[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FullMetal Mandela effect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

I may be going crazy here, but I loved Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and thought I vividly remembered the opening of the first episode as being a very graphic one of Edwin and Alfonse trying to resurrect their mother.

Am I thinking of another series, have I just gone crazy?
>>
yeah, it had a hardcore screamo song to it
>>
The very first scene of the first episode though, it was them transmuting their mother, graphic, extreme.... Now the first episode is starting with them in the military. I'm lost
>>
FMA 2003
>>
>>153994871
The first episode of Brotherhood is Ed and Al trying to catch that Ice Alchemist.

The scene you mean is in episode 2 or 3 when their past is explained.
>>
Never watched 2003, I apparently don't remember this beginning section at all, I could swear that the first scene of the beginning of the series itself was to graphic transmutation attempt
>>
Second episode over ten minutes in they show the scene, I remember it at the very beginning, before the opening credits even. Watched the first scene of 2003 and that definitely wasn't it either. I was a huge pirate back then, probably watched it several times, after having originally been shown it at a friend's. I have over a terabyte of anime and Fullmetal is missing. Even this scene in episode two is definitely not what I am remembering
>>
>>153995268
>The first episode of Brotherhood is some stupid anime original bullshit that doesn't add anything and shouldn't fucking exist
FTFY
>>
>>153997345
Yeah, that Isaac guy figuring out Father's plan or at least coming close to realizing was dumb as fuck. If they wanted to foreshadow that better, they needed a saner character and a better written episode.
>>
>Basque Grand in the manga shot and killed his corrupt superior officer and tried to end the War in Ishval early and shielded his comrades during war time
>Basque Grand was a turbo douche in 2003
>Brotherhood barely shows him at all aside from him getting killed by Scar

I'm still mad.
>>
File: 2c8.png (660KB, 680x1102px) Image search: [Google]
2c8.png
660KB, 680x1102px
>>153994871
My momma says this is satanic
>>
>>153997588
>Satanic
>the end of the series is literally Ed accepting his human limitations and surrendering his power to what is essentially God
>>
File: suc.png (155KB, 363x420px) Image search: [Google]
suc.png
155KB, 363x420px
>>153997345
>The anime thats supposed to follow the manga better starts with filler.
>>
>>153997502
Not just that, but shit like Bradley showing off in the first fucking episode totally ruins the surprise later on.

>>153997536
He worked better as a total douche. In general a lot of the earlier stuff worked really well in 03 and not so much in Brotherhood. Hell I'd argue 03 did the first part of the story better than even the manga, but it fell off pretty hard at some point.
>>
>>153995268
Wasn't the this scene in a movie?
"Star something" where Blood was the main plot point
>>
>>153997345

>implying 2003 eps. 1 and 2 weren't pointless either
>>
>>153997838
They aren't, they're a great introduction to the series
>>
>>153997780
Sacred Star of Milos? That movie was dumb. The alchemy just became magic by the end, and then there were the werewolves and ugh.

>>153997838
Weren't those the episodes with Father Cornello? They were pretty important.
>>
>>153997838
They are at once an easy introduction to the setting of the show and a set up for the war that later takes place in that same city
They aren't pointless in any sense

And to be fair even if they didn't do what the manga later did with that set up, they did use it in 03 too
>>
File: 1463245508370.jpg (46KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1463245508370.jpg
46KB, 500x374px
>>153998044
>ugh
>>
File: puppy-chan.jpg (41KB, 586x717px) Image search: [Google]
puppy-chan.jpg
41KB, 586x717px
>FMA 2003
>Better directing, animation, soundtrack, humor, and characterization than Brotherhood
>Brotherhoodfags can't refute this
>>
>>153998557
Would you prefer ellipsis instead?
>>
>>153998720
I don't remember 2003 too well, admittedly, but I remember being annoyed that the "final battle" was

>Ed goes to Dante's lair
>Envy kills him
>Envy leaves
>Dante conveniently dies offscreen
>Ed comes back to life
>>
>>153998720
I mean, it's pretty much agreed that 03 was a better adaptation than Brotherhood before it shits the bed and went full original.

If they didn't go with the dumb original story, even cut short, /a/ would've probably unanimously regard it as the better anime. The problem is, that retarded original story is there.

And even after all that, the manga is still better than both anime anyways.
>>
File: fullmetal_alchemist_fma.gif (3MB, 310x233px) Image search: [Google]
fullmetal_alchemist_fma.gif
3MB, 310x233px
>>153995268
Yeah that first episode was fuckin atrocious.Not only did it copletely ruin the Ed's big reveal of why he is called fulllmetal during the chimmera fight, but it also ran every single running gag(Al being mistaken for the Fullmetal alchemist and Ed being short), right into the fucking ground.Also What was the fucking point in revealing Bradley as a fillain right from the start.
>>
>>154002612
>ruin the Ed's big reveal of why he is called fulllmetal

Yeah, I don't really understand why they did that either. There was no need for it. You could've just spent the whole episode assuming Al was some guy in armor and just focused on Ed's unusual ability to do transmutation without a circle.
>>
>>154001854
>the first part of 2003 is great, but the later bits are dumb
>the first part of Brotherhood is dumb, but the later bits are great

Cutting Mei's introduction, the train fight, and a number of other things was really dumb.
>>
>>154003136
>but the later bits are great
Wait what?
2003 shat the bed in the last couple of episode, Brotherhood just went full retard with the shounenshit fightscenes with aspull powerlevels, awfull humour and deus ex machina ending
>Let's punch god with the power of friendship
>>
>>154003523
Father as a whole wasn't really impressive for me, I'll admit, but I liked things like Scar vs. Bradley (or really anything with Bradley), Al against Pride and Kimblee, Mustang vs. Envy, the Armstrongs vs. Sloth, etc.
>>
File: 1440877829229.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440877829229.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>154003617
The battle in the second half really dragged it down for me.Yeah the animation was pretty nice, but they simply dragged fo too long and weren't very imaginative.Bro-hood Ed just used the same exact tactic of "let's punch stuff"over and over again.The 2003 Ed tried to fight creativelly like his fight with Sloth where he turned is blade into sodium making Sloth explode and then he transmuted her into Ether so she evaporated.That was some really smart thinking on his part.Brotherhood lacked those type of momments.
>pic related another great fight scene - short and to the point
>>
>>154001854
Did you know Hiromu Arakawa actually requested they change the story in FMA 2003, and loved the changes?

>>154003976
This. A lot of the fights in Brotherhood are boring as hell. It's like Edward Elric thought that he was Saitama from OPM. Fight scenes like that webM show why I'll always love the 2003 FMA much more.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.