[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /a/ like uncle Go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_7005-1280x854.jpg (238KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7005-1280x854.jpg
238KB, 1280x854px
Does /a/ like uncle Go?
>>
everyone likes based uncle Go
>>
I've never actually read any of his manga. I have seen some of the anime based on them and I've enjoyed them to various degrees. I think Getter Robo Armageddon might be my favorite that I've seen.
>>
>>153897581
Getter Robo was Ishikawa Ken's work Go just helped him out by helping it get published and giving him tips most notably making the Getter Jets instead of the cars he originally planned
>>
>>153896525
He's not a meme like Miyazaki or Tomino so /a/ for the most part doesn't care.
>>
Love his work. Too bad he can't end some stories properly. Susanoo had some great build up, with almost a thousand pages of work, only for it to "end," abruptly.
>>
>>153897748

Can we talk about how shitty Arc was instead, and how we'll never get proper closure?
>>
>>153896525
ITT: a lot of italians.
>>
>>153896525
He's pretty much the happiest out of the old guard.

Perhaps because the way he handled manga was the way the anime industry went.

Fun fanservice in the midst of edge.
>>
>>153896525
Yes, OG Mazinger is unironically one of my favorite giant robot designs.
>>
>>153898021
Nigga, Uncle Go's responsible for shit ton of the stuff that eventually become memes here.
Ever complained about ecchi shit? The guy's the one who pushed for a bunch of lewd shit in his time.
Ever complained about edgy shit? The guy's works can get pretty damn edgy when it needs to.
>>
>>153899274
That only makes him a meme by proxy.
>>
>>153899171
>the happiest
No that's definitely Kawamori.
>>
>>153899291
Or maybe it's because a significantly large portion of /a/ have never touched his works. A lot of the bullshit meme "criticisms" thrown around here applies to a lot of his works as well.
>>
>>153899171
Tomino seems to still have fun if Greco is any indication
>>
>>153899274
>that part in the grendizer manga where the badguy stole a mazinger and strapped children all around the exterior so every time he got hit kids would fucking die
Modern mangaka wish they were half as edgy as this mother fucker
>>
>>153896525
Im still mad at the cliffhanger of Shin Mazinger

Sequel when
>>
>>153899563
This, Tomino gained his reputation for being depressed and killing everyone but he actually seems pretty happy these days. Or even much earlier, Turn A wasn't nearly as half as dark as his UC stuff.

Not every jii-san is Miyazaki-tier bitter.
>>
>>153899110
Romix last year was insane
>>
>>153899597
>HE STARTS PUNCHING WITH THE KIDS STILL STRAPPED TO HIS FIST
Jesus Christ Go
>>
>>153896525
He's the reason Eva exists, so yes
>>
>>153902069
Half the reason. Miyazaki being the other half.
>>
File: Devilman.png (1MB, 1524x2156px) Image search: [Google]
Devilman.png
1MB, 1524x2156px
He's getting pretty cuhrayzee lately
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.