[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3-gatsu no Lion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

This show is incredible.

Why does pretty much no one talk about it here?
>>
>>154238891
boring melodrama
>>
Because /a/ doesn't talk about good anime.
>>
>>154238891
Not enough smug girls.
>>
>>154238891
Some people on /a/ have taste and don't mindlessly consume everything SHAFT shits out.
>>
>>154239200
>Not enough smug girls.
>>
A lot of anons seem to be under the impression that this series is fujoshit. Many also complain about the art style, slow pace, and lack of fan service.
>>
>>154239307
She's just putting on a facade. And she's not very good at it.
This is how you do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-nOHsiI7ng
>>
i'd do but its animation is shit
>>
>>154238891
Because it's not seasonal highschool slice of life crap and there is no fanservice.
>>
>>154239639
It's seasonal, it's slice of life, and it's highschool.
I'm not sure what show you think you are talking about.
>>
>>154239510
Those characters aren't similar at all
>>
>>154239742
I'm not comparing them.
>>
>>154239709
>it's highschool.
There's like 1 episode that actually takes place in high school
>>
Because he choose the wrong girl.
>>
>>154239452
>One guy with 3 girls
>fujoshit
How? I get that amazon dictionary anime may be mistakingly seen has fujoshit, but how is this? I don't believe you.
>>
>>154239764
The teacher is an important person to the protagonist.
>>
>>154238891
It was too real for me, so I dropped it.
>>
>>154238891
It's good in general, but some parts, or even some whole episodes sometimes, are just plain boring.

Especially those parts where he keeps moaning and complaining and talking to himself aimlessly, repeating the same shit for 10 straight minutes about what will he do in his life and what's his problem with the girls.
>>
I only liked the 3 sisters; I'd watch an anime about them
>>
>/a/ talking about anything good
>>
>>154238891
/a/ as a whole has some of the worst taste in anime I've ever seen. It's a shame since it's only been like this for a few years. This place used to have impeccably reliable opinions across all genre. Now they just spout venom to cover up the rack that they're the trash that reddit/MAL/Gaia brought in and stuck around.

3lion is great, don't let these fags get to you.
>>
>>154239930
I'd watch an anime about the girls and the cats' shenanigans
>>
>>154238891
It's because people constantly bitch about SHAFT ruining the visuals or some shit. I don't really care, it's still a great anime.
>>
>>154240109
100% agree
>>
>>154238891
As usual, /a/ shit taste in everything prevents them from enjoying it. They're too busy posting in Youjo Senki threads.
>>
>>154240320
The YS threads are full of crossboarders. Most of /a/ is elsewhere.
>>
File: 1476560115481.jpg (1MB, 1282x1411px) Image search: [Google]
1476560115481.jpg
1MB, 1282x1411px
>>154239930
Same, I don't mind Shogi but for it be focused on it, No thanks.

3 Sisters were the best thing about the show.
>>
File: layer.png (588KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
layer.png
588KB, 1920x1080px
The tone shift between drama and comedy doesn't work in my opinion, also it has lost some focus, the first few episodes were great but I don't feel it now. The visual allegories during the shogi sequences are repetitive and uninspired as well, Rei is drowning in his thoughts? make it so that he literally drowns in water. We get a sequence like this every other episode, gets annoying. The animation is awful as well.
>>
>>154240394
It seems like they have an interesting backstory too. What a shame
>>
>>154239786
I've seen several anons come to these threads and complain that 3gatsu is fujoshit because of all the male shogi player characters, and because the Kawamoto sisters aren't in every episode.
>>
>>154238891
Because we don't want it ruined by a bunch of weaboos shitty opinions.
>>
>>154239829
I think this series suffers from too much spoken monologue. I didn't mind it in the manga so much, but anime has more freedom with the added dimensions of movement and sound. Shaft should have come up with a creative way to show us Rei's feelings instead of constantly telling us through voiceover. Having constant voiceovers also disturbs some scenes that would benefit from stillness.
>>
Because MC is a lil fuckboy who cries every episode
>>
>>154238891
>This show is incredible.
It's not.
>>
I couldn't find the words for it (dreary and gray as opposed to colorful and bittersweet) but have you guys sometimes compared this show to Honey and Clover?
>>
>>154241033
It's written by the same author
>>
>tournament
>Shimada loses to the pedo
>this means he gets to fight the god king of shogi

I'd like it more if I understood anything about how the seeding works. Or shogi in general.
>>
>>154240566
>The tone shift between drama and comedy doesn't work in my opinion,

I have to agree. Seinen series usually does this, but it never really works without making moments unsettling.
>>
>>154241146
Shimada won against Gotou, retard.
>>
>>154238891
The show had a very weak start.
So we get a MC being all mopey and emo for no reason despite being surrounded by very positive and friendly people and we are supposed to sympathize with him?
Ever since it introduced actual obstacles for the MC to "fight" against and have a reason to feel sorry this anime has gone from being an almost dropped to something I look forward each week. Not-Asuka was the best thing to happen to this show.

>>154240566
> also it has lost some focus
I don't know how you can say that since it did the opposite, and has focused much more on shogi at the cost of cutting the 3 sisters.
>>
>>154241340
>So we get a MC being all mopey and emo for no reason despite being surrounded by very positive and friendly people and we are supposed to sympathize with him?
Yes, being surrounded by people who like you doesn't erase the trauma that comes from having an abusive stepsister and having your entire biological family murdered
>>
>>154241146
>pedo
>woman in her twenties
Kill yourself.
>>
>>154241340
The point of the series has never been about Shogi.
>>
>>154241426
It's about Shogi by categorization, but the true plot behind it just captivates more interest.
>>
>>154241406
Yes but at the start of the series we don't really see or feel that. His problems seems distant at the start.

>>154241426
Sure.
But the show has been even more focused on Kiriyama and on his grow during the second cour, cutting out the 'confy' sisters-related shenanigans.
>>
>>154240912
This post is literally this thread in a nutshell, which... I don't get why?

Sure the 3 sisters plot is much more engaging, but it made it clear from the start the series is about a teenager battling depression. It's a good narrative due to how Japan's youth deal with this similar struggle.

It's not like the plot goes nowhere, he develops into a better person in the manga.
>>
>>154238891
Because the manga is miles ahead and anyone that cares about the series has already discussed it before. The anime is not bad, but not anything amazing either. I definitely prefer reading the manga.
>>
Do you think we'll get season 2 soon?
Or should I just jump to the manga when this ends?
>>
>>154241146
Read subtitles and maybe you wouldn't have gotten things so wrong.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.