[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain why Japan seem to find loud, obnoxious, mentally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

Can someone explain why Japan seem to find loud, obnoxious, mentally retarded characters so endearing?
>>
>>153843759
To them they're americans speaking japanese.

All three of those characters are immigrants.
>>
>>153843759
Because deep down we all wish we could be loud, obnoxious, and mentally retarded yet still be regarded as the "main character" of our own stories, so to speak.

When in reality if you're just one of those things, let alone all three, no one wants anything to do with you and you're almost guaranteed to die alone.
>>
>>153843759
They're the antithesis of the normal japanese man. Free and unhindered.
>>
>>153843759
Ameriphilia
>>
>>153843759
Japanese power fantasy.
>>
It's not that they're retarded, it's that they're simple with their motives. Are you a friend? You're cool with them. Are you hurting others? That's no good. Do you need a helping hand? Excluding Luffy, you need not worry. They don't need a complex reason to do things, they just do it, and people acknowledge their straightforwardness.
>>
>>153844107
>Excluding Luffy, you need not worry.
New Goku is a fucking retard manchild with no respect to anyone/anything whatsoever, he could let thousand die for a good fight.
>>
>>153843759
they can relate the most
>>
>>153843828
>When in reality if you're just one of those things, let alone all three, no one wants anything to do with you
>tfw there is one exception to this sad rule
you can get away with shit like being loud, obnoxious, and mentally retarded if your a very attractive girl, because men dont give a shit about your personality when your hot, but other than that your correct.
>>
>>153844566
They relate with their exact opposite?
>>
>>153844520
>thousand
Make trillions of billions.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1187x716px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1187x716px
Are you implying this is unique to Japan?
>>
File: gon.png (264KB, 1280x791px) Image search: [Google]
gon.png
264KB, 1280x791px
They're endearing and relatable
>>
>>153844756
Those shows satirize and make fun of those characters, don't glorify them.
>>
>>153844873
Who said anything about glorification?
They're endearing. A character needs to have flaws like the OP listed or they wouldn't be interesting
>>
>>153844829
Gon is a little different, if memory serves me correctly.
>>
>>153844756
Notice how these are all father figures.
In comedy they tend to be made into bumbling retards because the patriarch is still an intimidating figure.
>>
Why do they all have comically large appetites?
>>
>>153845999
>>
>>153845999
Because the Japanese never get tired of eating up the same "funny" quirk for thousands of times.
>>
>>153843759
But Naruto isn't retarded. He is loud and obnoxious.
>>
File: bitch480.jpg (38KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
bitch480.jpg
38KB, 480x270px
>>153843759
>why Japan seem to find loud, obnoxious, mentally retarded characters so endearing?

I don't know. But you're right, they sure do love the tsundere archetype.
>>
>>153843759

Because it is something Japanese people want to be
>>
>>153843828
You certainly could be, look at Trump.
And several other famous people.

You just have to have talent to justify it, which everyone int he OP does.
>>
>because they're the opposite
>they wish to be that way
EVERY TIME this comes up, every single time. I don't think anyone on this board ever spend even a second talking to a Japanese person.
>>
>>153843759
Easy, because they're made to appeal to children. If you like that kind of series, you're either an obnoxious child or an autistic manchild. On the contrary of moe series, where the only possibility is that you're are a sweaty virgin with a dakimakura.
>>
>>153850068
What is your take on it, if you don't mind my asking?
>>
>>153850068
Are you saying that the japanese aren't sad submissive drones?
>>
>>153843840
>>
>>153844520
>new goku
This is what america thinks
>>
>>153843759
It doesn't need explaining.

Anyone who's not 15 has that insight into the shounen MC archetype.
>>
>>153843759
It's not so much Japan as it's Japanese little boys.

And it's not so much Japanese little boys as it's literally just little boys.

Seriously, take a look at western (or just about wherever) cartoons and tell me how different their leads, or most popular characters are.
>>
>>153844756
God fuck Kevin Smith I hate that fat fuck. How the hell does he keep getting work?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.