[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death March kara Hajimeru Isekai Kyousoukyoku

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 14

File: 016.jpg (656KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
016.jpg
656KB, 836x1200px
>new chapter
>it's fucking nothing
>again
Why is Kadokawa trying to push this shit so hard giving it an anime and publishing an English version? This is beyond vanilla levels of blandness, it's practically polystyrene. Will the anime of this kill the isekai boom at last?
>>
>Will the anime of this kill the isekai boom at last?
This is only the start.
>>
Manga outside of cute moments is pretty shit. It's basically a summary of the LN chapter and skips over content.
>>
>>154414791
>and skips over content.
I'm sure whatever they skipped was even more inconsequential.
>>
>>154414620
Still better than White Kingdom and Re:monster
>>
*raises paw* i like it
>>
>>154414620
>Will the anime of this kill the isekai boom at last?
You have no idea. I remember that thing selling almost as much as Arifureta even though its relatively new. It'll lead to more adaptions if anything.

I'm expecting it might even have Konosuba tier sales depending on how much they adapt.
>>
>>154414620
It's getting an anime?

What the fuck, there are better ones than this

New Gate!, Shield Hero, and Yuusha no Shinda, to name a few
>>
>>154415094
>Better than re;monster

Nah

But we should get a Kumo anime
>>
>>154416846
New gate is just SAOv2. Shield Hero will just be RE:Zero v2.
>>
>>154414620
They're still testing out the waters. Was the same for Konosuba with 10 episodes which turned into a hit. Then they went for Re:Zero that is a bit more easier to adapt compared to other shousetsuka stuff and now finally we reached a standard isekai adventure template. If this succeeds expect much more adaptions.
>>
>>154415094
>better than White Kingdom
As much as I dislike its bland MC and the general direction where everything works out for him its miles above this trash.
>>
File: TheMadman.jpg (137KB, 640x608px) Image search: [Google]
TheMadman.jpg
137KB, 640x608px
>>
>>154417353

That's a pretty good Osananajimi
>>
>>154417419
大賛成
>>
>>154416903
Shinda would be pretty fresh though if they can make the MC at least Kazuma level of quality
>>
>>154417491
I'll be sure to tribute on her all right
>>
File: BEASTLY.jpg (164KB, 640x942px) Image search: [Google]
BEASTLY.jpg
164KB, 640x942px
>>154415094
No, only retarded moral fags hate remonster.
>>
>>154417536
ざけんなてめえ
>>
>>154417554
My only complaint is that Re;Monster opened my eyes to the fact that a protag in a harem actually getting it on with all the girls is pretty anticlimactic
>>
>>154417603
No

Zazen u
>>
>>154417554
> I ate a rock,
> it was a good rock
> I gain skills from eating any weird shit.
Uh, no. People with some common sense would hate Re:Monster.
>>
>>154417419
You meant the best wife from the harem and the only one who still keeps getting development after marriage and having given birth.
>>
>>154418010

Well i didnt know any of that but im glad he dicks that one
>>
>>154417943
He gets stronger by eating things

It's a pretty simple and straightforward concept
>>
>>154418161
He goes full polygamy and marries the other 2 heroines as well thanks to which his family almost gets massacred.
Turns out a certain godlike being would die in the future because of his descendants and that he was trying to kill our mc by befriending him and secretly changing his fate all this time.

Really activates your almonds huh?
>>
>>154418197
> I ate a rock
> It was a good rock
> I gain powers through eating any weird shit
> Today, I had sex with a dryad
> Later, the harem got angry
> Soon, I did an orgy with all of them with alot of play
> I made an aphrodisiac and made the elves consume them and I ended up fucking a few in the process.
The narrative is pretty much the same. And you expect anyone to praise this piece of shit? For something as stupid as this?
>>
>>154418533
Funny how it all becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>154418598
And sadly this sells almost the same that tate or MT
>>
>>154418598
It's pretty funny how on point that is.

