[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

How do you like your isekai, /a/? Trashy skill-stealer wish-fulfillment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 515
Thread images: 88

How do you like your isekai, /a/?
Trashy skill-stealer wish-fulfillment shit?
Or how about where superior modern japanese work ethic folded 1000 times absolutely blows [other world]'s backwards caveman culture out of the water?
How about when a no-good NEET gets transported to a world suspiciously like a video game?
>>
>>154429063
Their life is still suffering, but the more acute forms of adversity cause them to rise to the challenge instead of wallowing around
>>
Funny thing, she's the one who never has children of his wives.
>>
>How do you like your isekai
Rayearth or muvluv tier. The main character being from the real earth is not used as a device to fulfill the power and sex fantasies of neets and hikis but as a justification for exposition and using an outsiders perspective.

Of course not being drivel meant solely to keep otaku from killing themselves for one more day automatically excludes both of those two from being labeled isekai.
>>
The female protagonist kind
>>
>>154429494
>Of course not being drivel meant solely to keep otaku from killing themselves for one more day automatically excludes both of those two from being labeled isekai.
agreed with your post up until here, just because most modern isekai garbage is like that doesn't mean 'stranger in a strange land' stuff isn't still isekai
>>
>>154429063
If it's going to be your stupid OVERPOWERED MOTHERFUCKER RULING THE WORLD, at least do it like Overlord.

Overworld is your typical self-insert shit, but at least it has some politics and world building. Every Isekai so far is build your harem simulator.
>>
>>154429063
That's Mi-chan right? Damn she turn in a the dumpir now ha?
>>
>>154430263
Fair enough.
>>
>>154429063
Superior american ingenuity and technical prowess destroying primitive european medieval superstition.
>>
File: 6.jpg (112KB, 721x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
6.jpg
112KB, 721x1024px
The MC should have an actual life before the story.
>>
File: connecticut-yankee.jpg (15KB, 211x271px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
connecticut-yankee.jpg
15KB, 211x271px
>>154430704
Mark Twain wants his PLO back.
>>
>>154430324

Overlord demonstrated that, if you are going to make MC overpowered then go overboard with it. The most exciting fiction is at either end of the spectrum, an extremely powerful MC that is a walking god or an extremely weak MC who can't do anything and keeps getting beat down.

Anything in between just isn't as exciting.
>>
>>154429063
Kuro no Maou strikes a good balance.

MC isn't too overpowered and the Antagonists can just be as hax as MC.

Everyone struggles, both the good guys and the bad guys in Kuro no Maou.

Also, war is hell in Kuro no Maou just like in real life.
>>
I quite like Risou no himo seikatsu. Granted there is definitely some wish fulfilment in getting a hot wife and becoming royalty, but it also address the burdens that come with that without him just blasting through that with force or superior Japanese knowledge.

I don't think it's literary perfection, but I enjoy it.
>>
>>154431066
Author babies MC by saying oral disease doesn't exist in the fantasy world so MC can continue eating his sweets everyday without any worry.

That sure is convienneit.

Don't get me started on that universal immunity where MC just needs to get infected once by this disease and if he manages to beat off the infection, then it grants him universal immunity to all that world's diseases for the rest of his life.

The author did this so MC doesn't even need to bring Earth medical knowledge to the other world.
>>
>>154430324
>Overworld is your typical self-insert shit

Not really, insofar as it's fantasy and you are surrounded with girls.

In most video games I end up an alpha Chad MC, not a cautious and meticulous autist like Ainz is. Most isekai follow that pattern (Kirito, Onii-sama, Rou, Sora, Kazuma, Shiroe).

The more interesting isekai break that model (Kumo-chan, Ainz, Tanya).
>>
>>154431680
Well technically every isekai is self-insert. Who wouldn't want to become their mmo avatar? Ainz only has a "harem" of two girls whom I find both insufferable except Albedo on some occasions.
>>
>>154431680
>Kazuma
>alpha Chad
that's all an act, he's cautious, sneaky, and underhanded

>>154431767
not all isekai is mmo trash
>>
>>154429208
>Their life is still suffering, but the more acute forms of adversity cause them to rise to the challenge instead of wallowing around

That's fairly accurate, it's easier to battle bandits and demons than it is to fight of the nebulous challenges of the real world.
>>
>>154431804
Didn't mean to imply all isekais were mmo-trash. It's just every single one of them is self-insert garbage. None of them have an MC who explores the world by getting stronger, instead it's an mc who gets reborn/transported to a new world with some skill or power that shocks and awes everyone around him.

Doesn't help like 75% of these mcs also had a troubled life in the real world. 100% of them contain "ahh I have no one waiting for me back home".
>>
>>154431767
>Well technically every isekai is self-insert.
Technically most anime are self-insert.
>>
>>154429063
I actually just read a bunch of Re:Monster, Jesus Christ its awful. How do people tolerate it?
>>
>>154431911
I don't think you understand what isekai actually is or the audience it panders to.
>>
>>154432036
>what isekai actually is
marche.jpg
>>
>>154432013
nah it's good
it slows down but seeing the evolution and sexing qt humans and shit as a goblin is cool
not as good as goblin slayer tho
>>
>>154431911

The reborn/transported thing is a superficial detail. It's a seasoned gamer, playing a video game. 99% of isekai fall into that paradigm, including Overlord.

Kumo desu ga fits your

>None of them have an MC who explores the world by getting stronger

The MC is a cute schoolgirl reborn as a spider abomination. She doesn't really have any advantages from her old life beyond being creative.

Youjo Senki isn't even an MMO, the magic shit is used as a proxy for anachronistic technology.
>>
>>154431911
I'll grant you that that's what's taken over the genre but if some mangaka wrote something more like alice in wonderland or wizard of oz it'd still be classified as isekai

>>154432036
modern isekai isn't the be-all and end-all of isekai
>>
>>154431320
To be honest, I was kinda pissed when I read the later novels and the whole premise turns to "MC sits around and jacks off all day". Like, what's the point of it being isekai if the MC is virtually the same as before?
>>
>>154429063
I like the ones that feature a cute girl doing cute things. Territory management and feudal politics are also good.
It's OK when the MC "invents" modern-age concepts but only when they make sense within the setting. It's unbearable when a world traveller sticks rigidly to modern weaponry, governance, morality, etc.
>>
File: FFTAchara.jpg (340KB, 622x513px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FFTAchara.jpg
340KB, 622x513px
When the MC actually wants to go home
>>
>>154429063
Does this count as isekai?
>>
>>154429063
I prefer /tg/. They did a story a while back.
>>
>>154432146
It would be more enjoyable if something ever happened that challenged the MC, the only thing that was even seen as a challenge was the Demi-God Red Bear or whatever. Its boring Anon, he just goes from place to place getting stronger and smarter without any difficulty whatsoever.

Power level wise literally nothing can stand up to him now so the only way to add any risk to his actions is the possible deaths of his companions and loss of progress in his tribe but they're all becoming extremely powerful as well.

Nothing bad ever happens to him or his friends and unless the outside enemies get a significant boost in power nothing ever will.
>>
>>154432255
I remember reading the story and hoping his PC starts overheating because I want the MC to finally struggle since he has a laptop yet he didn't even bother to bring any PC cleaning tools and laptops have a shorter lifespan than a desktop if you never bother to clean it.
>>
>>154432185
>It's a seasoned gamer, playing a video game.
no it's stranger in a strange land, if the modern videogame fad ends we might see a wider variety of isekai again
>>
>>154429063
>Re:Monster
>raping women is evil!
>So I'll drug them and imprison them until they submit and build a soundproof and inescapable rape cave :^)
>>
>>154429063
I like my isekai not fucking awful. No type is bad as long as it's competently written. Competently written isekai is currently extremely rare.

Re:Monster is trash.
>>
File: BooBoo_v02_232-233.png (977KB, 2048x1463px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BooBoo_v02_232-233.png
977KB, 2048x1463px
>>154429063
One where humans can travel back and forth from the isekai world and the geopolitical issues that arise because of it plus a bit of the isekai denizens hacking into the "normal" world.
>>
What's the most "Intelligently written" isekai you can think of?
>>
File: cried like a bitch.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cried like a bitch.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>154432772
Not that guy, but Doraemon Adventure movies are pretty fun and tearjerker lesson learning.
That one time where the brave kid Nobita traveled with actually his own Dad.

Oh fuck man.
>>
>>154432499
Not necessarily. Look at Magic Knight Rayearth. It's clearly not a modern isekai yet there clearly is the infusion of jrpg elements especially with the first 20 episodes. Or even Digimon Adventure/Monster Rancher, which are both video game influenced by way of adaptation.

The Japanese understanding of isekai seem inseparable from the story and narrative as an alterative means of gameplay
>>
>>154429063
Re:Monster is one of the worst isekais I've read. Every chapter past the first one feels the same shit, the MC is a fucking bland Gary Stu and the majority of the characters are just as unlikeable as him. I don't know why I keep reading this shit.
>>
>>154429063

>How about when a no-good NEET gets transported to a world suspiciously like a video game?

Ding ding ding.

Just avoid giving him special snowflake unique power.

Tat's why I like Kazutrash.
>>
>>154432499
>it's stranger in a strange land

Except no. Almost all iisekai are founded on the idea that the reincarnator finds the new world "similar to a game", usually DragonQuest. They're already familiar with how it works which is why they can roll with it.

