[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't robot anime popular in the west?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Why isn't robot anime popular in the west?
>>
Because everyone grew out of transformers and glorified toy commercials years ago.
>>
Because everyone grew out of transformers and glorified toy commercials years ago.
>>
>>
I was on the bus some months ago. There was a korean or maybe chinese kid sitting in front of me, looking at his phone. On the phone was a CGI pseduo technical schematic of some kind of spacecraft. There is a cultural fascination with robotics and machinery in Asia that we do not currently have in our culture.
>>
>>154155961

>>
>>
Anonymous 03/03/17(Fri)14:47:55 No.154157102▶
>>
>>154157713
kek
>>
>>
>>154155961
Why do they continue to produce stale mecha like Gundam when the apex of the genre was reached with Code Geass?
>>
>>154157869
>>
Seed destiny and E7 was pretty popular when it was on so I guess it has to do with children born 2002-2008 not being exposed to that at the ages of 5-9.
>>
>>154155961

Because it's childish
>>
>>154155961
>>
>/a/ is actually all botting

Makes sense.
>>
>>154161179
Giant robots beating the shit of each other is always fun, the problem is that in many cases people can't be assed to write a coherent story around them. What did we even have in the past year?
>Gundam IBO
S1 was mediocre as fuck, S2 has been an improvement but the biggest reason to continue watching (which was McGillis) has pretty much fallen apart. Tekkadan is garbage.
>Kuromukuro
This one was decent I guess, it could have been way better if they gave the other pilots development instead of focusing on the shitty school friends. God damn they were so irritating and worthless.
>Regalia
Who the fuck is the target audience of a combination of yuri, loli, and mecha? The 2D mecha and fights themselves were nice but everything else was forgettable.
>>
>everyone shitting on transformers
>the live action movie is an embarrassment to the series
It's a bad time to be a transfag
>>
>>154155961
because popular culture doesnt allow for gender to exist and liking robots are a male social construct.

though im pretty sure these shows are watched mostly by fujoshits and faggots
>>
>>154161513
>tfw you unironically enjoy Bayformers
Go ahead and call me a pleb you can't change who I am.
>>
>>154155961
MEGAS XL
>>
>>154161654
I won't judge you anon, everyone has their guilty pleasures. Just stay away from /tv/ unless you want to experience relentless bullying.
>>
>>154161654
I've only seen the first two or three but I liked them too
>>
>>
>>154161806
Yeah I know, at least planet of the apes is coming out this summer too.
>>
File: 1465059437483.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465059437483.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
>>
File: robot.png (1MB, 601x722px) Image search: [Google]
robot.png
1MB, 601x722px
>>154155961
Where is it still popular, OP?
>>
>>154155997
>>154157064
>>154157102
>>154157441
>>154157838
>>154158613
>>154161261
>>154161900
>>154162074
Is there a hot new meme I'm missing out on?
>>
>>154161654
It's ok if you like them, I've watched all the movies on release but I would never say they are good.
>>
>>154162097
Can the kid in white even see?
>>
>>154155961
Mech anime is pretty much the Japanese equivalent of superhero movies - full of flashy action without any coherent plot. Why it isn't popular in the West though is beyond me.
>>
>>154162363
I mean Power Rangers was pretty popular and that combined super heroes and robots
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.