[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you learn Japanese from watching anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 97212.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
97212.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
Can you learn Japanese from watching anime?
>>
It can help with vocab, but doesn't do shit for grammar.
>>
Up to a degree.
You can learn things like vocabulary and grammar but it won't teach you how to read.
>>
>>154308274

No.

If anything you'll pick up the most common phrases and words in the language like ありがとう and 大丈夫 but it won't do shit for you in the long run.
>>
>>154308274
>using a picture from Viper on /a/

I see your game, Anon.
>>
>>154308274
No, but if you want to read vn in jap yes.
>>
>>154308274
It is a good incentive and help on the side but the bulk of the work must be done via some kind of program that covers everything from grammar to reading and writing (kana and kanji) and vocab. Otherwise you won't go anywhere.
>>
>>154308274
It's good for retention at the breakthrough between beginner to intermediate proficiency. That horrible quagmire of already knowing a lot of the very basic building blocks, but not enough to understand 90% of sentences fully, and the newest anki cards aren't being remembered for shit because you don't have any context to build off of. Don't forget to start the mining deck around that point.
>>
>>154308274
Can you be good at sex watching hentai?
>>
>>154308274
Yes audible japanese, actual written japanese takes years of practice if you aint a native nip.
>>
>>154310772
Also, do you really need to be able to write in Japanese those days? Like, reading and knowing how to type things on keyboard should be enough.

I mean, how often do you actually write down things by hand in your everyday life, apart from studying?
>>
>>154308274
Yes, with japanese subtitles.
>>
>>154311916
Being able to read what you write is probably useful.
>>
How much Jap do I need to know to play Viper RSR?
>>
It won't help at all if it's the only thing you do since it usually isn't translated literally, but it can help if you use it along with other, more traditional methods.
>>
>>154312546
Ghar tidjsh dptoe vjsue vvoo lkairops?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.