That's what made Re:Zero unique at first. Subaru assumes that because it's similar to an RPG, he should cruise through it. He's rudely awakened.
>>
>>154429063

The second when done right.
>>
>primary antagonist is hidden in the background
>uses mysterious 'fate magic' to create a good end for himself
>if he summons the hero, the condition he wants will be cleared
-end prologue-
>hero MC born to random family and grows up normally
>no interaction with the big bad at all for most of the story
>just by living his life he's actually creating a butterfly effect
>learns magic, goes to school, travels around the world
>cool characters, intense action, comedy, world building, lore
>gradually becomes aware that something isn't right
>seeks help from mysterious enlightened Lawful Good mage
>more character building, plot development, cool action
>MC built up into the world changer he was always going to be
>turns the tide on the antagonist and secures the Good End

basically, the plot concerns the fate of the world
but the MC is just a normal ass unsuspecting dude
not a chosen one or a hero or a crazy cheat power
leading an interesting but ultimately normal life
he's just the right guy in the right place and time
with a feeling of barely making it somehow or other
>>
>>154432419
Stranded in Fantasy was some good shit, even when I only had a cursory knowledge of D&D.
>>
>>154430324
>>154430869
>>154431680
Overlord is not very unique with it's worldbuilding. It's just the typical fantasy where even parts of the game became real (Nazarick) because of MAGIC. Plus, Overlord had severe tonal issues with the perspective being switched to unfavorable views and Ainz's perspective of "oh, I'm shy!" not fitting in with the rest of the perspective and tone with the series.
>>
File: maou.png (179KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maou.png
179KB, 640x360px
>>154429063
>How do you like your isekai, /a/?
I like when the MC starts strong, but loses all his powers when transported to a new world and has to work or train again to acquire his skills back. It's a common trope, but not so much with isekai for some reason.
>>
>>154430720
What's this from. Image search ain't helping.
>>
>>154429063
how do i like my isekai?

nonexistant
>>
>>154429063
How about one where the MC actually grows as a person?
>>
File: NSWoB0R.png (1MB, 900x1280px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
NSWoB0R.png
1MB, 900x1280px
There has been a painful hole in my heart ever since Mushoku Tensei was finished.

I must have re-read every single chapter 10 times by now.

Nothing else can even come close.

I've been barely surviving off of Overlord and Mother of Learning but it's just not enough...

I'm tempted to get into western young adult fantasy novels.

Just to have SOMETHING decently written with cool monsters and magic.
>>
>>154433274
shoujo isekai sometimes veer away from that like 12 Kingdoms or From Far Away.
>>
>>154432772
Dungeon Defense is pretty good, although the MC has a bad habit of spending too much time on things that are obvious and easy to understand, but not enough on things that he really should be paying more attention to.

Like how it takes him until the end of volume 4 to realize that Paimon isn't a chronic backstabber, even though he should know from playing the game in the prologue that she wants coexistence between humans and demons.
>>
File: Rape face.jpg (355KB, 483x842px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Rape face.jpg
355KB, 483x842px
>>154431911
>>154431767
>>154431680
Ouroboros Record had it's MC have rather moderate capabilities with magic. But he becomes a superpower by attempting to test the limits of alchemy through nefarious, yet legal means. Far from the usual self-insert mc. He has a goal and cares very little for morals yet manages to do his work regardless of sacrifice.
>>
>See a manga where the MC won the lottery and got 4 billion yen
>Start reading it without reading the rest of the summary since it seemed interesting enough
>It turns into a fucking Isekai when he goes to an old family house that no one has used in decades since he gets tired of strangers trying to get him to give them money and the house ends up having a portal to another world in one of the rooms
>It's about him just spending the money to buy modern goods and helping develop the middle ages-tier village and everyone starts praising him like a god

Jesus fucking christ
>>
File: RE.jpg (215KB, 477x700px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
RE.jpg
215KB, 477x700px
Re:Monster is the most underrated series I'v ever seen, the mc is a great example of a non pussy mc that does what he wants.
Moral fags and fake elitists trying to bring down a fun series with their shallow hate.
>>
File: kanata kara.jpg (66KB, 324x440px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kanata kara.jpg
66KB, 324x440px
What are your thoughts on this manga?
>>
>>154432772
>>154433667
Oh, I almost forgot, in the first volume the MC gets the ability to always know how much a person likes or dislikes him, but the author drops it as a plot point entirely about halfway through volume 2. Same for the plot point that Beatrice is being controlled by the Count.

Both of which grated on me a bit.

But the characters are unique and have personality types that aren't commonly used in LNs, most of the major players and a few of the minor players actually plan things out intelligently and use political maneuvering to further their goals, and Humbaba is adorable.

Definitely worth a read, even if the author clearly isn't as intelligent as the MC is supposed to be.
>>
>>154433590
I actually have to agree Mushoku Tensei wasn't completely unique since Rudi eventually ends up being another OP as fuck MC but the world building was just amazing. It made it really easy to get immersed in it.

I also have a soft spot for stories that have to go from the MC as a baby to a full grown adult with a family. Most reincarnation isekai just show them as a baby, like a chapter or two as a kid and then he's a teenager for the rest of the story. Mushoku Tensei spends a good deal in each portion of Rudi's life before time skipping.
>>
File: (You).webm (603KB, 854x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
(You).webm
603KB, 854x480px
>>154433763
Primo bait my friend.

>>154433760
Still better than the LN where the MC gets several trillion yen and the ability to conjure things out of thin air by spending that money, and he routinely wastes tremendous amounts of it by paying 100x normal price for bags of potato chips and fast food instead of eating normal meals.
>>
>>154433375
Is that Rickroll Golem still active?
>>
>>154433274
>Almost all iisekai are founded on the idea that the reincarnator finds the new world "similar to a game

That's modern Isekai. Isekai itself just means "Another World" and video games have nothing to do with it. A lot of authors just use video game mechanics and features as a writing crutch because that makes up the bulk of their experience with fantasy settings and it's easier for the audience to relate to it.
>>
>>154433501
Wasn't that literally re:monster?
>>
File: 8.jpg (77KB, 721x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8.jpg
77KB, 721x1024px
>>154433519
It's from a manga called Nirvana.

After the MC's mother died, she got angry and started destroying all the letters of gratitude that her mother had received, which kind of caught the apartment on fire. She got out fine though(what sends her to another world is a plane crash that happens 3 years after this).
>>
>>154432900
there's also stuff like those who hunt elves or grimgar so it's not totally inseparable

>>154433274
>reincarnator
you're not getting it reincarnation is not a fundamental part of isekai that's just the take most modern writers go with, teleportation used to be a more common way
>>
>>154433933
> Worldbuilding was amazing
> Pretty much every title had the word, God in it.
Haven't read MT in awhile but that was pretty unimpressive.
>>
>>154434063
Kind of. It's hampered by the fact that the MC never really "Worked hard" to get his abilities back. He in fact literally retained his OP ability from his old world in that he could eat anything and gain the powers of the things he eats from doing it. Every single chapter is basically him gaining like 5+ new abilities by shoving everything he finds into his mouth.
>>
>>154434063
>Re: Monster
>Hard work or training

The only time the MC was ever in actual danger or had to put forth effort into something was the fight against the red bear.

All the other times were just him stomping something into the ground with no effort, then getting a bunch of overpowered bullshit skills as his reward for being the author's self-insert.
>>
>>154434184
But re:monster got the lose all his powers and has to acquire skills again. Aren't you just a bit nitpicky about that?

Like he actually do kinda need to do something to gain a new skill.
>>
>>154434145
Important figures having the title Human God, Dragon God etc doesn't mean the world building was bad. It just meant the author has bad/lazy naming sense.

He was much better at developing countries and races then you see from most modern Isekai series.
>>
>>154433274
>That's what made Re:Zero unique at first
>this is what subarufags actually believe
try reading/watching isekai before 2010
dragonar/12kingdoms/maze
gameworld isekai started with .hack/digimon but only became popular with SAO and SAOclones
>>
>>154433933
I dunno, from the start he gets beat up by his normal ass countryside hick dad and it sets the tone pretty strongly. He never even considers the possibility of being one of the world's strongest and gets a reputation for running away from fights. I actually really loved the way it was handled. He's capable enough to make good action but also weak enough that there's tension and uncertainty.

The series paints him as more of an average guy who got kind of strong through incremental improvement and a little bit of luck. Rather than a battle maniac with cheat powers or something like that.
>>
>>154434084
Thanks. Didn't know this was Nirvana; too bad it got an official release, so the fan translators dropped it.
>>
>>154429063
I prefer ones like Jashin Average where being the main character is suffering, but it doesn't get edgy.
>>
>>154434063
Faggot never lost his "eating skill" so no, that shit is way too OP.
>>
>>154434283
Not him but it isn't nitpicky at all. Eating isn't hard work and that's the main way the MC gets all of his powers and the story is genuinely just about him cruising through life with no issues at all because no one is as strong as him.

Not to mention for some reason 80% of the girls in the series want his dick.
>>
File: 145033369[1].jpg (407KB, 500x711px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
145033369[1].jpg
407KB, 500x711px
>>154434384
My nigga.
>>
>>154431680
what about Dog Days?
>>
File: Arifureta.jpg (45KB, 509x359px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Arifureta.jpg
45KB, 509x359px
Arifureta

It actually has almost everything what you can dislike about Isekai (Harem, overpowered MC, world is build up like a videogame)
but man, I like that serious, that I even started to read translations of the Webnovel. (Cause, the manga only has about ten chapters so far.)
>>
>>154434393
>the MC gets all of his powers and the story is genuinely just about him cruising through life
>He gives the dick.
But that's literally what all you guys want in an isekai, but now that you got it you nitpicked it to the point you don't like it and claimed never like it.
The fuck is wrong with all of you?
>>
>>154434540
It's decent until the end of the first dungeon, then the story drives straight off a cliff into the mires of shitty writing.
>>
>>154434547
This.
>WHY ISN'T THERE ISEKAI WHERE THE OP MC JUST LIVING HIS LIFE WHERE HE FUCKED ALL HIS HAREM
>NO FUCK RE:MONSTER
>>
>>154434547
>what all you guys want in an isekai
you're talking about just the re:monster people right? because I dig through isekai hoping to see the author come up with interesting settings for the mc to explore, that's why modern shit is so disappointing
>>
File: 1361084242212.png (43KB, 351x327px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1361084242212.png
43KB, 351x327px
>>154434547
Well fuck.
>>
File: suzaku.jpg (225KB, 974x730px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
suzaku.jpg
225KB, 974x730px
hey guys anyone remember this isekai anime?
>>
>>154434393
>80% of the girls in the series want his dick.

