[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

End of Eva Deleted Live Action Scene

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: evalive.png (398KB, 1086x678px) Image search: [Google]
evalive.png
398KB, 1086x678px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwBs3VsNfdY

This should have made the final cut.

Add it to your next viewing of EoE, starting sometime during the Instrumentality scene where other live action shots are shown and Bach's "Jesu" plays. End the clip right before Shinji asks Rei "Then, where is my dream?" and Giant Naked Rei's throat gets cut. I think it fits perfectly and complements the second half of EoE.

I know the acting is not A-list. But there's something endearing about the amateurism, especially considering they are their character's voice actors. The message is simple, yet the pure humanity of it hits hard.

And you get to hear Anno himself finally deliver a line.
>>
Too much of a direction shift both visually and for the material itself.

Besides it's too easily interpreted as Anno's creepy love letter to Miyamura Yuuko.
>>
>>154466926

Flowed well when I watched it during the middle of 26' last night. It's like the EoE equivalent of the slice of life scene in episode 26.
>>
>>154466354
Mmmm, I don't know, it doesn't seem to have the same visual polish as the rest of the film.
>>
>>154467985

Well it was a deleted scene so it presumably didn't receive the proper polishing that the other EoE live shots have. And the resolution on that upload is really poor.
>>
evafags wwa
>>
I was always more fond of what was supposed to make it in the final version rather then the final version itself. It was planned and implied that Shinji, after seeing this scene, the "dream", accepts the real world, yet his reasons to do so are quite different. He's rejected by Asuka, but as he says in drafts, he knows he'll never find happiness and there's probably nothing good in this real world that brought him nothing but pain, yet he's convinced that it's important to live there. It becomes even more clear when you compare it to EoTV, where Shinji decides to live with others after seeing similar alternate reality where the EVA doesn't exist. Here he himself doesn't exist. What I can't understand is the reason of his decision in drafts. So, he sees that scene, he decides that it's important to live in real world, even if there's nothing good in it, a pretty powerful act I would say, Shinji truly grows up, but why? What's the message of this scene? Am I missing something. Also I should mention that the ending in drafts is different, with Shinji remaining alone on the beach and understanding no one will ever come, yet still deciding to go on living.
>>
>>154468633

>What's the message of this scene?
>Shinji remaining alone on the beach and understanding no one will ever come

The entire message is made futile if they just ended the movie with Shinji alone in a hopeless wasteland. That would be worse than him accepting to stay in Instrumentality. There has to be an implication that everyone else can come back from the LCL sea if they will themselves back to an individual identity.
>>
Give me the ending with Shinji and a severed hand
>>
>>154469163
No, you see, what was planned had a different, more depressing, yet strong message, that even if life is painful and you feel lonely, it's still important to live, no matter what, no matter how depressed you are. EoE's message is about how people need each other, no matter how painful their relationships with each other are, because there's still love and hope that one day people will understand and that's what makes life worth it. Now what I asked was what message does that scene send?
>>
>>154469397

My bad, I thought you were referring to the scene you described, not the live action one in the OP.

The message of the OP scene is (IMO), primarily to show a world without Shinji where both Misato and Asuka lead unfulfilled lives. Which convinces Shinji that his existence matters.

It brings the show's many parallels between Misato and Asuka full circle by showing Asuka acting exactly as Misato used to, and an implicitly jealous Misato now observing someone like her old self from her current position as a lonely aging woman.

It also does a simple dissection of common modern relationships with Asuka complaining to Hayashibara's character, who might be either Rei or Yui here.

Before this, Shinji wishes he had never existed. Seeing the emptiness left in the lives of his loved ones by his nonexistence, he is convinced that life is still worth living.
>>
>>154469844
That's an interesting interpretation, I thought of something similar, thank you
>>
>>154469294

That would have just been bleak as shit for no real reason.

No idea why they ever considered making Shinji come back to a totally dead world, because that message can't be applied to the viewers' reality.

Of course, that's not even close to the craziest shit that was spitballed for the EoE rough drafts...

like werewolf Asuka
>>
>>154470502
wait i need source for that please
>>
File: Yamashita_megami-shourai.jpg (179KB, 800x568px) Image search: [Google]
Yamashita_megami-shourai.jpg
179KB, 800x568px
>>154470834

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Sore_o_Nasumono

Also check out this image from the link: white-haired women in Eva armor kinda like Unit-01 at the end of EoE

I think this picture implies at one point they considered having the Evas literally morph into the shape of their pilot's moms
>>
>>154472421

lasto
>>
File: 01_C022_big.jpg (97KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
01_C022_big.jpg
97KB, 640x480px
Rei is confirmed for having some sort of omnipresence, right?
>>
>>154473982

That's in the realm of Evageeks wankery: something about Rei getting God powers during instrumentality, or a timeloop or eternal recurrence or something

I don't think there's any deeper meaning to Rei's ghostly appearance to Shinji at the beginning and end other than signifying the start and conclusion of his "adventure"
>>
>>154474198
Doesn't she appear behind Misato right before she dies too, though?

I'm pretty sure there's some non-symbolic significance to ghost Rei.
>>
>>154474198
This section specifically I believe.
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Rei's_Ghostly_Appearances_and_Quantum_Mechanics
I always thought her being in the first episode was a foreshadowing towards the end of mankind. i.e. third impact
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.