[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GUNNM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: battleangel_v8_013.jpg (132KB, 678x716px) Image search: [Google]
battleangel_v8_013.jpg
132KB, 678x716px
What went wrong?
>>
Ghost writer left.
>>
>>154194352
And it turned into space naruto as a result? Tragic.
>>
>>154194273
the tournament was too long and had too many shounenism

otherwise, nothing.
>>
Does a combat body really need that much insulation and padding over the heart and lungs?
>>
>>154194392
This. Mars Chronicles is too early to tell.

Also the art got worse
>>
It basically got to fucking grand for the original setting and premise, basically strived to be to much for it's own good instead of developing the original premise.

We have this strange forgotten robot that is reanimated in this strange postapocalyptic wastelands where there obviously is a power elite ruling over them from and untouchable sky. This is a good world that can be explored, the first part of the manga is great with the characters, relationships, troubles and hardcommings se encounters.
As soon as she is reanimated again in the upper world, shit becomes way to estranged to the original story.

TLDR: Author should just have stayed on the ground with the dystopian world and it's people instead of striving for an out of scope story with space vampires.
>>
>>154194432

As much as that face needs those dsl.
>>
>>154194858

Honestly, this. Powerlevels got crazy inflated as well.
>>
>>154194858
>space vampires.
It's fine, just spend two volumes explaining the history of space vampires.
>>
>>154194273
The sequels are pretty meh, mars chronicles is in an eternal flashback right now. Original is freaking amazing though
>>
>>154194273
Everything went right. We got a hollywood movie adaption coming. Actors already filmed all their parts.
>>
>>154195572
I doubt it can match up, especially if it's not a trilogy. Hunter-Warrior, Motorball and Agent segments should all be their own movie.
>>
>>154195572
You mean Elysium from 2013?
It's basically this but with Mat Daemon instead of a thick lipped hot robot girl.
>>
>>154195149
And yet Gally is seemingly at "normal" level at the beginning of the third arc, be it when she's fighting Erika equally or when the military captures her. It's like LO with all its powerups was never a thing.
>>
>>154196264
>It's basically this
Wrong, Elysium is just first world suburbanite guilting, evil whitey withholding magical cure robots from the third-world masses.
>robot girl
Wrong, she's a cyborg
>hot
Wrong, 6/10 at best.
>>
>>154194432
gally is a human being!!!
>>
File: what the fuck am I even reading.jpg (144KB, 721x1100px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I even reading.jpg
144KB, 721x1100px
>>154194858
One of the main problems of the series starting from the very beginning of last order is the unnecessary details and techniques explanations. Why the fuck does he need to complicate shit so much? I'm impressed by the effort but it's just nonsense at the end of the day, just shonen battle that is trying to pass off as more "mature" than it is. I reread it recently and was thinking i could try to understand it properly compared to when I first read LO when I was younger but I still couldn't understand half of the shit they were spewing.
>>
Kishiro almost died around volume 9, which is why the ending was so rushed, right? I think his illness or whatever permanently left him weakened and unable to put forth as much energy into the whole thing again, because you can see that the art got worse over those 5 years even though he added a lot of bells and whistles, and obviously the writing took an even bigger hit.
>>
>>154196698
Well, I think the art was at its peak at the end of Gunnm/beginning of LO, but yeah, it gradually became worse through LO and Mars' style looks way too clean.
>>
>Aqua Knight is on hiatus because of this garbage
>>
>>154194858
It doesn't feel like you could explore earth further without going up into tiphares. What happened to the world? What's the nature of tiphares? Why did Nova and Ido go down to the ground world? What's on the other end of the space elevator? We gained an understanding of the scrapyard and the surrounding landscape and started to have tiphares revealed to us, showing Lou and the other characters and their little slice of the world. The issue is just how everything was handled in last order, everything got way too shounen and over the top.