This so much

>"Rescue" A bunch of girls from sex slavery
>Make them regular slaves that work for the privilege of not getting raped and killed
>None of them ever want to return to their homes
>All of them are content to live as slaves because MC-kun is nice to them
>They all fall in love with a giant fucking ogre five times their size

They get absolutely nothing out of staying with the MC except sex, they could be in a human town earning money, buying stuff/homes, making friends in a human community and starting families. In his cave they get food and sex for their work, they own only want he decides to give them and they have only each other to talk with because the human girls are never seen interacting with the monsters.
>>
File: BooBoo_v02_108.png (561KB, 1434x2048px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BooBoo_v02_108.png
561KB, 1434x2048px
>>154434547
It's almost as if people have differing opinions, or as if people get what they say they want then find out it's just as boring that way.
>>
>>154434547
>>154434609
Not everyone enjoys sucking some gary stu's dick, anon. I for one, don't like bland snowflake protagonists and this is not the reason I watch or read isekai.
>>
File: escaflowne_1427122.jpg (898KB, 1999x1394px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
escaflowne_1427122.jpg
898KB, 1999x1394px
or how about this one
>>
>>154434609
RE:M goes about it in a completely boring way.
>>
>>154434711
>people get what they say they want then find out it's just as boring that way.
Pretty sure this was the case, well at least the majority of it.
>>
>>154434740
I remember this because my sister was absolutely obsessed with it when it came out
>>
>>154434740
Shoujo isekai is always good.
>>
>>154434740
Don't forget about Rayearth and 12 kingdoms
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy

Reminder that /tg/ writes better.
>>
Digimon is the only good Isekai
>>
>>154434900
i don't think i watched 12 kingdoms. But FY and Esca give you guys what you want. I watched both when they came out in the states back in the nineties. Great stuff
>>
I want an isekai where MC-kun has a photographic memory and memorized wikipedia for the hell of it.
>>
>>154434300
>>154434348
Ok. Let me tell you about MT as a whole. It was decent half-way until it went time travel. From that point on, no matter how much you argue, the idea of maturing and accepting responsibility became perverse in this story because it resorted to time travel while giving rather lazy exposition of identifying the villain and preventing a huge tragedy. The entire events that stemmed from this only made things contrived and hypocritical with the idea of maturity no matter how much you attempt to say (it brought new consequences or some shit). When people say the family SOL is good, I have trouble identifying that due to the series SOL going full retard from the fetish of aunt and shota. So much for good family bond and slice of life. It's just fetish projection at this point. Moreover, there are times when I was scratching my head over the antagonist when there were plenty of opportunities to manipulate events. Why didn't he cause more attacks or manipulate the world to where there were far more opportunities to hinder the main characters when there was so many chances to do so? Again, contrived.
>>
>>154434981
There's no "hard work" on that people won't like it.
>>
File: 2-1024x731.jpg (281KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2-1024x731.jpg
281KB, 1024x731px
>>154429063
I like mine with an accidental gender-swap and focused on deep crafting and obscure build experimentation

I need a game as complex as this, with the class system from OP
>>
>>154434740

Isekai done right.
>>
File: Group - 06.jpg (442KB, 1756x2000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Group - 06.jpg
442KB, 1756x2000px
Reminder that ZnT preceded the modern isekai boom and still somehow managed to avoid or temper a lot of the cringey genre clichés by making the main character by and large a midling player in the grand story, with situational powers that make him special but still perfectly beatable even for "normal" expert fighters, who spends a great deal of his battles getting fucked up like a Saint Seiya caracter and seeing everything from a humanizing foot soldier perspective, which makes the very sparse but grand moments where he gets to save the day all the more cathartic.

The story meanwhile revolves around far more varied axes that he interacts with only in reasonable non-wanky ways, his relationships are based on fairly justified scenarios rather than having someone fall in love with him just because he was somewhere in the proximity, he spends a great deal of time doing completely regular normal-human-knight training that pays off in only normal-human-knight skills acquired over a perfectly reasonable timespan rather than him learning bullshit inexplicably fast, and the writer seemed to have a thing for dropping unstoppable massacres in his vicinity every couple of volumes as reminder that the world kept on rolling largely beyond his influence.

And you will probably never see any of that because ZnT got one of the most spectacularly shitty adaptations since fucking Tsukuhime, so the lengthy mood-swingy war arcs got compressed out of existence along with all the death, carnage, political intrigue and let's not even fucking mention character development.
>>
>>154434981
Sounds boring.
>>
>>154434740
WeRushedItToFuckingHellSoMostOfthePlotWasDropped/10
>>
Jin. MC is a successful doctor and not a neet.
Mr.Bones. Tackles politics n shit. MC OP.
Tanya the Loli of the Rhine. Story doesn't start 16 years after rebirth. Again unique.
Cute spider. Actually this one is pretty much the best with game elements. Overlord doesn't even qualify considering there are no (longer) game elements. MC is not even human. MC weak but smert.
Slime. See the above but add a social element. Basically papa bones but more light hearted. MC OP.

These are what I consider the best. Any others I should add?
>>
>>154434900
Are the kingdoms in 12 Kingdoms based on the chinese zodiac?
>>
>>154435134
The only interesting part about ZnT was the way in which the MC suffered from stockholm syndrome. Definitely a bold move by the author.
>>
>>154435199
I should say that slime is re:goblin but remove the edgy rape and power trip and improve the story tenfold.
>>
>>154435134
is the manga okay or is it just the novel that's good? will def pick it up if you say the manga's okay
>>
>>154434984
That's what happens when someone just writes and writes and writes on and on making it up as they go with no end in sight for 300 fucking chapters. Like, imagine those million episode shounen series that are written to never end. Eventually it has to end, but it's not written to be a normal story with overarching plot, character development, climax, and resolution. It's episodic. Obviously an ending is going to seem contrived.
>>
>>154435321
Never read the manga, but I doubt it even goes on long enough to cover most of the story.
>>
>>154435199
Nobunaga no Chef.
>>
File: BooBoo_v02_053.png (911KB, 1434x2048px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BooBoo_v02_053.png
911KB, 1434x2048px
>>154435199
How do you feel about interracial /ss/ and a non-reincarnation story where the characters actually have a goal?
>>
>>154435438
mangaupdates says 7 volumes and a 4 volume sequel
>>
>>154435469
I think the fact that these guys don't have anything but immediate impulses makes the genre different.
>>
>>154432340
so like Escaflowne?
>>
>>154435526
Let's put it like this: Saito's first grand-scale accomplishment happens in Volume 7 of the novel. His second grand feat, and the one that actually gives him some renown beyond his immediate circle of friends, is in Volume 15, roughly 3/4s of the story in.
>>
>>154435199
Ore to Kawazu is pretty good. MC is OP as hell, but doesn't try to collect a harem or conquer anything, he just wants to make new friends and maybe find someone who can help him and the Hero girl get home.

Evil God Average is amazing. The main character is cursed by a dickbag god to be absolutely terrifying to anyone that locks eyes with her, and everything that stays with her for too long becomes evil-looking. Even when it ramps up and she becomes a god, it still isn't even slightly about power-levels, and remains a light-hearted comedy series.

Risou no Himo Seikatsu is a comfy SoL LN with good characterization, but suffers heavily from not much really happening. The two most exciting parts are the birth of the MC's child and the absolute disaster that is the MC working with the enchantment princess in her lab, and those are still not even worth putting in spoiler tags. Best point of it is how the MC and his brown-skinned waifu actually have a relationship that develops over time.
>>
You know what I want from Isekai? Something really fucking simple.

I want something that's not literally a RPG, and something that doesn't convert RPG mechanics into real life (ex. main guy is in mortal danger, drinks a potion.).

The closest shit that comes to this is Youjo Senki. Even Re:zero, as good as it is, uses some stupid checkpoint system.

I just want a regular guy/girl to be transported into some strange as fuck world that isn't a JRPG kingdom. You'd think video games is the only fucking parallel world people can think of.
>>
>>154429396
Being undead crossbreeding chanse is probably really low if impossible.
>>
File: Carl desu.png (318KB, 802x605px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Carl desu.png
318KB, 802x605px
I'd like to have a weak MC that only uses dirty tactics and planning that stays that way till the end.
>>
>>154433763
but can he survive musket pellets?
>>
>>154435112
I wish he would stop denying his female nature
>>
File: HO_v04_08.jpg (692KB, 1140x1800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HO_v04_08.jpg
692KB, 1140x1800px
>>154435851
Good luck finding that in an isekai.
>>
>>154429063
As far from this garbage as possible.
>>
File: Yuuko_Takeru_Chibi.png (459KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Yuuko_Takeru_Chibi.png
459KB, 1024x768px
>>154435824
Does Muv-Luv Alternative count?
>>
>>154435760
ah fuck it I'll give it a shot and see, thanks anon
>>
>>154435824
That's not even uncommon even Show By Rock would fit that description
>>
>>154429063
>How do you like your isekai, /a/?
Now and then, here and there. Noeinn, Escaflowne.
I like my worlds fleshed out, My MC's with reasonable powers and in need of help from the locals. I like the drama to have weight. And I like for the world not to solely revolve around the MC's actions and instead also have it's own events that revolve around stuff that predates the MC's inclusion.

Pic in OP is the variety of wish fulfillment/edgy trash that I don't like no matter how the MC gets their powers.

>>154434960
I came here to post this. It was an amazing read.
>>
File: HO.png (2MB, 1528x673px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
HO.png
2MB, 1528x673px
>>154435892

That's why Kamachi is the master of fun MCs
>>
>>154435824
>Digimon
>Escaflowne
>Zero no Tsukaima
>Muv-Luv
>Saihate no Paladin
>>
>>154435801
Fuck I forgot it and shield bro.

