[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, so I've watched about half of this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: bebop1.jpg (121KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
bebop1.jpg
121KB, 1024x768px
When does it get as great as everyone says it is?
Just about ready to drop it from boredom.
>>
It doesn't get great, its bland and mediocre. I felt the same about Samurai Champloo.
Not sure why normies like it so much.
>>
>>154425483
If you don't like slice of life anime you should go back to /v/.
>>
File: hochiminh-nguyenaiquoc.jpg (31KB, 470x560px) Image search: [Google]
hochiminh-nguyenaiquoc.jpg
31KB, 470x560px
*250 replies 40 Images 71 Unique Posters*
>>
good thread guys
>>
File: 1483402320274.png (201KB, 322x395px) Image search: [Google]
1483402320274.png
201KB, 322x395px
>>154425483
Then just drop it if you don't like it and watch something else.
>>
>>154425585
Nobody tells me what to do
>>
I didn't like it as much as a lot of people seem to but pretty much all of the last 10 episodes are pretty great.
>>
File: 1484550823133.jpg (761KB, 1432x1325px) Image search: [Google]
1484550823133.jpg
761KB, 1432x1325px
>>154425483
>When does it get as great as everyone says it is?
Entertainment is subjective. Bebop is garbage aside from its animation.
>>
>>154425483
Never. I do remember a few good episodes, but for the most part it's nothing special, it just looks pretty.
Like a lot of anime from the mid to late 90s it has an overblown reputation in the west, it's probably a mix of nostalgia and of anime back then being more to the particular taste of western anime fans. Cowboy Bebop is a major gateway anime and also a westaboo anime, so it plays strongly on both aspects.
I watched it a long time ago though, I was still pretty young and new to anime, so maybe I would like it more if I watched it again today. It worked really well with K-on! at least.
>>
>>154425483
As a show, I'd say I enjoyed watching it. Some parts were boring, and spikes back story was a bit hard to grasp, or empathize with rather.

It's better taken as a finished product than rating it by the strength of any given episode.
>>
>>154425483

This series is 8/10 at best. It's boring and not that good
>>
>>154426677
> 8/10
> boring and not that good
What the fuck kind of scale are you using?
>>
I'll summarize it for you
>le edgy ex mafioso goes rambo on his old gang because his waifu got killed by them and they all die.
>>
>>154428228
I was also confused by that post, but I guess he means that he doesn't understand how someone would give it more than a 8, not that he gives it a 8 himself.
>>
>>154428228
IGN scale. It's like Frieza time but with reviews.
>>
>>154428283
>goes rambo
you mean he goes taxi driver
>>
Finished it yesterday.
They should have either cut some of the worse episodic stories to have more backstory development, or made the whole thing completely episodic.
>>
>>154425483
It's awkwardly paced because of how old it is

It survives off of the nostalgic-cult following and bandwagonfolk.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think it's terrible. It's just not great.
>>
>>154425483
"Boring" is a state of mind, more so a criticism of oneself than of the given media. Learn to appreciate art and anime as a medium, then come back.
>>
>>154425483
I never got the hype honestly, it seems white people love it though for some reason.
>>
Its actually really good and mixes two of my favorite genres, but I personally didn't like the end.

I do think Samurai Champloo is better though
>>
Is it popular to hate Cowboy Bebop now?
>>
>>154425483
You are suppose to watch the movie and then just say is the best anime ever, fucking newfags.
>>
>>154434632
I don't see a lot of hate in this thread, it's mostly people saying it doesn't live up to its reputation.
>>
Kids these days have some shit taste, don't they?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.