>>154419467
Does it? Haven't seen any indication that it's popular.
>>
>>154419539
Both MT and tate hit at least 1mil sales each recently i think.
>>
>>154419816
I know that but does RE:M sell like that?
>>
>>154419901
Don't know the answer to that one, sorry.
>>
>>154418598
So it did what it set out to do? amazing.
Do you go to sci fi series and complain about the lack of fantasy powers too?
>>
>>154420471
What kind of rhetorical question are you trying to ask here? The serie's premise and narrative is pure bullshit regardless of whatever intention whatsoever. It's shit, stop defending shit.
>>
>>154420471
>So it did what it set out to do? amazing.
Are you retarded?
He's point out how dry and unimaginative the narration is.
>>
>>154417554
>No, only retarded moral fags hate remonster.

Is laso hated by people like me, that find it extremely boring. And the sex scenes arent even that good.
>>
File: rimuru.jpg (595KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rimuru.jpg
595KB, 1920x1080px
Can rou defeat rimuru?
>>
>>154420471
Do you jerk off to videos of yourself jerking off? Sounds like something you would do.
>>
>>154417554
Anybody with a semblance of taste hates Re:Yawnster.
>>
>>154423799
Not yet, rou is still fodder compared to the great gods which gives him most of his op abilities.
>>
>>154427323
And rimuru has achieved or is close to achieving god-tier power. If he absorbs velda and all his power, he might as well be one.
>>
>>154414620
Manga is boring. It feels like a series of static illustrations to LN, not an actual story you can follow. All the nonstop menu menu menu stuff until way late into the story that doesn't really work from the 3rd person's perspective doesn't help either. I wonder how will they deal with it in anime.
>>
>>154427838
still waiting for satou [Poker Face] and screaming internally.
>>
>>154420471
You can't use "it's intentionally terrible" as an excuse for something bring terrible. It doesn't make it less bad.
>>
>>154414620
is the author seriously going to retcon every single death from the WN?
>>
File: 14.jpg (542KB, 836x1200px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
542KB, 836x1200px
>>154414620
Oh fuck this shit. WN is so much better.

>>154427955
And fuck this too.
>>
>>154427955
>>154428349
WN are rough drafts. When they are chosen to become professional works they are made into LNs and actually run through editing.

Any manga or anime adaptations are based on the published LNs and not on WNs.
>>
File: questionmarkbird.png (205KB, 463x325px) Image search: [Google]
questionmarkbird.png
205KB, 463x325px
>>154414620
How many more identical looking blond girls is he going to add to the party? Doesn't he have enough at some point?
>>
>>154427955
>>154428349
Wait, who's dead in the WN at this point?
>>
>>154428646
the rat and all the blonde dolls other than nana
>>
>>154428646
All the clones except No.7 for example
"I saved them all and they fucked off to travel for no reason" hahaha no
>>
>>154428602
Never enough blond girls.
>>
>>154428557
Thank you captain. My complaint is while there are certainly rough parts in the WN, most of the things they "fixed" in the LN became worse for some reason.
>>
>>154428874
Some things that might have relied on previous stuff happening before or context become altered as such elements do not end up happening.
>>
>>154428602
Pretty much all of them
I don't remember, was princess blonde?
>>
>>154429052
I think she was platinum.
>>
I've been following Death March for a year now, and all these web novels try to do everything.
I liked the series because it's slower slice of life pace with an OP character has had interesting scenarios.

But the current translated arc was fubar, you don't just throw in creation magic to an OP character, from something as simple as a fucking book. At least Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu rolled with creation from the start.

It's one thing for these series to have shortcuts, but it's another to give them a completely new fundamental power just because they were running out of ideas.

