[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I Am a Hero Manga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: download (3).jpg (10KB, 176x249px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
10KB, 176x249px
Lets talk about this great manga, any ideas about what caused the crisis? What exactly are the Kurusus? Who was the Kurusu who swallowed Hideo?Did you like the ending? Discuss.
>>
Bumperino
>>
>>154325209
>Did you like the ending?
I think we can all agree the last 10 chapters were a shit show
>>
>>154325442
>shit show
I liked it, I did not like the end due to the amount of questions I had unanswered
>>
File: images (1).jpg (15KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
15KB, 310x163px
????
>>
>>154325442
No we can't.
>>
It got cancelled, right? I don't mind when series end with some loose ends left untied. It can actually be a bit more interesting to leave things open, but the author here introduced way too many interesting concepts and then just seemed to forget about them entirely.

I don't even know what the ending was trying to say. That he hadn't changed at all and was still a miserable piece of shit? He didn't really seem miserable. That he could survive on his own because deep down he's an asocial, self-centered manchild? Dude made his own bullets and manages to be a successful hunter/gatherer. Idunno.

It was worse with the whole earthquake thing in the 3rd or 4th last chapter. Felt like he was actively teasing us. Shame it ended so bad cuz it was really fantastic for a while.
>>
Why did Hiromi want Hideo to suffer?
>>
>>154326967
I dont think it got cancelled, it was just a bad ending, did you understand the whole thing?
>>
>>154327252
she was a crazy bitch.
>>
>>154327252
Because he met Oda and they fucked.
>>
>>154325209
>Picture for ants
I liked its depiction of the virus outbreak. The running was kinda okay, though the zombies seemed quite overpowered. The merging and all that was kinda shit. The end was absolutely shit.

>>154325442
I agree.
>>
What was the point of Italy.
>>
>>154325209
>any ideas about what caused the crisis?
Reposting my theory from the end:

Alien DNA, RNA, pathogen, whatever - ends up outside of the atmosphere of a distant world. It floats through space over aeons; eventually landing on our Earth, through sheer coincidence. The alien genetic material is simply foreign to humans, so it inadvertently causes varied and disastrous effects when a human gets 'infected' by it. The bizarre, massive structures are formed for *no deliberate reason*. It's simply the "ordered" nature of being that inadvertently causes this genetic disarray to take up a semblance of 'intelligent design'. Snowflakes exist without intelligent interference, thus can this, too. As there is no point or direction to this apocalyptic change, nothing comes of it. Once the alien material had caused the great structures to be made, there were no longer any further mutations possible. The 'organisms', horribly mutated out of their natural state by alien genetics, die. The alien material, only present within the infected, disappears from Earth with the deaths of the massive structures. Those humans who survived this apocalyptic event will continue to live normally on Earth, and procreate, and revive technology, and rebuild the human world. Nothing has changed, because nothing has happened. This apocalypse was, in essence, little more than an 'advanced Black Plague'.

This is the true *darkness* of the story: this grand, dramatic and tearful eschatological climax had been nothing more than a cosmic coincidence which was but the size of a few molecular structures. Those whom had caused it will never know that it happened, and those who had been affected by it will never know why it happened; neither, ever, will either know of the other's existence.
>>
>>154326967
>It got cancelled, right?
The story arc directly informs that the end was had as it was meant to be written with no external pressures. Hanazawa spent seventeen volumes introducing and expanding upon the travails of an ensemble cast, then spent the next five, or more than a year's worth of development, bringing them into the same space where the story's climax could be reached. With this much time to a weekly series to wrap things up it stands to reason that the manner of the resolution, what was put down on paper, held the attention of the mangaka for at least that much time, and probably from the beginning, given that the arc's organic growth derived from the mangaka's own conceptualization, and was delivered with full consideration. If therefore there was something important which escaped your understanding, it's probably because you were keying on things that were unimportant, and that the material, at least the deeper meaning, was above you.