I don't know why people consider the genre bad.
>>
File: el hazard.jpg (285KB, 1024x733px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
el hazard.jpg
285KB, 1024x733px
>>154435824
Here you go
>>
>>154435851
Dungeon defense, maybe? I haven't read the whole thing but it seems that way at the start.
>>
File: 1460071066427.png (942KB, 743x1058px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1460071066427.png
942KB, 743x1058px
>>154435987
Haven't seen that WEG, still prefer this one though.
>>
>>154435851
Dungeon defense 100%
Guy is weak and all kekaiku. Also a surprise backstabber to the neck
>>
>>154435824
That's not even rare. What are you on about.
>>
Isekai aside, what do you guys think of escaflowne? I never bothered it because I often hear it compared to Evangelion, which I dislike.

And which is better, the series or the movie?
>>
>>154436122
>because I often hear it compared to Evangelion
That doesn't even make sense

Watch it, good series.
Aura Battler Dunbine is another good Isekai
>>
>>154436030
for every good there's ten bad
>>
>>154436199
That applies to everything. Everything.
>>
>>154436122
>I never bothered it because I often hear it compared to Evangelion
Aside from Vaugn being a little angsty I don't see it.

It's a solid series that held up over time for me. I wish I had the money to spring for the bluray since they redid the voices and brought over the content we lost.
>>
File: 1488564133636.jpg (40KB, 400x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1488564133636.jpg
40KB, 400x600px
>>154436055
>>154436102

How about an MC that uses dirty tricks and bluff on the fly on his own wits?
>>
>>154436030
Oversaturation and the fact that even most of the ones that start strong turn to shit partway through.
>>
>>154434984

who the fuck claims the story is about maturity? It's about the life and times of a shut in neet who was through with being pathetic and making bad decisions, and that tone is carried consistently throughout the story.

did you just not get it or something? do you at least have an LN you think is comparably good so that we can all laugh at your shit taste too?
>>
>>154436005
All of those fall into the category of "JRPG world".

Can't we just have someone call into a surreal depiction of hell or heaven and have them attempt to survive in either?
>>
>>154436336
Literally none of these are JRPG worlds
>>
>>154436383

ZnT is a pretty JRPG style world to be fair
>>
>>154436336
>Muv-Luv
>JRPG world
>Digimon
>JRPG world
You gotta be shitting me.
>>
reverse isekai. maou sama did this well
>>
>>154436122
Its pretty good, MC survives lusting for the dick and we get Catgirl sex
>>
File: IAJpUxo.jpg (418KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IAJpUxo.jpg
418KB, 1920x1080px
>>154436336
>Muv-Luv Alternative
>JRPG
I wish more JRPGs were like Muv-Luv Alternative actually.
>>
File: Dante's_Inferno[1].jpg (79KB, 256x317px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Dante's_Inferno[1].jpg
79KB, 256x317px
>>154436336
So you want a different video game world?
>>
>>154436336

And this faggot right here is why Spoonfeeding is bad.
>>
>>154435851
Konosuba i think
>>
>>154436336

JRPG worlds are literally just Fantasy world with the author giving a level and HP/MP system. If it has no numbers, its a FUCKING FANTASY WORLD, retard.
>>
>>154436416
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>154436545

at least try and prove me wrong
>>
>>154436571
No thanks. I don't like entertaining retards.
>>
>>154436609

filthy dumb commie scum
>>
>>154435851
What about a weak MC who summons other people to fight his battles for him?
>>
>>154436494
>still no literally hell isekai
>>
>>154436637
Does it count if he summons himself from previous lifetimes where he took up various vocations because that's been done before.
>>
>>154436571

Not that anon. The ZnT is just fantasy since:
>No level system
>No HP/MP
>No respawning enemies

JRPG worlds are literally just fantasy with these slapped on it. Just because the west forgot how to write whimsical fantasy settings doesn't mean its any different from old western fantasies. Labelling whimsical settings as JRPG is downright retarded
>>
>>154429063
My personal favorite Isekai is Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. The book series.
>>
>>154436647
Nirvana takes place in a world that people go to when they die and is filled with monsters that want to torment humans. It's possible that the world used to be hell, before it was overthrown by the three sages.
>>
File: 006[1].png (2MB, 2253x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
006[1].png
2MB, 2253x1600px
>>154436647
What are you talking about?
>>
>>154434547
>>154434609
I think you're confusing "you guys" with yourself/yourselves. Gary Stus or stories with 0 plot aside from "hey I'm invincible but there's forced conflicts where I win ez" is not enjoyable for most people. I guess maybe it is for the same target audience as SAO and Mazokou or whatever that god onii-chan anime was.
>>
>>154436647
>what is Kemono Friends?
>>
>>154435851
Isn't that basically Kazuma/Konosuba? Scumbag as much as possible, never really wants to leave beginner town, etc.
>>
>>154435859
Nobody can survive those
>>
Why isn't there a story about a guy dying in fantasy land by getting ran over by a carriage and getting reincarnated into our world?
>>
>>154434184
He tried to fight a deer thingy in the forest and lost by getting his spirit crushed by knowing not to fuck with it but shit that was two evolutions ago. Been waiting for the author to make him challenge that shit again cause the dear was like death in an animal form.
>>
File: Ebisu.png (62KB, 254x254px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Ebisu.png
62KB, 254x254px
A one I liked was about some adult who dies and is reborn into a fantasy world so he uses his highschool education and hard-work to become a child prodigy

Can't remember it's name though
>>
File: Talese Smiling-1.jpg (115KB, 341x396px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Talese Smiling-1.jpg
115KB, 341x396px
>>154435851
This fucker is willing to brainwash people into serving him with no chance of rebellion with the power of alchemy. He's not very combat oriented thus being rather weak, but he has enough items that he developed through years of study and essentially becomes an imprenetrable fortress.
>>
>>154436798
I read this. Very strange and cute.
>>
>>154437169
Almost every LN ever?
>>
>>154436798
Am I crazy if I always thought hell sounded pretty comfy? I mean, a warm place full of interesting and open minded people, what's not to like?
>>
>>154435851
KONOSUBA YOU SCRUB
>>
File: 1442761017105[1].png (413KB, 512x870px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1442761017105[1].png
413KB, 512x870px
>>154437345
I mean, hell might be a nice place, if not for the demons, and the eternal hellfire, and the everlasting suffering, and the wailing of sinners, and the gnashing of teeth.
>>
File: 1376677716999.png (115KB, 500x229px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1376677716999.png
115KB, 500x229px
>>154429063
are there any manga where the antagonist is the protagonist of ffta?
>>
>>154437446
>>154436970
>>154436505
Kazuma is only smart or clever when the plot demands him to be. He's a fucking idiot. Doesn't count.
>>
>>154432348
Not really, since 'heaven' is a part of their world after all.
>>
>>154437520
I don't think so, but probably only because of how badly it'd require the pacing and reveals to be pulled off to legit have 'em be like Marth.
>>
>>154437934
It's true he's kinda lacking on the planning part, but he's canonically smarter than most people. He's just an idiot because of his attitude.
>>
>>154438351
I've never watched this series, why is that picture giving me a dumb and dumber vibe?
>>
>>154438422
because your vibe detector is a well-made piece of machinery
>>
File: small exception.png (847KB, 960x540px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
small exception.png
847KB, 960x540px
>>154438422
Pretty accurate description. I don't think anybody in the entire cast is normal.
>>
>>154438351
> Dies a pathetic death from mistaking a tractor.
> Can essentially have chosen to have anything he wanted but chose an idiot goddess.
> Could leave the party of idiots and be much better off (don't give me sentimental crap as a reason for sticking with them)
> Waves panties like a fucking moron.
> Essentially goes along with the rest of the cast's stupid antics despite the fact he can choose not to do so.
It's only because of luck that he succeeds and not because of smarts regardless of his high luck stats. He's just as stupid as the rest of the cast.
>>
>>154438661
the art style conveys it well
>>
File: mite b cool.jpg (27KB, 500x384px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mite b cool.jpg
27KB, 500x384px
>>154429063
Isekai set in the future
>>
The protag is likeable, just like these
>http://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-appear-to-have-been-reincarnated-as-a-love-interest-in-an-otome-game/
>http://www.novelupdates.com/series/observation-record-of-a-self-proclaimed-villainess-fiance/
>>
>>154436647
Isn't Disgaea isekai?
> Demons
> Hades
> Multiple netherworlds.
>>
>>154438744
This one?
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-got-reincarnated-and-mistaken-as-a-genius/
>>
>>154437519
Sounds like earth, minus the hellfire part. You could get used to it.
>>
>>154429063
>I want to make babies with you for no reason, just because you are the self-insert main character

God i hate isekai bullshit.
>>
>>154438765
Female protag isekai seem to almost always be better written and less wish fulfillment than male protagonist ones.

Black Knight was god-tier as well.
>>
>>154432340
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is isekai?
>>
>>154438860
Both of those stories have male as the protag though, but I agree female protag tends to be more likeable or maybe because girl author in general can write better characters? It might be bias since I like shoujo.

Common sense duke daughter is also good too.
>>
>>154438919
Kind of, if the isekai was the isekaiee.
>>
>>154438678
> Can essentially have chosen to have anything he wanted but chose an idiot goddess.
Except that's given him free resurrections and she's broken as fuck in terms of stats and abilities.
> Could leave the party of idiots and be much better off (don't give me sentimental crap as a reason for sticking with them)
He was originally against picking up most of the cast in the first place anyways. The problem is that he now has a stigma where everyone knows he's kinda a scumbag even though nice at heart. He's not going to really get a better party.

His whole motto is that he doesn't really want to do shit if he doesn't have to. There's no point in leaving anywhere if you're content with what you have and want to basically NEET it out.

