuna anyways, so I feel like it's not too much of an issue. The 1v1 with Kirito was for the sake of extracting his SAO memories, since Eiji probably assumed that the stadium monsters wouldn't be enough to take Kirito.
>>
>>154720815
>>154720819
How did Eiji's hax powers work exactly? He's athletic, so he can pull moves in AR games that Kirito can't, and the Augma lets him pre-empt attacks and dodge. But that doesn't explain the wall-running Matrix BS when he fought Kirito in the parking lot.
>>
>>154721038
Did you not notice the exoskeleton that was revealed in the fight with Kirito?
>>
>>154720815
It was more of a personal thing to prove his worth if he could beat the strongest SAO player. And to accelerate the memory extraction, if Kirito HP reached 0 the program was going to kick in.

Also it was a nice parallel because both of them were fighting for their respective waifus.
>>
>>154721038
>>154721078
Yeah this. Eiji had a robotic exoskeleton made for him by Shigemura. Kirito only won the fight with him because he destroyed the main component to it attached at the back of Eiji's neck.
>>
>>154721078
I thought it was just an expansion pack for his Augma to give him better reaction times or extra data feeds or something. I didn't realize it was a full-on exoskeleton to enhance his RL physical abilities.
>>
>>154721190
Yeah, it straight up gave him near superhuman abilities. Other than the speed, strength, and general athletic buff, he could also do shit like jump off a high bridge and land safely (happens in the beginning of the movie when he protects the idol Yuna from the furry's stray bullet).
>>
>your dream is to sing in front of everyone while you knew you're stuck in a deathmatch MMORPG

What the fuck? Why is Yuna so terribly-written character?
>>
>>154721287
So if the exo makes Eiji near superhuman, how does Kirito keep up so well? Kirito himself noted that his crazy reaction times don't translate as well to the real world, but that seemed to stop being a problem towards the end of the movie.
>>
>>154721295
she wanted to make people happy since everyone, but Kirito and Asuna were depressed in Aincrad
>>
So to my understanding the idea behind including SAO bosses was trigger memories of SAO so they know what part of the brain to scan

But the clearing group was pretty small so only a handful would be familiar with the bosses let alone had near death experiences with them, also there should have been no point in including bosses from above floor 76
>>
>>154721435
I don't remember him saying that his reaction times didn't translate well to AR, he just didn't like the "lag" when he used his sword with his real body. Eiji probably could have just ran at Kirito and beat the shit out of him with his fists, but he chose to fight Kirito in an AR sword fight. As for the reason why he chose to do that, >>154721089 puts it well.
>>
>>154721536
For the players who didn't have first hand experience with the bosses, it was more about the knowledge and feeling that they were fighting SAO bosses. This is also one of the reasons why Eiji helped out with the boss fights in the beginning-- he wanted the players to spread knowledge about the event, so everyone going into it would know implicitly that they are fighting SAO bosses.
>>
But S3 when?
>>
>Civil SAO thread

Nice.

In b4 that "HURRR DURRR KIRITO GOT KIDNAPPED BY THE EVIL NSA" copy pasta faggot.
>>
>>154722414
There was a post credits event where the main villain of the movie gets hired by Rath
>>
>>154715537
Is it possible to watch it on streaming/download it yet?
>>
>>154723455
Which didn't make much sense to me since Rath is researching bottom up AI, but the professor's approach was to create a top down AI by microwaving people.
>>
>>154723511
>movie sells itself on its visuals
>streaming
>>
File: 1381201222600.jpg (8KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1381201222600.jpg
8KB, 184x184px
>want to go watch it
>dont want to look like a loser going to a theater alone

Watching Kizu alone was too depressing. People with their friends and gfs everywhere around me.
>>
>>154723845
holy shit nobody cares about you, nobody will know your name or remember your face

If it's such a huge problem drag your imouto along or something
>>
>>154722447
The pasta is an accurate description of late Alicization.
>>
>>154723845
Why would you bring your gf to kizu?
>>
>>154719447
Was she literally the only bard in SAO that we've ever met?
>>
>>154721174
>can 1v1 a powered exoskeleton IRL
>can't stop Johnny Black from murdering him with a syringe
>>
>>154723647
At this point, I am willing to make compromises.
>>
These shit never come to fucking Brazil, I thought we already proved to be weeaboo enough to deserve an anime premiere in the theaters other than nardo and saint seya
>>
>>154727124
Your currency sucks, no offense
>>
>>154726663
You're not missing much, honestly.
>>
>>154715537

I actually liked it, but the main problem was that there is the constant question of "Look, why don't you just TAKE OFF THE FUCKING HEADSET". Eiji also goes down disappointingly easily - he's not the main villain, but he's hyped a lot as a superhuman: His suit allows him to predict incoming blows and perform superjumps.

