[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you say Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a good anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes.png (487KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes.png
487KB, 500x688px
Would you say Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a good anime?
>>
>>154223554
ye.
>>
it's actually the best anime.
>>
I had a really weird experience with LOTGH. I watched the first 40 or so episodes (Up until the cadet was watching history documentaries about what Earth used to be like), and then for some reason I just stopped watching.

I really fucking loved how epic the show felt, but I somehow just dropped it. I'm hoping to one day go back and finish it, as the show's soundtrack is worth watching it for that alone
>>
It's the only anime that I can spend hours bitching about its flaws while saying I like it at the end of the day.
>>
>>154223554
It is very boring.
>>
>>154224854
same here i watched 50 episode and i stopped for
some reason
>>
First half: Heil the empire fuck democracy
Second half: Maybe democracy isnt really that bad
>>
>>154223554
It's an astonishing anime, but the best part is 30+ first episodes, where everything about Empire, how shitty it was and how it was eventually reborn under a new leader.
That's the part, which shows like Code Geass or Valvrave desperately try to recapture. And for a good reason.

The rest... is still great. But it relies upon less exciting ways of storytelling and more on democracy-empire philosophical talk. It's not bad. but I can see why many would consider it boring.

I honestly love historic episodes. They are probably my favourite.

>>154224070
Big O is, but LotGH is like second best.
>>
>Talking heads, the show
I wish they actually had had budget
>>
>>154223554
Code Geass >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>>
>>154223554
Thumbnail makes it look lke that blonde chick has rocking tits
>>
yeah it's good
>>
>>154227209
>Big O is, but LotGH is like second best.
Are you me?
>>
>>154227279
>Talking heads, the show
I would watch a version of LoGH where the entire soundtrack is performed by Talking Heads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAtn6I5rbY
>>
First season: great
Second season: still good, with some annoying things here and there
Third season: Earth Cult? Really?
Fourth season: Just end already

Still a good show but overrated.
>>
>>154227209
>That's the part, which shows like Code Geass or Valvrave desperately try to recapture

Really? There are a million stories about empires falling and being replaced by new leaders. Both in Europe/America and Asia. You shouldn't try to put Legend of the Galactic Heroes on such a high pedestal that you ignore this simple reality. It didn't invent this type of premise in anime, let alone in fiction.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.