Also see >>154438661, he's still considered smart by the universe's standard. I hope you understand that smart people do stupid shit in real life all the time also.
>>
>>154438102
It is? None of the haibane know, since they don't have memories of their past lives. You can't even be sure it's "heaven" or the afterlife, specifically.
>>
>>154439019
Right, but that's the motif, and it wouldn't really change the story whether it was really true or not, so in other words the 'world' that they're sent to isn't even all that different. from their reality.
>>
thnx for reco it was a good read
>>
>>154430720
Is it me, or do a lot of isekai protags come from either mundane lives or sad/inferior living conditions?
>>
File: P752R.png (343KB, 892x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
P752R.png
343KB, 892x1300px
>>154438999
>He's not going to really get a better party.
anime foolishly skipped it but in ln/manga he swapped parties and greatly impressed everyone with what he could do
>>
>>154436647
Literally Lazy King, seriously.
>>
Can /a/ make the perfect isekai?
Has /a/ even attempted to make an isekai?
I know I have
>>
>>154429063
I enjoyed the Faraway Paladin, but only time will tell if it goes the way of other novels.
A point in its favor is that only twice does the author even make mention of the character's japanese roots, and not a single mention of videogame mechanics are to be seen.
>>
>>154439267
it's easy you take the a MC, for this lets say he's an alcoholic chemist who enjoys tinkering with shit. then you have them summoned to another world which has your choice of magic, tech, or whatever. have him marked as a heretic or some kind of criminal and have the story about him being involved in some larger over-arching scheme that ends with him being presented with two choices, stay in this new world or go back to his old one.
>>
>>154434693
oh yeah, this one.I never liked it, for some reason.
>>
>>154429063
>How do you like your isekai, /a/?
When there's no harem, and MC finds one girl to fall in love with and slowly build a relationship with.
>>
>>154439110
that is kind of the point of modern isekai as a form of wish fulfillment for nerds via sexual/revenge/power fantasies.
>>
I want my isekai to mirror of the real world but with magic
>>
>>154438999
> Get benefits of resurrection and powerful goddess
He could have literally gotten that through his wish but he chose Aqua who is a big hassle.
> Not going to get a better cast.
Fuck you, I know this series better than you since I read the LN and WN and pretty much the manga (to a certain point), and I know he could have gotten a better party because Kazuma switched with another party member (one of those guys you saw in the anime that Kazuma went with for succubus action) because he was jealous that Kazuma was surrounded with pretty girls as a party. They switched for a while and the new party did well with Kazuma and can be considered much better than what he has now and the guy's party that consisted of the idiots ended with Megumin passed out, Aqua with teeth marks (I forgot what happened with Darkness) and the dude that was jealous having to carry them back. That is why Kazuma had some acquaintance with those guys. He fared much better in that new party and he even got along way better than his old crew but rejected them.
>>
>>154436030
Shieldbro never forgets you
>>
>>154436030
>shield bro
Spear Gaiden was better.
>>
>>154439063
plz respon
>>
>>154439110
Yachiyo's life was perfectly fine though. The absence of her mother in her life didn't seem to cause any persistent psychological problems.
>>
>>154439839
Wish the translations werent so slow.
>>
>>154439716
here I'll post that for you too, him being loyal to his friends doesn't mean he's stupid in general though, the story you're talking about even disproves the point you're trying to make by showing how smart and capable he really is
>>
File: Hero Goes Home.png (847KB, 760x596px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hero Goes Home.png
847KB, 760x596px
>>154432340
>>
File: P754R.png (340KB, 891x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
P754R.png
340KB, 891x1300px
>>154439970
fuck forgot pic
>>
>>154439998
>>154439970
I was so pissed off when they skipped that entire sequence in the anime. They really dropped the fucking ball there.

I was great character building.
>>
>>154440102
I hope for an OVA but with how much they skipped in S2 I know it'll be something from that instead
>>
So what's the worst/best isekai reincarnated being so far. I used to think that the Vending Machine one was ridiculous, but then you have ones where the MC is reincarnated as a hotspring and and the one that is reincarnated as a pair of panties.
>>
>>154440193
I thought the hotspring one was a joke for the longest time so I'll vote for that one
>>
>>154429063
I like it when /tg/ does it
or should that be /quest/ now?
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=RE:Monster%20Ex%20Quest
>>
>>154440193
What are you talking about? The vending machine is actually good.
>>
>>154439970
>>154439998
If he's smart, then he should have left his old party. Again, I said don't give me sentimental crap. In the end, facts don't care about your feelings, so fuck your feelings. I argued in the beginning that he's a fucking idiot and lucky (especially that's what gotten the new party out of the mess if I remember correctly because I remember that they were in a tough situation). My point still stands to reason, he's just as idiotic as the rest of the cast no matter how much you attempt to argue. He's stupid, end of story and pretty much primarily luck got him out of many situations.
>>
>>154440398
>What are you talking about? The vending machine is actually good.

Reincarnated being, not reincarnated story. So basically, what is the silliest thing that somebody has been reincarnated as.
>>
>>154432185
Until you find out that the MC wasn't a schoolgirl and was just a shitty spider sitting on a window before getting isekaid
>>
>>154429063
I liked Gate. It feels good when modern weaponry and tactics beat fantasy beasts and soldiers armed with swords.
>>
>>154439970
>>154439998
Also, you glanced over the fact you attempted to state that he has no better party and he did but let that chance slide and I told you no sentimental crap so fuck you and your feelings.
>>
I prefer high fantasy.
>>
>>154440647
Which is why Nanasawa's works did itself better.
>>
Normal world characters who have stories and personalities that reflect how they've changed and/or stayed the same in Isekai world.

Lots of hardship and tragedy but somewhat healing in the end since suffering for suffering's sake is just bland edginess.

An intricate isekai world that is fleshed out and not just a pretty looking sandbox where the MC is godking.
>>
>>154440529

GATE was like if a guy from Alabama went back in time to the American Civil War with Abrams tanks and Apache helicopters to help the Confederates. Couldn't get into it.
>>
>>154440703
I just finished knocking it off my backlog recently. If nothing else, I'd say I watched it for the girls. Lelei and Rory and all the Lady Knights just kept me coming back. Lots of voice porn too. I knew the story/setting was absurd from the get-go, so it didn't bother me.
>>
>>154440402
>I argued in the beginning that he's a fucking idiot and lucky (especially that's what gotten the new party out of the mess if I remember correctly because I remember that they were in a tough situation
no he used his lowbie earth and wind abilities in a way the others didn't think of because he's smart like that, just like he used his lowbie water ability to figure out how to stop the dullahan because he's smart like that, just like how he's almost always the one that figures out how to use his teammates' abilities to solve the problem because hey, he's smart like that

>>154440566
wasn't me that said that and I showed that anon he was wrong right here you stupid faggot >>154439192
>>
>>154440702
>not god-emperor
>or man-emperor
Heresy
>>
>>154440826
I stand corrected so my apologies. But Kazuma is still stupid.
>>
>>154441029
I'm not sure how you could see him as stupid after reading the ln and actually seeing the thoughts behind his actions but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree
>>
>>154441148
My belief stands as stupid is as stupid does. And many of Kazuma's actions are stupid. So that's where I'm here to disagree.
>>
>>154439110
Every now and then, you get just the rather normal/vague mc whose lives are rather not as important but have enough knowledge from old to their new lives to impact their goals.
>>
>>154441803
Oh hey its you, how are you doing taleseanon? Is the new chapter ready?
>>
File: Aoi sad.jpg (26KB, 300x253px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Aoi sad.jpg
26KB, 300x253px
>>154441886
> Progress bar
> 0%
It hurts.
>>
File: 1335810513203.gif (461KB, 213x436px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1335810513203.gif
461KB, 213x436px
>>154432732
source please.
>>
>>154435112
>>154435889
Him being a male irl and female in game almost no bearing or importance anywhere.

What would be lost if he really was a she irl?
>>
>>154435933
>>154435760
>>154435526
>>154435438
>>154435321
>>154435290
>>154435134


the sad thing is that the author passed away some years ago.
>>
>>154439267
I have at least 4 notebooks full of ideas or inspiration as well as countless txt files on my laptop and phone.
4 years worth of things and all I haven't even written a single paragraph.

Even though there's a lot of dogshit light novels and Web novels I admire the ability to spew their shit taste into actual paragraph and finishing something legible.
>>
>>154441949
Welp
>>
>>154437345
>Am I crazy if I always thought hell sounded pretty comfy? I mean, a warm place full of interesting and open minded people, what's not to like?
>Hell is literally Liberal Heaven
IT ALL MAKES SENSE
>>
I love isekai but they all get stupid as fuck before chapter 20. Such a shame.

I do like the frog one though
>>
>>154435134
That's because the recent boom is reincarnation isekai with video game elements.

If i want normal transporting to another world, i'd just go rewatch El Hazard
>>
>>154429063
God tier:no system.
Release that witch and Sovereign of three realms were good, but they all suffer from usual 'special tools appear when they need to appear' and 'strong enemies are just weak enough to end with being fended off so they can be overtaken on every power tier'
Still, isekais are harlequin novels for the other side, so it's alright, I guess.
>>
As long as it isn't too blatant in it's wish fullfillment and pandering, then I am willing to give it a shot.
>>
I liked Strange Dawn. Two high school teenagers trapped in a strange world where they don't do much because they're just normal kids.
>>
Grimgar had problems in other areas, but it was atleast a bit more realistic in portraying how it would work if your average city dweller was suddenly transported into a fantasy-like world.
>>
>>154432068
>marche.jpg
Please return to the real world alone.
>>
What is it with the literal JPRG systems?

