[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

KANEDAAAAAAAAAAA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1489185021647.png (203KB, 444x312px) Image search: [Google]
1489185021647.png
203KB, 444x312px
KANEDAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
Fucking leafs.
>>
File: 1488287956367.jpg (269KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1488287956367.jpg
269KB, 848x480px
>>154425028
Yes?
>>
>>154425028
testuo jups are the cancer
>>
This scene scarred me for life.
>>
y-you can't just kill a character like that
how did they get away with this?
>>
akira is overrated.
>>
>>154425949
It's pretty rare to see it mentioned here without people call it a stupid style over substance raping of the sourcematerial.
don't see that about the Manga i personally found weaker
>>
File: kirin.png (1MB, 1245x900px) Image search: [Google]
kirin.png
1MB, 1245x900px
>>154426142
>spoiler
explain yourself
>>
>>154426557
I din't really enjoy the whole post apocalyptic politics part after Akira got free that much.
Since The character Akira pretty much did nothing i liked how they handled it in the movie.
I also didn't like a lot of other subplots and characters that got cut, like Lady Miyakos bodyguards, those miltitary guys, that nameless guy that led the Akira religion and probably a lot i already forgot.
I also think that the motivation behind Keis group was very unclear in the Manga, since they worked for Rat guy who worked for Miyako, but acted like Miyako was their enemy even though they just team up with her later.
It's also pretty weird that everyone was focused on Tetsuo not becoming "the next Akira" even though the actual Akira was still alive and nobody seemed to care when he appeared, Almost every main character had a chance to just shoot him, but didn't.
Chiyoko was a decent character though and Lady Miyako made more sence, not sure how i feel about the psychich kids here.

I just think the cuts the movie did made scne to get it to the runtime and almost everythign that was cut was something i didn't like that much. It's still a great Manga, but it felt a bit all over the placeafter Akira appeared, while the movie is just straight fun and action for the majority of it.

I have to admit though, i read the manga after watchign the movie and i'm generally not that much into manga.
>>
>>154426142
I disliked the ending to the manga. I thought it was stupidly handled.
>>
>>154427631
That part about Kaneda and the others wanting to keep up the great tokyo empire?
Yeah this was pretty stupid, basically just the author saying "anarchy is cool as fuck, just like my characters".
The movie ending wasn't perfect, sicne the children saving Kaneda specificly was pretty stupid, but the Cogito ergo sum thing they pulled with Tesuo actually felt like the story was building up to with it's evolution and religous themes.
>>
>>154427520
The characters are pretty muddy in both versions, yeah. They're both great works though, I just liked the scale and action in the manga a lot more. It seems like people usually prefer the one they experienced first anyway, so whatever.
>>
>>154426142
Didn't the manga push Tetsuo out of the way once Akira is awakened and the plot focused mainly on Akira?
>>
>>154428461
Akira doesn't do much in the manga after he shows up except explode once or twice, Tetsuo's in the spotlight pretty much the whole time.
>>
>>154428499
In the movie, it's a big point that Akira has "Ascended" beyond his physical form because Tetsuo can do nothing to harm him.

How does that work out in the manga?
>>
>>154428461
Akira is a cypher. Tetsuo is the main character of the comic.
>>
>>154428551
After Akira wakes up in the manga (he's not a bunch of organs like he is in the anime) he blows Neo-Tokyo up again because one of the esper kids is killed. Shit happens for three volumes and it ends up with Tetsuo turning into that blob monster and then exploding, and Akira along with the rest of the rest of the esper kids use their powers to cancel out Tetsuo's and they all ascend to a higher plane together.
>>
>>154428783
What happens to Kanaeda?
>>
>>154428863
Same as the anime, he gets caught up in Tetsuo's shit and pulled out by the espers.

You should really check the manga out yourself if you like god-tier action manga, there's tons of stuff that's different from the anime and it's worth the time to read.
>>
>>154428934
I hate how every translated version of Akira is flipped to left-to-right. I can take some liberal translations, but that's a deal-killer for me. Unfortunately it seems like nobody is interested in publishing it in the original order so I'll just have to learn Japanese instead.
>>
File: 3.png (256KB, 428x503px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
256KB, 428x503px
>>154429008
That's a shame, it's a pretty decent release despite the flipping and the retarded localized sound effects. Good luck with that nihongo, man.
>>
File: Kaneda.jpg (39KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
Kaneda.jpg
39KB, 500x329px
>>154425028
TETSUOOOOO
>>
>>154429008
Kodansha is putting out a proper version this fall
>>
>>154428783
They create new universes, or dimensions. When they "explode" its them opening a wormhole. Ascending and becoming a new universe or god or someshit.

The manga makes that very clear when kaneda comes back from the first pocket dimension akira made when he saw his friend get his head blown up. Time stopped for him cause he was stuck in the wormhole and came out later when the wormhole reopened again months later.
>>
>>154428660
>>154428499
Isn't the ending mostly just Kei doing psychic stuff while Tetsuo watches?
>>
>>154425949
>akira is overrated.
Wrong.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.