Anyways, all these novels are sharing the same ideas way too obviously, it's like the chinese wuxia situation right now since they've done practically everything.
>>
>>154428729
I did think at the time that taking them with him to his death was a bit too asshole a thing for Zen to do, resolution did feel forced though
>>
>>154430920
>since they've done practically everything.
No, they've done everything within the limited scope of "muh DQ JRPG sekai". There's so much beyond this that they could be doing.
>>
I dropped Death March when he had to cut off his arm because it was black.
>>
They could try something like

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?
>>
>>154431146
As far as I remember they were sort of disposable tools for him so it made a sense and it was one of the things that set the series apart from many bland generic isekai that are either edgy for no reason or too scared to do anything. Too bad LN editors seem to hate that.
>>
File: capture.jpg (38KB, 807x120px) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
38KB, 807x120px
>>154431586
I'm trying to stay positive I really am, but Japan always has to make it so hard.
>>
>>154431354
Agreed, there's nothing to stop their stories from heading into a more serious direction. An isekai where a person still gets weighed down by the problems of the new world, as he starts to make important relationships.

Unfortunately I don't see the writing taking itself seriously anytime soon. All it would take is a good dark fantasy Isekai that balances out the purpose and power for dimensional travel, while respecting the levels of potential strength of all creatures in that world.

That way when it comes to the MC having some OP as fuck weapon, there is justifiable reason why it came into their hands, hopefully beyond being a special snowflake, and a choice they made which gave them the opportunity.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing god tier rewards slipping through an MCs fingers, but they still achieve something better because those items were crutches that got people killed in the end.
>>
File: 1486631281294.jpg (780KB, 2496x1997px) Image search: [Google]
1486631281294.jpg
780KB, 2496x1997px
>>154432518
>All it would take is a good dark fantasy Isekai that balances out the purpose and power for dimensional travel, while respecting the levels of potential strength of all creatures in that world.
Literally The Faraway Paladin.
>>
>>154432518
I think the worst part is that the MC randomly has to always be ridiculously OP.

I started reading a commerce-focused one that looked quite interesting until the MC found out he was a genius at swordfighting and magic for literally no reason. I mean, what the hell.
>>
File: Yuusha bakemono.png (3MB, 1600x861px) Image search: [Google]
Yuusha bakemono.png
3MB, 1600x861px
>>154432518
>>154430920
>>154432580
I don't have much of a problem with an OP protagonist as long as it's something that essentially leads to a theme of power that can make people love or fear you. That is why Nanasawa's works is rather good in that aspect. In other words, a deconstruction that with great power becomes a story of fulfilling desire or with great power becomes a story of purpose. Only except Nanasawa's works is not isekai.
>>
>>154432871
Agreed. I love Death Flags, even though the MC is as OP as it can get. But it's become the standard to throw OP-ness in the novels for no reason at all.
>>
File: Battle.png (3MB, 1600x865px) Image search: [Google]
Battle.png
3MB, 1600x865px
>>154433033
It's the problem where being OP has problems solved too quickly. Again, Nanasawa's work with Kairin wo idaita shoujo had conflicts being solved rather too quickly, but Noel's character being the purpose for the pursuit of happiness and one of Nanasawa's best mc and probably better than Schera (who became death itself but followed her desire to eat) and Yuusha (who became the Hero despite the loneliness and fear towards her great power, she fulfills her duty as a hero). They were all OP but these stories are considered gems compared to the rest of syosetsu has to offer.
>>
How about The Lazy King?
>>
>>154417554
Past the first chapters it became really boring.
>>
>>154433033
I think the only reason I like Death Flags is the Harold-voice thing. Without that, the MC would be boring, this way at least there's that tension where you know the MC internally is trying to not be an asshole but then you get him saying asshole stuff.
Rest of the cast are forgivably bland.
I wouldn't be reading this stuff if it was originally written in english.
>>
>>154434580
>I wouldn't be reading this stuff if it was originally written in english.
I think I could say that about nearly all LNs I've ever read.
>>
>>154434654
Why is that the case for some reason?
>>
>>154416903
>Shield hero being Re:Zero v2
it doesn't have as much suffering as re:zero did.
>>
File: Death march +stuffed animals.jpg (116KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
Death march +stuffed animals.jpg
116KB, 500x733px
>>154414620
Nana and Karina are best girls. Arisa, Liza and Sera are good. Still no images showing Sistina though.
>>
File: Ringrande.jpg (227KB, 904x1380px) Image search: [Google]
Ringrande.jpg
227KB, 904x1380px
>>
>>154431855
Here's a better synopsis

