[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? It was supposed to replace steins gate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: Occult-Nine-reviewe.jpg (219KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Occult-Nine-reviewe.jpg
219KB, 1400x700px
What went wrong?

It was supposed to replace steins gate
>>
>>153917538

The show got in it's own way with the shitty wittiness of the dialogue. Should have just played it straight.
>>
>>153917538
You should be asking what went right instead. This show is a fucking mess
>>
File: 9e747d173340916d83bf725cbeeb5443.jpg (192KB, 850x1164px) Image search: [Google]
9e747d173340916d83bf725cbeeb5443.jpg
192KB, 850x1164px
>>153918034
>>
Absolute garbage with all nonsensical technobabble and typical sci;adv scientific references that will make your eyebrows twitch on how stupid they are. ED was great though.
>>
>>153917538
the ADD structure of the dialogue and the cow tits made me drop it two episodes in.
>>
File: 1486022111037.jpg (641KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1486022111037.jpg
641KB, 1200x1600px
Never forget.
>>
I didn't have enough Adderall to follow the dialog.
>>
Ridiculous exposition and an absurd amount of technobabble that stretch incredibly the willing suspension of disbelief.

The basic idea is good, but when your 12 episode series has more than one hour of technobabble and exposition added together, there is a problem.

The show also had the Shinji Ikari MC problem. A boring, whining main character who pussies out in almost all situation, and is still the center of all attention because he had some poorly defined 'power' that makes him the keystone to all.

Bad MC, bad expo, bad pacing. Good ideas all around, but can't fight against the overall shittiness of the execution.
>>
>>153919478
this. it simply wasn't entertaining to watch with the subtitles going at mach speed
>>
A device-driven plot which has you asking 'but what's the fucking point of that' with each plot tweest ruining the mystery by constantly invoking completely unpredictable shit that comes out of nowhere aside from some very obviously foreshadowed elements.
A shallow cast of characters whose actual relevance to the plot is just to divulge information to the main characters only to get dropped like a rock.
Hyperactive cinematography and talking speed which is like a kid on caffeine trying to grab your attention, only resulting in most viewers being unable to grasp the specifics so the director could distract everyone from the fact that most of it is incoherent technobabble.
And a really fucking silly ending. It isn't even the true ending, you have to play the VN to get it. One largely hyped up character flat out disappears into the fucking air at the very end without ever being explained what her actual deal was.
>>
File: 1483212175335.png (1MB, 1600x686px) Image search: [Google]
1483212175335.png
1MB, 1600x686px
>>153919408
How can I?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.