Even freaking Mushoku Tensei which helped kickstart this whole medieval fantasy isekai mess didn't have JRPG systems.
>>
>>154444215

Again, it's the wish fullfillment aspect. It's mean primarily to appeal to gamers and the like. And what is a gamer good at? Well, playing games, one would hope. It's literally and appeal to the fantasy the reader can have of being transported where his useless (in real life) skills suddenly make him hot shit.
>>
File: 152156564567857.jpg (95KB, 452x567px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
152156564567857.jpg
95KB, 452x567px
I want to pet that spider!
>>
File: 1486411159840.jpg (955KB, 1400x2051px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1486411159840.jpg
955KB, 1400x2051px
>no JRPG-style levels
>no JRPG-style skills
>no JRPG-style stats
>no JRPG-style magic
>no JRPG-style cheats
>no harem
>no otaku references
>real worldbuilding
>real characterization
>real character development
After reading Saihate no Paladin I can never go back to traditional isekai, it all just seems so trite.
>>
>>154444697
>traditional isekai
kill yourself
>>
>>154429494
>muvluv tier. The main character being from the real earth is not used as a device to fulfill the power and sex fantasies
muvluv had Takeru being a genius Senjutsuki pilot because he played videogames
I know it's kinda different than modern "get broken skill with no effort" setup, but still
>>
>>154444697
>traditional isekai
I fucking hate you
>>
>>154439110
It's true and that is why it is easy to start one. However it takes vision to actually start a good one.
>>
>>154444215
Say what you want but the MTs author knew what he was doing to some extent and how to worldbuild. I was happy when the MC finally started thinking about his real family and how shitty he was to them when Paul died. Even tries to send his brother a letter.

You don't see that in many of these isekai titles.

>>154434984
I don't really get what you mean by shota stuff but hitogami has been trying to mess with him from the very begining. Thats why he didn't let him meet roxy at the demon continent, he knew very well forceful methods wouldn't work on him because of his strong fate.
The foreshadowing was there all along.

Do you know why he tried to forcefully kill him in the end? Because he was desperate as hell. He tried everything he could but the fate just wouldnt' let him get rid of the MC. He made him clash with orsted but shit turned out even worse. The guy could partly see the future do you really think he wouldn't have taken opportunities to kill him?
Precisely because nothing worked out did he decide to gather whatever recources he had and just crash them all into Rudeus.

About responsibility, Rudi was already aware what he wanted to do with his life at that point in time and had definitely reflected on his past life. He had already decided long ago to devote all his life to the family.

I didn't really have issues with oldeus, but I really wanted the author to actually describe in detail oldeuses adventures, the mistakes he made there and the suffering he went through. It wouldn't feel cheap that way you know? Like make them full vols don't just leave it like that if you wanted to take that route. But the WN writers are all mainly amateurs sadly.
>>
>>154444822
>muvluv had Takeru being a genius Senjutsuki pilot because he played videogames
The videogames just gave him a head start in being acclimated to motion sickness inducing cockpit movement, and training his spatial awareness and reflexes. He was still a step below actual top tier pilots like Mana and Fagiri.

and the irony was that none of his supposed superior individual pilot skill actually mattered that much at the end of the day since he sat out the entire final operation as a weapons operator

the most valuable contribution he actually made was suggesting that pre-recorded macros could actually be viable for giant robot operation which he stole from the PS2 version of VirtualOn

(which was only able to be implemented by Prof. Yuuko since Takeru is not a computer scientist, and which was actually for very good reasons in complete opposition to conventional wisdom which prioritized flexibility of operation and actual use was really only possible using Alternative IV technologies)
>>
>>154438834
She's the first girl of the series and third member of the team, and has liked him since then, along with the fact he's the "alpha" leader which made her and the rest of the group grow to ogre level.

A girl that would randomly meet him and say this would be one thing, but complaining about HER wanting to marry him? Stop being retarded.
>>
>>154432582
This pissed me off so much.
>Hey we were kidnapped and all our men died
>Ayy pls raep me goblin dude xD
>Home? what's home
>>
>>154444697
>no JRPG-style magic

What? I can ipagine for the rest but what is that even supposed to mean?
>>
>>154434384
HAIL ANRI-SAMA
>>
>>154445166
Magic isn't a set of discrete combat-oriented spells cast from mana, it's a fundamental force of reality intertwined with the gods original language of creation, using it involves speaking or writing the words of creation and controlling your inflection and accuracy of pronunciation or writing, and it's so troublesome and risky to use that the MC's spooky grandpa repeatedly tells him not to bother with it most of the time.
>>
>>154436647
The Lazy King kinda counts.
>>
>>154445312
So it's just a non fighting oriented concept of magic.
>>
>>154445410
Hence non-JRPG.
>>
>>154442258
Saikyou wo Kojiraseta Level Counter Stop Kenseijo Beatrice, it's a LN.

>>154429063
>>154433572
This, overall it needs either an MC that is an interesting/fun character (Kazuma) and/or one that grows as a character (Grimgar and Re:Zero are good examples). And having poor odds stacked against the MC also prevent him from showing his personality and growing as a character.

That's why wish fulfillment or "muh superiority" often sucks. The MC is usually so superior to everyone that he doesn't need to work to overcome anything. Most of the "work" is off-screen grinding or the same kind of bullshit, wich is the most uninteresting thing ever.

MC being godlike and having a harem could be interesting if the material dealt with the consequences that came with it and odds that he will have a hard time dealing with because he can't just brute force his way through them.
If the special ability of the hero comes from exterior knowledge, then his biggest antagonist should be the world he lives in and how it works. Re: Zero was a good example of that, especially since the MC can only rely on knowledge from his previous lives and has to rely on everyone for pretty much everything.
>>
>>154445437
It's not particularly from JRPG. Magic used widely for fighting has been a thing in every mediums for a while already.
>>
>>154445495
I can understand what he means though. TTRPG and vidya have influenced people's vision of magic a lot, and that's often what we find in LNs and Manga.
It's not unique to JRPG but I get where he is coming from.
>>
>>154445619
if he had said d&d magic it would have been understandable
>>
>>154445069
He could have literally used another death mouse again. Manipulated another human to kill him when he's young and still weak alone (like what happened with several of the characters). Again, so many methods that could have been done yet it became contrived.
> Responsibility
You have no idea of what that means, do you? You have to accept the consequences but it became a perverse notion like I said. Time travel bit made everything contrived and a whole set of events became avoided and time travel was shoehorned as an excuse to prevent it when there are much better ideas on how to go on about the story. Instead, we got lazy exposition, lack responsibility in storytelling (which becomes a hypocritical concept when in it comes to time travel and maturing).
Also,
> I don't know about the shota
The author made incestual /ss/ bullshit. So much for good family values.
You just want to defend MT but to hell with it. Just know that it's not as good as you believe it to be.
>>154436311
A manchild that faces his past and lives a new life adapting and maturing while learning to take responsibility. Did it not attempt to do that? You're an idiot if you did not see the story that way but the problem was time travel. With that, it became bullshit.
When it comes to maturity, that also includes taking responsibility as well as the ability to accept consequences. Time travel lacks consequence (don't give me bullshit that it brings new ones, they pretty much end up causing the least harm by the end and end up being plot devices to prevent worst shit from happening)
>>
>>154445619
Well, that's also because it's meant to a totally different concept. Though he still meant magic in a "to fight" way. What wouod he considered as "original" or "great but not used enough" for a magic concept still made for battle stuffs?
>>
>>154445619
Mushoku Tensei at least tries to justify why it is so, Roxy explains that modern magic users are basically script kiddies who stole magic from elves during a time of war, so most of the magic they can use are just combat macros.
>>
>>154445312
>>154445410
>>154445495
What about this introduction of magic?
> Magic is the metaphysical art that acts as a connector between the spiritual and physical realm. It can be manipulated to where the physical realm can call upon the manipulation of matter from the spiritual realm. To call upon such power and different uses, one must have the necessary amount of mana as well as the amount of natural energy to do while having a considerable amount of knowledge regarding the inner workings of such power you attempt to create through magic. Like with fire, you have to have some knowledge on how it forms and can form. Then one can essentially visualize themselves as the conductor with mana as fuel and cast magic.
> Mana, the ethereal form of matter that gives the physical realm the ability to use magic. Mana's existance originates from the spiritual realm. From the beginning of the physical realm that began to form, mana was spilled forth to create the world that is physical. Since then, the environment and life within the physical realm were exposed to mana and thus, life was able to adapt to mana and change depending on the environment and mana. Other races that were related to humans were emerging and the animals that were created by the spiritual realm began to adapt to the mana and environment. Typically invisible unless one were to be in the spiritual realm, use magic with the prerequisite of understanding how mana and the spirit works, or mana is very dense within an environment that it becomes visible to the naked eye. The amount of mana within the individual is random and often fluctuates depending on genetics, the environment, or exposure to the spiritual realm. Souls can coincide with mana or magic as they originate from the spiritual realm and can the soul can be malleable with mana or magic.
>>
>>154435851
"Ouroboros Record" and "Your and My Asylum", not perfect but good read, i rates there two 6~7/10
>>
>>154442318
The nature of these genderswap series is so the author can have his cake and eat it too; the protagonist has a ostensibly male mindset so the target demographic can better identify with him, but she has a cute female design that can be advertised front and center as well.
>>
>>154433321
You pretty much described Mushoku Tensei for the most part.
>>
>>154432217
>alice in wonderland
Alicization is basically this.
>>
File: IMG_1312.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_1312.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
>other world speaks a fantasy language with a made up alphabet
>MC hears it as Japanese due to some convenient translation magic
>but for whatever reason the Adventurer's Guild still uses the Roman alphabet to rank their adventurers from F rank to S rank
Any other common dumb worldbuilding decisions that triggers your autism?
>>
>>154444697
The second volume is disappointing. He end up being your average overpowered MC.

They should've focused on showing him being sympathetic to the undead.
>>
Exhaust!
>>
>>154446249
Or how about this.
> It just fucking works
>>
>>154447252
For Konosuba's case, I'd argue Fantasy Australia's the way it is because of all the isekai heroes that keep popping up, adding their own bit of culture to it (which is why you have onsens and shit). Really, it wouldn't be farfetched to assume some nerd got to live out his Conan fantasies a long time ago and caused the English letter system to become adopted and changed over the course of a long-ass time.
>>
File: IMG_1310.png (668KB, 1200x614px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_1310.png
668KB, 1200x614px
>>154447350
I don't think Konosuba even does this, Kazuma is just a great source of reaction faces.

