[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't there more fat, pathetic protagonists in anime/manga?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: ressentiment.jpg (48KB, 220x345px) Image search: [Google]
ressentiment.jpg
48KB, 220x345px
Why aren't there more fat, pathetic protagonists in anime/manga?
>>
>>154255800
Because the fat pathetic people who consume the media want power fantasies and escapism.
>>
>>154255800
I don't like drawing fat people.
>>
>>154255800
There aren't many fat, pathetic protagonists in most media.
>>
>>154255800
Why don't most movies, tv shows, and even news reflect that people are getting fatter and fatter?

The same reason why anime and manga won't have fat and ugly people are main characters.
>>
>>154255800
They're in a most doujins, however, so that's something.
>>
>>154255916
shitty american sitcoms mostly
>>
>>154256052
The fat man being the protagonist isn't rare, but it's a lot rarer than him being the antagonist.
>>
>>154255800
Do you know a manga that has a fat and unsuccessful protagonist who commits suicide but is reborn as a kid years before he fucked up in school?

He murders one of his friends because he got fed up with her too
>>
>>154256204
Oh yeah, the edge incarnate series with the tomboy murder and the time-traveling rape baby.
>>
Was there anything that had more balls about this than Wall-E?
>>
>>154255800
ressentiment was a great series
>>
>>154259126
Just finished it
I wasn't expecting the ending to be this depressing
>>
>>154259140
Takuro didn't deserve to be left like that
Also is Boys on the Run good?
>>
>>154255800
I really wish there was, so i can strive to not be like them in certain ways
>>
>>154259239
amazing, everything written by that guy is gold
>>
>>154260602
I am a hero ending left me unfulfilled but the ride was good
>>
>>154260954
It was the same for me at first. But thinking back to how useless and dependent Hideo used to be left me feeling nice. Comparing how he breaks down into hallucinations his first two nights spent alone and what happens by the end is fulfilling in itself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.