It also feels like the atmosphere totally changed, in the scrapyard you were totally dominated by this inscrutable sky city lending a very big mystique to the setting, but then everything sort of more took the tone of real life, with a great international and interplanetary community where everything between mercury and pluto was sort of laid bare. It was a while since I read LO though so I might be misremembering.
>>
Digital. When he switched to that it went to shit.
>>
>>154196932
LO and end of Gunnm have very different styles though. There was a 6-year gap between the end and start.
>>
>>154197032
there's literally nothing wrong with digital, it's the fault of the artist if it goes to shit
>>
File: v9.jpg (230KB, 798x1167px) Image search: [Google]
v9.jpg
230KB, 798x1167px
>>154197114
There does is a difference but it still had the same vibe and was his peak artstyle wise. Gally was also at her hottest.
>>
File: Lo1.jpg (197KB, 743x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Lo1.jpg
197KB, 743x1100px
>>154197237

>>154197032
Start of LO was already digital yet looked great.
>>
>>154194273
The author got testicular cancer.
>>
How is the Mars chronicles compared to the original and to last order? does it keep the shounenism of the latter one?
>>
>>154197337
What I read was mostly childhood flashback
>>
>>154197027
could have explored all the surface, gone to other continents and shit.
>>
>>154197442
sure but the dichotomy felt like surface-tiphares(and above)

it's not like tiph is just some locality, a space elevator is a planetary phenomenon, and it would always hang over their heads so to speak, it was inevitable
>>
>>154197337
it's awful

everyone feels like cartoon characters, it's so over-the-top evil
>>
Last Order just needed to be cut down by 2/3s but keep most of it the same
>>
>>154198040
most of it was bad though

or worse than it should be
>>
>>154196622
Sorry last order was too intellectual for you.
>>
>>154198719
>psuedoscience technique explanations
>intellectual
>>
>>154194273
Time.
Also, even though original manga ending felt rushed and all, it was okay. LO just flushed all of that down the drain, started from scratch it's own things and went into weird and drag out places. Mars Chronicles as far as I can tell is even worse.
>>
>>154196622
I like these part the most
>>
>>154199331
To be fair LO did right in scrapping the ending, that shit was like at least 3 volumes crammed into half a one. But it's inexcusable that they completely forgot about figure 4.
>>
>>154199728
Rather than being rushed the originally ending was way too sappy and cheerful for the setting. I much preferred seeing characters like the little camera girl back to living in a dismal mess.
>>
>>154199825
>muh grimdark endings
>>
File: battleangel-lo_v03_023.jpg (87KB, 663x1100px) Image search: [Google]
battleangel-lo_v03_023.jpg
87KB, 663x1100px
>>154195114
>those dsl

>tfw you will never hack Gally and show her what those lips are good for
>>
File: 1467407387045.jpg (434KB, 960x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1467407387045.jpg
434KB, 960x1400px
>>154194273
It went in the right direction.
>>
>>154194273
i was never good
>>
>>154201067
maybe you weren't, but gunnm certainly was
>>
>>154199825
Shit taste, the ending in itself with Gally getting a real body and F4 finding her was still great. Also, Gally nipple.

It's quite something how LO gave us pretty much the same scene at the end but it was complete garbage in comparison and just showed how the artstyle and Gally's look had gotten terrible. And no nipple.
>>
>>154194273
I kinda liked it but Gally her self was/is an utter shit character
>>
>>154202710
That's some amazingly shit taste.
>>
>>154202710
Why?
>>
>>154196441
>Wrong, she's a cyborg
She's 100% robot now m8ty
>>
>>154194273
the second half of LO and >mars chronicle
>>
Honestly, I would have like Last Order if it wasn't a direct sequel to Gally's story.

A ton of the character are fun and the fights are great, it just doesn't mesh well.

Should have just been a Sechs spin off.
>>
>>154202710
Well to be fair Yoko was an awful, horrible creature responsible for genocidal slaughter and the stagnation of humanities colonial efforts. Any faults in Gally's character herself is just her true nature shining through every other characters desperate attempts to make her not be a piece of shit.
>>
>>154196416
>when she's fighting Erika equally
More like getting rekt
>>
>>154195158
It was a point in which I basically started skipping pages to see if all the shit I was reading had any purpose, and then I stumble on the space vampires

Then, I realized this shit had overstayed its welcome a long time ago, and I was only pretending to like it because of nostalgia and baseless hopes for it to be good again. It got too ridiculous, like a child saturday cartoon of itself.

I liked the crazy technology, but I liked how Knights of sidonia or Ergo Proxy implemented it.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.