Which isn't at all a bad thing, or unexpected of the readership. Most good works are written to multiple levels of appreciation. At the very least, one could read the story for its unique art style, or the emotional impact derived from the horror narrative. Unfortunate that /a/ is chock full of literal children who'd rather reinforce the idea that what's beyond their level of appreciation is meaningless than try to work at uncovering that higher level, after having spent the whole while getting others to key on the wrong things. To wit:
>I wanna fug best grill Hiromi
Hiromi a shit.
>>
>Faglord constantly struggling with external pressures, outside motivations, societal weight, even in a zombie-filled world

>And then it stops and he is finally free to do whatever he wants

>This is when he is at his happiest

Makes sense to me. He never really wanted to be a hero.
>>
>>154325442
The chapters past 252 are translated?
>>
>>154329225
All the way to the end.
>>
>>154329225
Yes sire, look for mangahere
>>
>>154329271
>>154329291
What the fuck, I had no idea. The last chapter came out at the end of January for me. Mangareader is usually okay with keeping up to date.
>>
>>154326967
>>154328955
>I don't even know what the ending was trying to say. That he hadn't changed at all and was still a miserable piece of shit? He didn't really seem miserable.
At the end? No, he didn't. This begs the question, why not?

>It was worse with the whole earthquake thing in the 3rd or 4th last chapter. Felt like he was actively teasing us.
This feels like something which would be better understood by a domestic readership than us native english speakers. The nips have to deal with earthquakes all the time, and the absence of them for the duration of a long timeskip would be more unnatural. Rather, it was the earthquake which dislodged Hideo from his complacent existence sitting on a roof awaiting rescue, and puts him back into his world. When you are a people at the mercy of the elements, you'd tend to respect nature's power, and will get how it has the power to motivate. This isn't unlike what had gone on throughout the whole manga, Hideo (and everyone else) being motivated by what amounted to forces of nature. And its somewhat poetic that rather than the mysterious, fast-walking, biting-with-ominous-intent quasi-zombies, its the mundane which gets Hideo up off his ass.
>>
>>154328498
Prolly to shown us that this has also hapenned around do the world? To introduce another queen?
>>
>>154329315
Use fucking batoto.
>>
>>154329359
Batoto is shit, only has 262 and 264
>>
Should I bother finishing this? I was at ch. 203 when I lost interest.
>>
File: QjKhtCu.png (134KB, 1289x860px) Image search: [Google]
QjKhtCu.png
134KB, 1289x860px
>>154329424
There's no helping you shitters is there
>>
>>154329315
we've been having like a thread daily since it ended get ready to be mad at the ending senpai
>>
>>154329569
Ya got me, didn't realize I had to login.
>>
>>154329179
>Makes sense to me. He never really wanted to be a hero.
I don't believe that's exactly the right take. More like he's redefined his want from what he'd previously expressed, a concept as others would describe in conventional terms. Keeping in mind that in moon Hideo literally means 'Hero,' I'd say over the last several chapters his perspective evolves to the point seen in the last where he's measuring his own self worth--as opposed to being reactive to external pressures and outside motivations--to a definition found internally.
>>
>>154329851
>>154329324
>>154328955
>>154328731
holy fuck this much autism
>>
>>154330086
It's called critical analysis, anon, what one does when the topic of conversation is opened to discuss things. Autism, on the other hand, as the term its memeishly abused around here, is the inability to register an opinion in an acceptable manner. Such as

>I don't care for any of what you have to say so I'll label it autism
>>
>>154330086
To add, you only got a 3 out of 4 (You)'s. And in doing so, you missed that this >>154328731 bit of speculah is as good as any other, and in that it doesn't try to nail the environment down to a particular motivation, is probably way better than most. The "why" to the plague is immaterial, and for a horror genre, is better left unexplained. The effect of the plague is where the story lives.
>>
>>154329514
Two answers: why would you pick something back up that couldn't hold your interest in the first place? Also, just do it, you faggot.
>>
>>154328955
is this correct grammar
>>
>>154331274
Your sentence no. His sentence not really I mean it's fine and above ESL tier but he could have used some semi-colon at some points, and one sentence begins really wonky, but otherwise eh.

