[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honneamise Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Royal_Space_Force_Poster.jpg (28KB, 265x375px) Image search: [Google]
Royal_Space_Force_Poster.jpg
28KB, 265x375px
Watched this for the first time last weekend, I thought it was a pretty good movie, although some parts could have been handled better. A good ending, nonetheless.
So, what does /a/ think of Gainax's first feature film?
>inb4 someone posts the copypasta
>>
>>154010421
I'm interested in your perception of the infamous attempted rape scene since every single reviewer embellishes it incessantly
>>
>>154011381
not op but in my VHS copy from Manga Ent. it was deleted AND I'VE NEVER SEEN IT
>>
>>154011381
It seemed like it could have been removed and the movie as a whole wouldn't be affected. I would rather it had been expanded on since to me it was more or less unnecessary. Then again, I might have completely missed the point and it went over my head.
>>
>>154011711
it's a pity, since looking at it from different angles gives one a lot of insight on both Shiro and that girl, what's the name

>>154011766
note that she's somehow managed to earn a fair share of money and hid it in her boot, if I remember correctly, the kid's reaction to that speaks volumes too

I'm not trying to defend Shiro, more like trying to decode his betrayed expectations concerning that woman
>>
>>154011381
>>154011766
It showed that Ladat wasn't a hero and this whole mission might just be a total waste of money that could be spent on the poor, like that girl he was trying to rape.
>>
>>154011823
I was wondering about the significance of the money in her boot, thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>154012688
Hookers, prostitutes hide money in boots.
>>
File: 29891.png (2MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
29891.png
2MB, 1280x738px
>>154011711
>VHS copy
that's a shame because the BD is a real looker
>>
>>154012795
fuck they used to draw background art so beautifully
>>
>>154012746
That's what I thought when I first saw the scene, but it was never brought up again so I just assumed I was overthinking it. I guess not though.
>>
>>154012795
it was in 1998 so BR wasn't an option, I'm going to buy it now
>>
>>154010421
One of my favorite movies. Really just the last 30-40 minutes are spectacular and the movie up until then is ok. Once the war-mongering, sin, and history themes come together it's beautiful. Gainax is god.

>>154011381
I felt like it was supposed to tie into the theme of sin and it was justified by the main character losing his sense of self after realizing he was being manipulated for political means. I wish they had used something other than rape to get the point across but it worked fine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.