[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Describe the theme and main message for Vinland Saga.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Describe the theme and main message for Vinland Saga.
>>
Viking berserk and war can corrupt even the purest of shotas
>>
>>153922184
Rape as much women as possible while you are young to spread your seed. Then when you become older settle down, shun your previous violent ways and marry a cute tomboy waifu. This time you can raise you children too, and ensure that they follow in your footsteps.
>>
Change, moving on, and the journey
>>
File: はははは.png (380KB, 894x693px) Image search: [Google]
はははは.png
380KB, 894x693px
You can't change human nature.

Thorfag will die in the end, right after breaking the NAP and initiating force against other people one final time.
>>
It's a Christian Redemption tale, common in the West but rare in Japan
>>
>>153922459
Hild and Leif are the only christians in the group tho.

Man, I want Hild to be the endgame, but historically we already know that Thorfinn marries Gudrid. So unless they pull a switcharoo on us and it turns out Wide Eyes is the historical Thorfinn, it can't happen.

Admittingly, so far Wide Eyes interacts with Gudrid more than Thorfinn does currently.
>>
>>153922417
But Thorfinn is a historical figure. Same as Canute.
>>
>>153922692
I'm not saying they all have to convert. I'm saying the redemptive story arc being told is one that has roots in Christian literature
>>
>>153922743
There are two Thorfinns.
>>
>>153922768
Ah, fair enough.

Yeah I don't really see that many redemption stories like this in manga. Especially that actually take the time to fully establish what the character is being redeemed for instead of it just being backstory.
>>
>>153922743
>But Thorfinn is a historical figure

Nei det er han ikke.
>>
>>153922910
...Yes he is?

The story has given us 2 thorfinns, so the explorer could be either one of them, but (a) Thorfinn and Gudrid are historical figures.
>>
>>153922184
"Remember, you have no enemies."
>>
>>153922910
>Impliserer
>>
>>153922814
That's because their common theme is mono no aware. The whole, I wish this would last forever cherry blossoms thing
>>
>>153922910
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorfinn_Karlsefni
>>
>>153922958
Nei.

>>153922972
Ta deg sammen.

>>153922996
>en.
>>
>>153922184
Adventure is the prize!
>>
>>153922184
You can't just kill your way out of your problems.
>>
>>153922985
What does that have to do with redemption stories?
>>
>>153923738
You can't just run away from them either.
>>
>>153922184
Crops take a loooooong time to grow
>>
>>153925645
More like fields take forever to deforest
>>
Hox, when is the new chapter?
>>
PTSD Kurt Cobain trying to make ends meet in the age of Vikings
>>
>>153922184
Vikings are awesome.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.