Kirito is no match for him, until they finally have a fight and suddenly Kirito is. Despite them fighting in real life, he just wins with no explanation than being 'really, really determined'.
>>
>>154720251
I don't remember this.
>>
>>154716457

Yes. The final battle is Kirito and his team versus the ultimate 100th floor boss. At first it doesn't go so well, then Yui brings in Leafa and the ENTIRE CAST.

Everyone suits up in their SAO outfits, and Kirito dual-wields one more time for the final battle.
>>
>>154717556

What I didn't like was that Eiji was actually no-one in SAO. I was sort of hoping he was an unstoppable badass who had a whole character arc and adventures, he just didn't show up to the final battle in time.

As it turns out, he's no-one. He didn't do anything in SAO other than hide.

I mean, I was really hoping Kirito would have to fight someone as good as him.
>>
>>154728294
I loved that part, even though it was pure fan wank
>>
can you watch this movie without watching the anime?
>>
I thought the Kajiura copypasta thing is a meme, but then I heard To The Beginning as part of the OST.
>>
>>154728743
You're now realizing that 'Swordland' is actually just a slight variation on ' 'Rule the Battlefield'.
>>
>>154725568
I think so. If there were more bards in Aincrad, why didn't the top clearing guilds clamor to recruit them? Or maybe they did, and all their bards/buffers/debuffers were conveniently off-screen during all the Aincrad stuff, akin to Endymion's space elevator.
>>
>>154728369
Well half the point of Eiji's character is his feelings of inadequacy compared to the clearing group.
>>
>>154728229
>"Look, why don't you just TAKE OFF THE FUCKING HEADSET"
Was only really an option in the final battle, during which nobody was really paying attention
>>
Eiji having to use a literal cheat engine to be any good at AR shit was fucking hilarious. Absolutely useless once Kirito ripped the thing off.
>>
>>154728229
Kirito had that whole training montage where he ran around the city at night beating up the bosses.

Still stupid, but it was something at least.
>>
The ending was a nice touch with the actuall SAO boss being the last boss.

But that's it
>>
>>154724983
>Omitting plot details and simplifying things to make it sound more ridiculous than it actually is for the purpose of attracting silly reactions and shitposting
>accurate
>>
>>154715537

I'm a little disappointed that Catch the Moment is never actually used as an insert song. It's hella catchy, though the lyrics really don't relate to the movie at all.
>>
>>154729859

I'll point out that Eiji takes down Klein and his buddies with relatively little effort. He beats the shit out of them without breaking a sweat - Kirito arguably shouldn't even have had a chance.

There's also something inherently ludicrous about the idea that these two guys are running around pretending to be wizards, while Eiji is doing the fucking Spiderman wall-jump to pounce on Kirito.

Just imagine how surreal this scene looks - You have two guys swinging at each other with invisible swords.
>>
>>154729859
Also he did previously 1v1 Asuna's rapist fiance IRL.
>>
>>154730778

To be fair, that guy was already fucked-up and not in really good shape. Kirito generally doesn't have a good track record when it comes to fights, he got his ass beat by the guy who had a crush on Sinon.
>>
>>154730823
>he got his ass beat by the guy who had a crush on Sinon.
Is this a LN thing cause in the anime I remember kirito showing up to sinon's house out of fucking no where and chasing the faggot off.
>>
>>154731101
He got pinned and stabbed, Sinon clocked the guy over the head with a stereo or something.
>>
>>154731852
Then she threatened him with a toy gun.
>>
>>154729100
SAO didn't even have a class system, so a bard would just have been any player who could make some music.
>>
>>154715537
The movie is really good. The animation is top notch, the fight scenes are visceral, and the story is simple enough for a new comer to follow.

Ending part kind of went full retard though. The movie failed to convince me why people couldn't just take off the augma if they were freaking out. Also seeing everyone show up to fight the final boss was cheesy as fuck and the action seemed a bit too fast and chaotic to follow, almost like they were running on time constraints or something.
>>
>>154723845
>Go to OS alone
>Everyone has bros or GFs with them
>Watch through movie with some other loner beside me
>Cheer and laugh just like everyone else
>Clap when the movie ends and leave just like everyone else

I don't know why you fags make such a big deal of going alone to the movie theatres.
>>
>>154733496
Speaking of the ending I still don't understand how all the brain damage was reversed. Yuna just said something that amounted to "you'll remember if you try real hard" and that was all?
>>
>>154723582
They were probably interested in his memory scanning, and possibly his robotics research. When you're doing experiments involving memory copying/editing, having one more person with experience in that isn't a bad thing.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.