[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SciADV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: unnamed.png (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
50KB, 300x300px
Why is Steins;Gayte so popular?

>Back to the Future level time travel plot
>Hollywood love story
>Candid anime references
>Token 'gay' character

While the prequel however is riddled with anime and narrative meta, I don't understand. It's so generic it must be deliberate?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-23_22-27-25.png (369KB, 1158x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-23_22-27-25.png
369KB, 1158x768px
Since it's full of le pseudoscience and memes it attracted people who like memes, and memes basically act as really effective viral ads.
>>
Because it has the best anime adaptation that had enough episodes to cover the story of the VN in an anime format really well, while Chaos;Head and Chaos;Child's adaptations are garbage. VNs are extremely more niche anime, so if the anime adaptation sucks, don't expect people to be receptive to the source material.
That's it really, The benefit of a decent adaptation
>>
>>154264854
I'm going with the first post.
S;G took 10 fucking episodes to something happen and people only remember it for the memes.
>>
>>154263594
Steins:Gate also has gotten major VN releases on both the PS4 and PC which really open the floodgates for VNs
>>
File: 1482587099000.jpg (149KB, 1200x761px) Image search: [Google]
1482587099000.jpg
149KB, 1200x761px
>>154263594
Just watch Occutltic;Nine.
>>
>>154264958
And? That doesn't change that the S;G anime is better than C;H and C;C's adaptations, mostly because both Chaos; adaptations are fucking horrible and an insult to the VNs
I'm just talking about the adaptations here
>>
>comfy and cool Akihabara setting
>dope Okabe acting
>funny barrel boy
>ton of suspense
>cute tsun tsun main girl who is super intelligent and caring

ask yourself
>>
File: 1427990058189.jpg (106KB, 706x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1427990058189.jpg
106KB, 706x1000px
>>154266032
/thread
>>
>>154266032
What's wrong with C;C anime? So far is fun and isn't a trainwreck.
>>
>>154263594
What I don't understand is why Occultic;Nine flopped and why Chaos;Child is flopping.
>>
>>154266820
O;9 is flopping because Japs have shit taste and C;C is flopping because it's trash.
>>
>>154264958
If you aren't a teenager who watches Naruto then plenty happens in the first 10 episodes. I know you're used to shounen anime where people just start fighting for no reason, but generally good television requires an actual plot.
>>
>>154266820
Too few episodes for both. 5pb just doesn't care about any property that isn't S;G.
>>
>>154266820
Because Chaos;Head was the very first SciAdv franchise that got the classic trashy one cour VN adaptation treatment. And while Steins;Gate was certainly lucky enough to to get an extra cour to breathe and was a massive success because of it, they followed it up with another two cour adaptation of the worst VN to date.

So now we've gone back to the same old shit where they don't want to hedge their bets on another Semi;Colon series that isn't S;G and they certainly don't want to fuck with the Chaos; side again considering how much of a failure C;H was which was a result of their own shitty decisions.

O;9 however is largely shit taste on the nips' side as per usual.
>>
>>154263594
>Hollywood love story
>Candid anime references
>Token 'gay' character
I don't find anything of that particularly off-putting as long as it isn't executed badly.
In any case, I don't see how it's supposed to stop something from being popular.
>>
>>154266820
>What I don't understand is why Occultic;Nine flopped and

Maybe if it was 2 cours instead of one and not have everyone talk a million per minute
>>
>Hollywood love story

What do these words even mean?
>>
>>154263594
>Why is Steins;Gayte so popular?
>>Back to the Future level time travel plot
You realize Back to the Future is incredibly popular, right?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.