[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sword Art Online the Movie: Ordinal Scale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 01_cs1w1_400x.jpg (55KB, 400x566px) Image search: [Google]
01_cs1w1_400x.jpg
55KB, 400x566px
Any US anon see it on Thursday? What does /a/ think?
>>
I was shocked that the antagonist's motive wasn't to rape someone.

It was enjoyable
>>
File: sinon wallpaper.jpg (1024KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
sinon wallpaper.jpg
1024KB, 2560x1600px
>>154440769
I'll go ahead with the good things.

Fight scenes were fuckin' on point, specifically the final one. The danger that the characters faced was pretty well developed and thought out, and the reasoning of the antagonists was solid. All of Kirito's party is useful for once. Asuna and Kirito emotional moments are really well done. Also, because I'm biased, getting more Sinon before she disappears for like 3 seasons was a very welcome experience.

Now for the parts that aren't so great.

The major threat at the end really depends on the regular people being idiots. There was a 10 minute long cringe fest at the beginning where LiSA, Tomatsu Haruka, and Matsuoka Yoshitsugu tried to get everyone all pumped up for the movie. The plot does a nice job of not breaking the feel of 'AR' when fighting AR monsters , but it makes less sense when two real people fight with AR swords. Despite every character making fun of Kirito for being out of shape and bad at AR, he magically gets into shape in about 3 hours and is pretty much on par with his virtual self.

All in all, it's fun and enjoyable to watch, but it's just like any regular anime with things you'll have to forgive and forget about.
>>
>>154440769

Where I live they're screening this from March 9-12
>>
>>154441151
not true eiji and the professor wanted to rape people's minds for their memories of Yuna.
>>
I found myself looking down on my phone because of how predictable some of these conversations here, people were explaining what was going on, and it was all just way too much exposition.

Also, the characters are fucking insane. I've never watched SAO, but who the fuck makes a fairy call you mommy and daddy. That's really fucking weird, and that woman literally lost all her memory of you, but she's happy that you're putting your face in between her breasts? And people just randomly shout each other's names in the first scene in the house in VR. These characters make zero fucking sense.
>>
>>154443166
>but who the fuck makes a fairy call you mommy and daddy.
>I've never watched SAO

Your loss. You just do not barge in the SAO-OS screening without watching seasons 1 and 2.
>>
>>154443166
Welcome to SAO.
>>
>>154440769
Just watched it today, Art and sound design is 10/10, story and character design was a standard 6/10 for SAO but the last battle was hype as fuck so its forgiven desu, I just wish they gave nautilus a reason to want revenge on the other players.
>>
I like how every boss battle takes place at night to save animation budget, and for how popular this game is, only like 20 people show up max for every fight. Then that one there's 30 people it's with 10 years old CGI technology.

>>154443369
The music during boss battles could've been better, it sort of blended into the background.
>>
File: 005.jpg (813KB, 1681x1200px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
813KB, 1681x1200px
Manga finally finished adapting the 90 page long prologue, only took 6 months
>>
So how did they explain jumping irl like in game?
>>
>>154443648
I'm pretty sure what is shown in the VR is different to what is happening IRL, so without the machine on you everyone just looks like a bunch of autists jumping up and down.
>>
>>154443369
He blames them for getting his waifu killed.
>>
Saw it today. Was actually a lot better than I thought it would be. Pretty excited for season 3.
>>
>>154443745
But that makes no sense, he was the person who refused to fight to get her out of Aincrad so if anything he got her killed, everybody else was trying to save her indirectly really.
He felt like kylo ren as his motivations were luke warm at best.
>>
>>154443945
She died because she went on the frontlines with Klein and his guild. Had nothing to do with Eiji and his cowardice.
>>
>>154443981
Wait really? was that in the movie or just the novel? well still though if Eiji wasn't a coward he coulda protected her on the front line.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.