I mean really who gives a shit about semi-colons. And starting sentences incorrectly?
>>
I was reading this but dropped it because the characters we all a bunch of dumb fucker it ruined the immersion completely.

It was like watching Tron with old people who are ignorant about computers or technology.
>>
I'm not even going to bother finishing it.
>>
>>154331494
>I mean really who gives a shit about semi-colons. And starting sentences incorrectly?
Any who wish to avoid engaging over content.
>>
>>154331558
>I was reading this but dropped it because the characters we all a bunch of dumb fucker it ruined the immersion completely.
That's one of the greatest things about this manga. Immersion into a tale of a near extinction level event would not naturally revolve around a hyper-intelligent and heroic cast of plot-armor clad characters. It would revolve around the schmucks who just so happened to be left behind to their own devices when that exalted class failed off-panel at their calling to save the world.
>>
>>154331848
They are dumber than kinds.
>>
>>154332087
kids*
>>
>>154328731
So, the aliens got neutered like in The War of the Worlds novel? I mean, they couldn't survive in a modern urban environment, so it ended having a slow death?
>>
>>154332087
Skipping over the fact that there's a lot of social commentary going on peculiar to the Japanese readership (but not unknowable to foreigners) which sees characters react to situations in a absurd ways (Hideo and many others go a good long while before breaking from deeply ingrained cultural mores to observe a strict code of public politeness, for instance, or to respect privately held property or pay for services rendered), not in any real sense that will be important to their new world. The survivors avoided making gross mistakes of embracing human behaviors which brought on others the moral judgements of the world's creator.

But hey, if you don't like, you don't like. No one's forcing you to read it.
>>
File: IAmAHero_v03p083.png (628KB, 1123x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IAmAHero_v03p083.png
628KB, 1123x1600px
>>154332751
>pic related
>>
Author clearly didnt give a single fuck about any of this so neither will i
>>
>>154332751
Its shit, get over it.
>>
So, if that ever happens, we'll still communicate via 4chan?
>>
Should've ended at the Island desu. It would've been fine to leave Hideo on the note he was on, and then tie up the loose end of what happened to the people who survived the tower. But going back to Hideo in Tokyo felt like a tease for a conclusion we never got. As it is it just feels like it stopped instead of ending.
>>
>>154332702
No. My line of logic there is very much akin to the line of logic of a virus. If a virus changes its host to the extent that the host can no longer survive, the host dies. If the host dies, the virus in the host dies. A virus is different from a parasite in that the former has no "end-goal" of acquiring something from the host. It simply reproduces itself and modifies the host. Its "end" is to die. The only reason that all human viruses haven't died off is that they spread from person to person.

The 'infected' in the world of I Am A Hero are the only ones carrying the virus-equivalent so, when they all join into big amalgams worldwide, there can be nobody outside of the amalgams that has the virus. The big things die because there was, is and never can be a 'goal' for their existence. The fusion into the big structures is not for any survival purpose; it's just a result of the errant infection's prosperity. Simply because there's no 'goal of survival', the things die. The virus dies out within the things as, again, there's no other hosts. That's just the end of it.

This is something that could be replicated in a lab with insects or small animals if some sociopath scientist wanted to prove it.
>>
>>154327457
But he fucked Hiromi as well.
>>
>discuss
No reason to discuss when the author abandoned it all.

>>154325442
He was dragging it on for a while and clearly tried to tie it together too fast. The change in pace for the last couple volumes is really obvious.
>>
>>154325442
It's not that I disliked those chapters, it's more like, that's a pretty shit way to end this manga, especially with all the unanswered questions.
>>
>>154335375
Agreed. What's with the kurusu swallowed hideo?
>>
Hiromi was a waste.
>>
>>154339970
What did she do in the end that made people so upset about her?
>>
worst ending ever
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.