It sure is common as hell in other isekai though.
>>
File: 1371173232940.jpg (92KB, 482x569px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1371173232940.jpg
92KB, 482x569px
>>154447252
>MC asks for the price of an apple (it's always a fucking apple)
>does a price comparison to your average supermarket apple in Japan
>fantasy currency turns out to be perfectly valued at 100 bronze coin = 100 yen
>10000 bronze coins = 100 silver coins = 1 gold coin as well
>>
>>154445673
Dude it seems to me that you just want to hate on it for the sake of it. I wasn't even defending just pointing out the facts, to hell with MT really.

>Manipulated another human to kill him when he's young
I suggest you actually try to read the story this time around. You are either retarded or pretending to be one.
>>
>>154447252
How about the concept of a fucking "Adventurer's guild" to begin with.

A "we hire everyone and we do everything" guild isn't a fucking guild, it's a glorified job listing. You could dismantle most adventurer's guilds and only leave their bulletin board of quests up and it'd fulfill the same function just as well.
>>
>>154445673
>He could have literally used another death mouse again
You didn't really read it did you?
>>
>>154447869
they're also usually social clubs for networking and stuff
>>
>>154443216
So Heaven is:
>a cold place
>full of dull people
>that are also close minded

Yeah, I take hell.
>>
>>154447869
Personally i always see these replaced by taverns . The jobs are simply posted with noone caring about ranks or shit.
>>
>>154447284
>sympathetic to the undead
He understands why stagnate (or whatever her name is) makes the undeads. He just doesn't agree with her. I think he's sympathetic enough.
>>
>>154448501
>>154448215
>>154447869
The idea of professional monster hunters just needs to be separated from the miscellaneous job postings.

You can have a hunters' guild and a tavern with job postings but don't go mixing both of them into one organization.
>>
>>154429063
Konosuba is the only isekai I like. I don't really like the genre.
>>
>>154430922
A his harem is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>154448908
At this point you could simply have the monster hunting guild be mostly nationalized, with the state itself paying bounties for dangerous monsters and requesting rare materials for secret researchs.
>>
File: popuko die.png (164KB, 517x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
popuko die.png
164KB, 517x480px
Stop using isekai as if it's a genre. It's barely a setting, more often than not it's just a plot device to kickstart the story.
>>
>>154434540
>lava submarine
>>
>>154439972
>>
As isekai I have been reading pic related.
MC and his female senpai get isekaid and exchange bodies with a noble and her butler. The two are having fun and dating on earth while MC and his senpai are working hard to prevent civil war between commoners and nobles .
>>
>>154449487
that actually sounds pretty interesting
>>
>>154449522
Sadly there are very few pages about the two on earth. I wish it were longer.
>>
>>154433590
>>154433933
>>154434348

I just hope the manga continues, since i hate reading LNs.
>>
Is Common Sense still okay? I dropped it aftert its translator had changed.
>>
>>154447869
>You could dismantle most adventurer's guilds and only leave their bulletin board of quests up and it'd fulfill the same function just as well.
Maybe the Guild acts as an arbitrator in disputed jobs so they don't have to go to small claims court.
>>
>>154449487
Is it translated, this one sounds fun.
>>
>>154447284
the third volume gets more interesting.
>>
>>154449753
Nope. Bought the novels from amazon and have been reading it raw .
>>
File: 00023.jpg (126KB, 1127x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
00023.jpg
126KB, 1127x1600px
Here is a pic of the girl's original body.
>>
File: 00018.jpg (110KB, 1006x1429px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
00018.jpg
110KB, 1006x1429px
The noble girl having a date with the butler on earth(while in the body of MC's senpai).
>>
>>154449554
>butler manages to date his mistress
I imagine there's a whole lot of "RAPE THE BUTLER" going on.
>>
>>154430324
If you are going to dabble in alternate world politics, at least don't show one teenager being some expert. Have a group of people who work togheter, like log horizon
>>
>>154450090
>character was a shut-in NEET a mere few weeks ago
>manages to glean the state of the nation's politics in its entirety from a few throwaway conversations between a few nobles
>somehow manages to hatch and execute the perfect gambit to help the princess with whatever political issue she has (imminent coup, succession crisis, etc.)
>she begins lusting for his dick and joins his harem
Every time.
>>
>>154433590
Just read Xianxia
>>
>>154435851
More or less A Record of a Mortal's Journey to Immortality.
>>
>>154433590
>I'm tempted to get into western young adult fantasy novels.
>Just to have SOMETHING decently written with cool monsters and magic.

Have you read Mother of Learning? It's an OEL WN focused on magical timelooping.
>>
>>154450800
Didn't the author stop writing
>>
>>154450922
Unless this happened very, very recently, I haven't heard anything like that.
>>
>>154450959
I've read it maybe 2 years ago, reached chapter 40 or so, since then i haven't seen any new chapters.
>>
>>154450979
It's on a schedule of 1 chapter per month at best, 66 chapters out so far.
>>
>>154451073
Nice, i might start reading it again. Is there an end in sight?
>>
>>154446483
>tfw every chick in asylum is a dirty fujo and they all have a fetish for foot stuff
>>
>>154451090
We are in the middle of arc 2, after this there is arc 3.
>>
>>154433274
What ever happened to "summoning"?

It's always just reincarnation or transporting by accident. If you want to have wish fulfillment, why not actually have "chosen one to fulfill a great destiny and summoned by a powerful mage/ritual/etc." or some shit

Zero no Tsukaima is looking pretty unique right about now. Hell even fucking Monster Rancher knew how to do this right. Yeah, remember this? This was an isekai too. In fact, now that I really think about it, the best isekai stories are the ones aimed at kids like Digimon Adventure
>>
>>154451381
It still happens. Though the MC is usually a third wheel summon in translated stories.

Tsuki ga is a strange straight inversion, being the original summoned hero, but rejected by the summoner for being too ugly. MC gets summoned anyway, then two other replacements are also summoned.
>>
>>154451381
> If you want to have wish fulfillment, why not actually have "chosen one to fulfill a great destiny and summoned by a powerful mage/ritual/etc." or some shit
Because it would be to blunt. And it would raise the question as to why the chosen one is such a fucking loser in our world.
>>
>>154451529
>Because it would be to blunt
Really anon?
>>
>>154429063

You know, I sort of want a balance.

Oddly enough, Western isekai stories seem to do it pretty well. The Chronicles of Narnia, for example, never has the kids become overpowered - in fact, they're constantly scared shitless. Thomas Covenant, despite being a fucking asshole, is never in control of a situation.

Basically, I want the protagonist to be constantly challenged. Eien No Aselia, for example, is actually quite good with this: the protagonist is powerful, but so is everyone transported to the alternate world. Also, his life is shit-miserable.

Like, when did we move away from the El-Hazard / Now and Then, Here and There route to blatant wish fulfillment?
>>
>>154439436

You know, I always hate that. I think the whole developing / forging / researching new shit part is INSANELY boring and leads to absurdly overpowered abilities, especially when the protagonist somehow thinks of something the world's most learned sages can't.

Just have him use what's already there. Don't have him reinvent the wheel or whatever, that's stupid.
>>
>>154451552
>Western isekai stories
This shit remains the best isekai I've ever read
>>
>>154433590
>the faggot translating the sequel stopped
AHHHHHHHH
>>
>>154429063

One with NO JRPG MECHANICS

And NO LEVEL SYSTEM.
>>
>>154433590
Read the first volume of The Faraway Paladin. It's the most MT-like tensei story I've read, at least in spirit if not in form.
>>
Best isekai have monster protaganists, that's a fact.
>>
>>154451604
>especially when the protagonist somehow thinks of something the world's most learned sages can't.
God, I hate this shit the most. It's always basic grade school level shit too, like
>MC-kun! What was that just now?
>Huh? What are you talking about?
>That! How did you hit him with your <Lightning Strike> despite his <Earthen Wall> blocking the way?!
>Eh? Well everything was soaked from that <Droplet Falls> earlier, so I just used that to conduct the electricity...
>"Conduct?" Just what on earth are you talking about?
>(could it be that the people in this world doesn't understand the basic principles behind conducting electricity?)
>>
>>154429063
I'd like an Isekai where the MC isn't a little bitch and builds a team that becomes strong enough to defeat a powerful empire. MC then proceeds to conquer other Kingdoms and steal their princesses. With everything obtained and conquered, MC goes beyond and becomes a God.
>>
>>154451894

Not to mention that it's against heroic fantasy. Traditionally, protagonists just don't do that shit - they find a wise sage or something, and he tells them. The main character gets by with whatever he can scrounge and so on.

In fact, in a semi-related note, level-grinding is just as bad. Aragon didn't stop to kill orcs just to level up, that would be dumb. Instead, he only fought when he had to because YOU DON'T GET STRONGER FROM KILLING THINGS.

Do the faggots not understand that levels are an abstract concept? When you kill someone, he does not bleed experience points.
>>
>>154451940
>MC then proceeds to conquer other Kingdoms and steal their princesses. With everything obtained and conquered, MC goes beyond and becomes a God.

Sounds like you'd enjoy all those CN xianxia stories.
>>
>>154451604
>especially when the protagonist somehow thinks of something the world's most learned sages can't.
If they are at the "this disease is caused by bad smells" stage, then this isn't exactly hard.
>>
>>154440362

Man, I only remember Joker Quest. That one was just a grinding slog through the QM's existential hell. What happened to that one?
>>
>>154429063
>How do you like your isekai, /a/?
Non-existent.
>>
I don't even like Grimgar but if it had a little more polish, it could have been amazing as it pretty much does none of the things you guys are talking about. Unfortunately it doesn't really go anywhere and is kinda boring.
>>
>>154439110
That's how you spot a shitty writer.
>>
>>154439110
Or they were bullied a lot in school
>>
>>154449487
What's the title?
>>
Kumo Desu Ga is good, I like the way the author set up all of these events that were to occur a year ago in the side stories, and has ever so slowly led up to it in the main story.
>>
>>154451381
>In fact, now that I really think about it, the best isekai stories are the ones aimed at kids like Digimon Adventure

Probably because of the otaku pandering such as the MCs involved in a harem wouldn't exactly work in a kid's show other than for maybe comedy effect.
>>
>>154429063
I like my isekai not at all.
>>
>>154451894
It's elementary grade level nowdays, but remember that it took literal centuries for people to actually understand how electricity works.
>>
>>154452223
Did they have easy access on demand to electricity? I think magic being widely available should make it easier to research these things.
>>
>>154445659
D&D magic doesn't have any mana, it has spell slots.
>>
>>154435892
Can I get an isekai with a pair of bros like Quenser and Heivia? Or an ensemble cast like DRRR?
>>
>>154429063
With a character with an iota of personality and actually faces a struggle in their adventure.

