[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am i on fucking crazy pills? why does everybody only think c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1433696449719.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1433696449719.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
am i on fucking crazy pills? why does everybody only think cicadas are only in japan?

there are cicada in the us too and my summers i always hear them

http://www.cicadamania.com/genera/usa.php?qs=MD&category=A&q=#speciesresults
>>
>>154636843

Living in maryland we are fucking plagued by those shits.
>>
>why does everybody only think cicadas are only in japan?

Do they? What gave you that idea?
>>
>>154636966
i like them, except when they land on me. huge and scary. hearing them is so comforting though.

i used to collect cicada shells as a kid too

>>154637034
that seems to be the general feeling i get
>>
>>154637103
>hearing them is so comforting though.
They can be obnoxiously loud if you're trying to sleep in the woods. It's ridiculous how loud those fuckers can be.

Not as annoying as June bugs though.
>>
>>154636843
I'm pretty sure the entire east coast got fucked by them during the summer, I live in Ohio and we had millions of them
>>
>>154636843
Nobody thinks that you fucking retard.
>>
We almost never get them in California, but I actually heard one today. I'm wondering if the unusually wet weather here and dry weather elsewhere fucked up their migration this year.
>>
Australian cicadas are the size of fucking birds. I spent my childhood catching Black Princes and Green Grocers.
>>
>>154637198
Hear them all the time in New York City during the summer. They're one of the more pleasant outdoor sounds here.
>>
>>154637191
gd i hate june bugs/stink bugs. they always seem to get in and it turns a room into a battleground.

also i was thinking another nice thing that maryland has, is cherry blossoms gifted from japan, which i've always enjoyed seeing. maryland is truly a weeb state.
>>
>>154637578
Stink Bug Genocide when?
>>
>>154637503
>I spent my childhood catching Black Princes and Green Grocers.
Is that a thing we do here? I've spent my whole life in eastern QLD and I've never heard of catching cicadas as a thing people do until I started watching anime.
>>
>>154637578
>also i was thinking another nice thing that maryland has, is cherry blossoms gifted from japan, which i've always enjoyed seeing.
Hope this freeze after the warmth didn't fuck them over though. It's a lot of fun going to some of those more back neighborhoods where the cherry blossoms are.
>>
I live in the deep south, I love cicadas. It's one of the iconic sounds of summer.
They usually start singing around late May/early June and sing until about mid September.
>>
>>154636843
Who the fuck thinks that? We have them out here in Burgerland.
>>
>>154636843
Why the hell do you assume that? Pretty sure nobody thinks that.
>>
>>154637520
Hey man, what the fuck you tryin to say guy? My uncle Mirza is just mindin his own business playing his records and shouting at his wife after he gets off work at 3am, you got a fucking problem with that? Don't make me get my piece, I shot two people and a cat in a bodega today, can you hear that, NiGGa?

Come to think of it, you don't hear a lot of that in anime.
>>
>>154637688
oh god i thought i read "those more black neighborhoods" and i was praying for you
>>
>>154636843

あ~
せっかくの夏だね
>>
>>154637942
we need more anime set in brooklyn

>>154637969
some 350 pound /a/ whale going to black neighborhoods to walk under cherry blossoms is a great mental picture
>>
>>154637969
Nah the black people don't get to live near the cherry blossoms.
>>
>>154638126
With the way they litter, they don't even get to have trees.
>>
Reminder that the eastern scissor grinder has the best song and if you don't hear it your cicadas are second rate.
>>
File: KatydidBushFProfile01.jpg (34KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
KatydidBushFProfile01.jpg
34KB, 500x316px
katydids are pretty comfy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjM9tZE_bDg
>>
>>154636966
MDfag here, they're not always out in the summer, but in the chance they are out, yeah they're annoying as shit
>>
>>154637305
I did
>>
>>154636843
NCfag here, they're fucking everywhere man.
>>
/a/ doesn't give a shit about Murrica or Murrican anime.
>>
>>154636966
Same. Fuck cicadas.
>>
File: Cyclochila_australasiae.jpg (14KB, 220x393px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclochila_australasiae.jpg
14KB, 220x393px
come to australia we have best cicada call him greengrocer
>>
>visit philly
>see cicada hunters
I nearly shit myself. I was in a fairly large panic until someone told me they don't bother with humans.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.