>Five hundred years have passed since the humans went extinct at the hands of the fearsome and mysterious ‘Beasts’. The surviving races now make their homes up on floating islands in the sky, out of reach of all but the most mobile of Beasts.

>Only a small group of young girls, the Leprechauns, can wield the ancient weapons needed to fend off invasions from these creatures. Into the girls’ unstable and fleeting lives, where a call to certain death could come at any moment, enters an unlikely character: a young man who lost everything in his final battle five hundred years ago, the last living human awakened from a long, icy slumber.

>Unable to fight any longer, Willem becomes the father that the girls never had, caring for and nurturing them even as he struggles to come to terms with his new life, in which he feels the pain of helplessly waiting for his loved ones to return home from battle that his ‘Daughter’ once felt for him so long ago. Together, Willem and the girls gradually come to understand what family means and what is truly worth protecting.
>>
File: 2e111f81ca0ee3d5e82c2d219e.png (596KB, 545x639px) Image search: [Google]
2e111f81ca0ee3d5e82c2d219e.png
596KB, 545x639px
>>
File: 1485851692473.png (1MB, 1080x1598px) Image search: [Google]
1485851692473.png
1MB, 1080x1598px
>>
A Z E
Z
E
>>
Really trying to hold on to this manga, but the pacing of it is almost comical.
>>
So far I like this more than the WN, a lot of filler was cut but it's still too damn slow.
>>
>>154443979
But the "filler" is the meat of the story. Without that it's just another shitty, bland isekai. With all the scenes of buying clothes, the harem playing pranks on each other, and looking for the perfect pickles it becomes a fun slice-of-life series.
>>
>>154440219
Damn the LN art triggers me so much, faces in particular. I mean look at that huge, knife-sharp chins. That's borderline uguuu. I hope they fix it in anime.
>>
>>154445863
They used the manga art in the teaser, maybe they will stick with it?
>>
just don't read this trash.
>>
>>154414620
honestly i couldn't read anymore after the orphanage, after 13 novels of literally fucking nothing and halfassed SoL shit i just couldn't do it anymore.
theres literally no effort and its the same shit over and over and more and more cliches, god damn, its pure reckless insanity to keep following it after a while.
>>
I really want to know how the shutan and shupon poses look like
>>
>>154417615
It is pretty anticilimatic because the way it is being portrayed is on a journal/diary type of story telling which is just, today I xxxx. And diary type of narration tends have 0 suspense.
>>
>>154437008
I figured out several reasons why:
1.You're thinking in anime terms when you read it, there's usually some art there to encourage your imagination. So you basically fill in the blank spots in the text with whatever you like about anime.
2. These stories always play to your psychological triggers for power/sex/nesting/etc. I could go on, but Death March's cooking is actually a big part of the series appeal. And it's not just the cooking, he befriends everyone he meets, too. Huge dopamine release. Your subconscious can't tell reality from fiction so you feel like satou feels if the story pulled you in enough.
3. you imagine the girls being cute because they are anime therefore about 90% of that other shit doesn't matter as long as there's a cute girl involved in the story, somehow, as the internet and years of watching anime has frozen your mind into a state of perma-puberty.
>>
>>154417353
Muscle Eris is best tho
>>
>>154445863
>Satou wears something different every other chapter
>illustrator only draws him wearing the edgy robe
this bothers me more than it should
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.