Who am I kidding, the first part is unreasonable to expect from all of the E-Rank Japanese authors using isekai to farm money
>>
>>154452223
>It's elementary grade level nowdays, but remember that it took literal centuries for people to actually understand how electricity works.
Even if they don't have a detailed understanding of electromagnetic principles, if something like "lightning magic" is in common use, someone should've figured out a long time ago that (undistilled) water can conduct it just through sheer accident.
>>
File: gtfo.jpg (440KB, 1257x859px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gtfo.jpg
440KB, 1257x859px
>guy gets transported to another world
>uses the chance to build a monster girl harem
>>
>>154452287
>I think magic being widely available should make it easier to research these things.
It bothers me more than anything that any society with common access to magic would evolve into anything resembling a stereotypical medieval society.
>>
>>154429063
Normal fantasy manga tend to be far superior.
>>
>>154452415
>>
>>154452415
>>154452450
>I'm a useless piece of shit IRL but I could totally woo all the hot women in fantasy worlds
Spare me.
>>
>>154435851

Oddly, I find that even less believable. If the protagonist doesn't have some powers of his own - if he can't at least fight - it's insanely boring.

Like, let's say Re: ZERO. Subaru can't reliably defend himself, and mostly relies on other people to do the fighting for him. Which makes sense, since he wasn't a combat powerhouse anyway.

But it just sucks all the fucking tension out of every scene he isn't suffering.
>>
>>154452041

It's ongoing, but it's actually become an isekai series. The MC and his best buddy are now stuck in hell, so they're just sort of wandering through the desert and hallucinating.
>>
>>154452415
>mage girl wants a literal level up
Just now, I picked it up to drop it. Dropped it.
>>
How about that crop rotation?
>>
>>154452521

>dropping a one shot
>>
All Isekai is irredeemable cancer.
>>
>>154429063
SUFFERING

re:zero is good
>>
File: img000005.png (302KB, 830x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000005.png
302KB, 830x1200px
>>154452831
Overlord is so progressive that the local crazy princess came up with the idea without even knowing about the Magical Skeleton.

>>154452871
Can be done if you just take a look at two pages.
>>
>>154442318
its a nice touch, It should eventually have a bigger importance to the series.
>>
>>154452415
>But will not fuck and/or kiss any of them
>>
>>154435851
lazy dungeon master, kind of
>>
What the fuck am I in for /a/?
>>
Gotta be honest, SAO's aincard arc is fun for the most part,outside of the harem bullshit it feels genuine and interesting, everything after that is just bad
>>
File: e011.jpg (217KB, 727x989px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
e011.jpg
217KB, 727x989px
Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki Is probably my favourite Isekai.

Mostly because it's largely a parody

Shame it went on hiatus for ages because the artist got a Japanese cold.

>still years away from getting to the delicious brown giant girl
>>
>>154452111
転生 従者 の 悪政 改革 録
Sorry, was away from keyboard.
>>
File: Dark Elf knight.jpg (767KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Dark Elf knight.jpg
767KB, 844x1200px
>>154453314
Dark Elf is my favorite.
>>
>>154452450
>>154452415
Name pls? Image search engines turned to shit and are now worthless.
>>
>>154453202
Tomino-desperately-needs-to-be-put-on-anti-depressants.
>>
>>154453518

I forget the exact name, I'll have to look it up.

It's basically a series of short stories all based around Isekai.
>>
>>154453518
Is this a CARTOONS?

Maybe it's LINE DRAWINGS?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
>>
>>154435892
Mx0
>>
>>154453690
MxO wasnt isekai tough.
>>
>>154453647

I still don't understand just how GIS turned to complete shit
>>
>>154453314
This and Isekai Tensei Soudouki are probably the only isekai that I unironically enjoy.
>>
File: BEASTLY.jpg (164KB, 640x942px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BEASTLY.jpg
164KB, 640x942px
>>154429063
>Trashy skill-stealer

As opposed to your shitty normalfag powers? kek.
Stay Mad.
>>
>>154440193
Slime is pretty amazing.
>>
>>154453880
I didn't bother reading the Re:Monster LNs. Catch me up from the skeleton war.
>>
>>154453880
It's Stay Night, you stupid idiot.
>>
>>154447869
Where did the concept even come from initially? I'm guessing Dragon Quest or some other videogame.
>>
>>154454197
MMORPG?
>>
>>154449319
>setting
>plot device
The word you're looking for is "premise", retard, but isekai is absolutely a genre.
>>
>>154454236
Yeah, probably.
>>
>>154440193

>reincarnated as a pair of panties

I need to find this now
>>
>>154432340
FFTA has one of the best stories related to isekai. I'm surprised no one has actually copied its theme yet.
>>
>>154449319
I will when they all stop following the exact same tropes and cliches.
>>
File: C5PDOLVVMAAkvAg.jpg (78KB, 600x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
C5PDOLVVMAAkvAg.jpg
78KB, 600x450px
>>154440193

This is one of these prize winning publications isn't it? Guessing it's just a light seinen type oneshot.
>>
>>154454480
Funny how they created their own tropes and cliches some of which you can't find in anime and manga.
>>
>>154454136
I want to rape that teacher and force medea to listen.
>>
File: 1344545859591.jpg (225KB, 1200x1513px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1344545859591.jpg
225KB, 1200x1513px
>>154454620
>>
>>154442345
>the sad thing is that the author passed away some years ago.

Let's pretend that Noboru Yamaguchi isn't dead, he actually just became an Isekai protagonist somewhere in another dimension.
>>
>>154436902
kek
>>
>>154454197
>>154454236
Are you guys retarded. This shit is oldhat, not from DQ or MMO of all things.
>>
>>154455407
Like fucking what? Dungeons & Dragons players from /tg/ like to call their characters murderhobos and adventurers from many games don't need any guild to go adventuring. And I KNOW that in the first DQ it is the king who sents the hero to do his heroics.
>>
>>154454197

Real life Guildhalls have been around for 600+ years. It's not really a stretch for someone to think "what if one of these was for knights instead of tradesmen". Heck the Knights Templar did a lot of the types of activities you see in RPGs (minus the monsters of course).

I'd be suprised if there wasn't examples from Victorian serials or popular fiction from that time.
>>
>>154455730
Guild halls are basically for when ADHDventuring becomes the main economy
>>
>>154455732
But that sounds like something exclusively in European history. It's not something a Japanese writer would know about unless it's popped up in DnD or Japanese history.
>>
>>154433763
Ainz in the middle.


So far manga shown, guy has no problems at all, no real crisis, wish fullfillment at max gas

How was the manga about rape wizard called? It was pretty bad as well.
>>
>>154456163
Maou no Hajimekata I think
>>
>>154432772
Faraway Paladin
>>
>>154456257

Himekishi ga Classmate as well
>>
Mushoku Tensei is shit. It started out decent, had a more and less good world, the description of battles was keeping your attention very well, but... Shitty dialogues and reasoning the School arc was cringy as fuck, useless to the plot characters and a shitty MC actually, his pervertness and foolishness were amusing at first, but they get old to the point you find him disgusting because of the way the author seriously describes it made it terrible. Ah, and it's the fucking harem-story, of course.
>>
>>154456372
MC there only has rapemancy. Not an actual wizard.
>>
>>154453614
Ideon or Victory level?
>>
>>154434981
Plot twist:
Wikipedia was trolled when he was learning this, all info is totally wrong, hilarity ensues.
>>
>>154456163
How to Become a Homo.

I completely dropped it when the guy went
>so every small village must send me lotsa food, resources and a young virgin every month and for that I summon rain once in awhile and protect them from bandits, that's a totally clever and sustainable economy plan LOL

That's a several-decades-old clever wizard for you, totally legit. Though I think I understood how much of a pile of shit it was when characters turned into KAWAII chibis after slaughtering a whole village.

That was revolting to look at.
>>
Guys, can i have some titles as recomendations?
I want another Isekai with a non underaged NEET protagonist. The only one i found was Release that Witch, but i'm nearly catching up to the latest chapter and dont have anything else to read.
I'm okay with any kind of MC but the typical raging chinese stereotype.
>>
>>154434981
>Having photographic memory
>Not using it to store 30 terabytes of online porn
>>
>>154429063
https://larvyde.wordpress.com/tenkoro/

Read How to kill Reincarnators.


Otherwise... Isekai sucks as long as it has one of the following elements:

>Japanese MC
>Game elements
>Japanese culture or food even remotely mentioned in the story (seriously fuck those soyaniggers)
>Demon king that isn't an ayymao outsider being
>Summoning rituals
>''cheats''
>harems where the MC didn't work to get each of the girls and doesn't fuck them silly


Basically the only right way to do an otherworld-story is to either stick to reincarnation or go full Star-gate.
>>
>>154456985
>Japanese MC
Do you also hate American movies starring American characters?
>>
File: img000010.png (673KB, 1133x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
img000010.png
673KB, 1133x1600px
>>154456985
F U C K * Y O U

Demon Kings are love, Demon Kings are life.
>>
>>154435851
Read ''How to kill Reincarnators''
>>
>>154455732
>Real life Guildhalls have been around for 600+ years. It's not really a stretch for someone to think "what if one of these was for knights instead of tradesmen"
It's called a mercenary company.
>>