[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dragon Ball Super any good ? Is it worth watching ? Any thoughts ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: DBZ_Screenshot_0268.jpg (38KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
DBZ_Screenshot_0268.jpg
38KB, 720x540px
Is Dragon Ball Super any good ? Is it worth watching ? Any thoughts ?
>>
>>154396384
The manga is much better than the anime, I won't get into what one is "canon" or whatever but the manga has a superior plot, characterisation and obviously can't have animation issues. Super itself is okay, feels like DBZ but a bit less serious and more silly kind of like DB.

If you're going to watch the anime just watch the first two movies first, see what you think and if you like it then start off from the Universe 6 tournament arc. The animation is fucking dogshit but it's went from absolutely terrible to almost acceptable tier in the current arc.
>>
No. Read the manga.
>>
>>154396384
It's trash, even the manga. Avoid it.
>>
>>154396384
>Is Dragon Ball Super any good
no
>Is it worth watching
yes

It's better than GT, don't let spic tell you otherwise
>>
>>154396384
Depends. Its disappointing considering how popular this series is and all the money it has at its disposal. Bad animation, bad art. Fight choreography is lazy, very little fighting tactics or strategy. Its stuck in the 90s but doesnt have the DBZ style.

OST is enjoyable actually. In good faith I say skip it, but if your expectations are low then it would help enjoy it. The slice of life fillers visit other characters in the show, if you care about that.
>>
start watching after RoF, you'll know for sure whether you like it or not after a few epsisodes
>>
>>154397032
This is what gets me. Dragon Ball is a huge property so why are they squandering it by producing it for so cheap?

Millions of kids all over the world grew up drawing DB and somehow they hired artist who can't even draw basic storyboards for the show?

Why are the nips so fucking cheap?
>>
>>154396384
Very few episodes are worth watching. Watch the movies first, skip the rehashed seasons 1 & 2, watch the finale of the Universe 6 Tournament( season 3), watch the last 5 episodes of the Zamasu arc (season 4) because they pad the shit out of it, the current arc is promising.
>>
No, it's not worth it. You will probably still watch at least a few episodes, but I'm just gonna tell you that it's shit.

The manga is okay though.
>>
>>154398883
Because little kids don't care about quality. And nostalgic manbabies will still watch it and buy all of their merchandise even though the anime is shit.
>>
>>154398984
I don't know if it's as bad as everybody says it is.
>>
The anime is terrible, the manga is tolerable.
>>
>>154398883
I know what you mean. Why would they fuck up such a good thing.
>>
>>154396384
It is a parody of itself at this point, and it's fucking trash, but I still watch it.
>>
>>154396572
pre much dis; watch the 2 movies, then Universe 6.

Apparently the Dragon Ball manga up until Super is the hard canon, while the anime isn't(End of Z is canon). During Super, Toriyama creates the basic plot outlines and has a direct say for certain instances in what stays/goes for the anime, but the manga is left to his understudy who wrote the fanfiction manga Dragonball AF. Super's manga is apparently "soft canon", like scenes we haven't see in the anime can be regarded as true but anything that contradicts the anime isn't.

I don't know. It's all a bit weird to me.
>>
>>154396384
I don't like the anime, but I watch it because I'm nostalgic
If you haven't seen the movies, just watch Battle of Gods and then skip the anime to episode 29 because the Universe 6 and 7 tournament is good
>>
>>154402588
You got it all wrong.
Toriyama is helping Toyotaro with the manga, fixing a few things. He always checks the manga before it gets published. Unlike the anime, where he doesn't even read the final scripts written by Toei.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.