[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sendoh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: Akira Sendoh.jpg (51KB, 458x606px) Image search: [Google]
Akira Sendoh.jpg
51KB, 458x606px
Does he really likes basketball?
he's not even trying
>>
> he's not even trying

average_highschooler.jpg
>>
File: Slam Dunk (11).jpg (73KB, 641x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Slam Dunk (11).jpg
73KB, 641x1000px
>>
>>154426154
protip: he's better than rukawa, he just doesn't give a fuck
>>
>>154426232
Does it matter when Rukawa could never beat him?

Anzai says that Sendo is better but Shohoku beats Ryonan
>>
>>154425911
Sawakita>>>Sendo>Rukawa
>>
File: Togame.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Togame.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
> mfw every character likely ended up in some minimum-wage bum career
>>
/a/ why was Slam Dunk butchered?
>>
My biggest issue with slam dunk is the fact that a shit lot of top tier players get introduced /hyped up during the Nationals arc only for Shohoku to get btfo after beating sannoh and the series ending abruptly.

I read somewhere that the author wanted to do slam dunk 2 after vagabond but it's probably bs
>>
>>154428108
this
>>
>>154428705
it was?
>>
>>154428913
I don't mind it, it makes it feel more grounded in reality in my opinion. In the real world there's tons of very skilled people out there, it would feel just too perfect if you so happened to have the chance to play them all if you know what I mean.
>>
>>154428913
>slam dunk 2
I've never knew i wanted that this much
>>
>>154426154
Is that guy really not a nigger? Suspicious.
>>
>>154428913
>>154429005
Well, you can see the same pattern in haikyuu now (almost all haikyuu is copy paste from slam dunk), we get introduced to so many characters i dont event know 2 names besides karasuno.

Also, Sendoh told rukawa that Rukawa WAS better than him in 1v1 but he lacked Teamwork, thats what he starts doing againts sannoh that tipped the game to an """even""" match
>>
>>154428913
It's perfectly logical that they will lose next after Sannoh because Sakuragi was injured badly. I wish there would be a sequel for the NBA tournament with Team Japan though.
>>
>>154428913
The ending was great, they won against the best and lost the tournament after almost playing to death, who was going to believe they were going to win against the rest? This kind of thing happens a lot in sports, where the tourney favorite gets beaten by an underdog that doesn't even make it to the finals.
>>
File: 1470169167033.jpg (149KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1470169167033.jpg
149KB, 750x1125px
>>154428913
>>154429005
Is this whole "fleets of hyped new characters in the nationals arc who do nothing" a common/established thing? I remember Touch seeming to parody it (pic related), but I can't say I've read many sports manga older than Touch, so I don't really know.
>>
File: 1474442771385.jpg (165KB, 750x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1474442771385.jpg
165KB, 750x1125px
>>154429730
>>
>>154429143
Probably an okinawan-american rapebaby.
>>
>>154429580
>who was going to believe they were going to win against the rest

Why can't people get this? There's so many fucking shit manga out there precisely because of this, it's fucking plot armor.

>>154429730
No it really aint. I haven't really read Touch though, is that the only pages they appear on? If so then that's simply a bit of a gag, whereas on Slam Dunk we have more subtle and hyped introduction to new characters that seem like a big deal.
>>
>>154428948
Hyped up the big bad guy but the fight against him never came. It ended without the good guys winning NBA or whatever the championship was called. Our main guy got injured in an non essencial game just so the author would have an excuse to end it before the finale. The editors must've said something like "you got 5 more chapters and then it's over"
>>
>>154429811
Those characters show up twice (3 times), all times where they are trying to look better than each other. I think it was a joke, but it seems the other guy meant it was a parody of things like that happening in sport manga (hyped up characters don't show up)
>>
>>154428913

I really enjoyed the short ending. It seemed appropriate, none of the melodramatic "where are they now" stuff.
>>
>>154430386
How can you be so blind dude?

>it ended without the good guys winning NBA or whatever

Why would you possibly want some fucking generic goody-goody implausible plot armored bullshit instead of the realistic and down to earth ending we got?

Inoue came up with the perfect solution to end the manga on a great note (proving Shohoku was fucking amazing team to everyone) while avoiding readers dropping disbelief by having them win the entire fucking tournament which would have been ridiculous, not to mention it would've dragged for 300+ chapters.
>>
>>154430607
that might be true and all, but that ignores all the hype of the big bad guy. Which means he obviously had planned for them to fight, but were forced to do something else. I didn't like the ending, so maybe I'm just pessimistic
>>
>>154430946
As I said on another comment >>154429005 Sure it's likely he was actually gonna use that character for something else, hell the manga might have been planned for more but that still doesn't make it a bad move in my opinion or means it was rushed.
>>
File: rukawansendoh.jpg (52KB, 348x493px) Image search: [Google]
rukawansendoh.jpg
52KB, 348x493px
>>154430607
This
>>154430386
It would have been a typical shounen shit. It would have dragged on and became retarded like most shounen manga these days. I prefer the realism approach. Story ended with a good note. Deal with it.
>>
>>154430946
i also think that he (inoue) wanted to play the full tournament, but then realized that maybe, just maybe, making the FULL underdogs go 200% againts the best team of the best school in like 10 years, so even if they beat them, it was established that the only menace they would face is the Shaq clone, the other "hyped" guys were only like a pretty good scorer or a good PG, Kainan ends second place that year, so shohoku killing sanoh is perfect, even with the whole "but that picture was never used..."
>>
>>154426154
BASED
>>
>>154428167
yeah that was pretty fucking sad
>>
>>154426154
Why is the art so weird?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.