[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood is idolizing Simon. Adulthood is realizing Rossiu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 27

Childhood is idolizing Simon.
Adulthood is realizing Rossiu makes more sense.
>>
>>153838143
No. Rossiu was a fucking idiot.
>>
>>153838210
Simon was fucking stupid. There was no reason to destroy the anti spiral thing.
>>
>>153838553

The Anti-Spirals were trying to exterminate humanity, you mong. Someone attacks your people, you find them and put them to bed with a shovel.
>>
>>153838553
Except the fact they were gonna kill humanity, I guess you're right, there was no reason.
>>
All ages is realizing Nia's death is an asspull, makes no sense thematically or within the logic of the show, is only foreshadowed within the episode it happens, is handled terribly (their last romantic vacation is exclusively panning over still images), and retroactively ruins at least all of the whole adult Simon arc and possibly the whole show.
>>
>>153838143
Rossiu was fucking retarded.
>>
>>153838642
Nia is an antispiral construct meant to screw with humans if the anti spirals lost it means she no longer has a use and thus must be terminated.
>>
>a guy I knew for a month is my biological brother
>spiral power will destroy the universe!
>we'll prevent this from happening by using spiral power!
>I'm just going to kill this planet here and destroy a few million galaxies to prove I'm seriously going to save the universe
>be4 u die we should get married
>>
>>153838553
Simon's plan was to fight back.

Rossiu's plan was to float around Earth until it became habitable again after the moon made contact with but a small fleet of Grapearls to defend them from the copious amount of enemies that were coming from space.
>>
>>153838735
>I'm just going to kill this planet here and destroy a few million galaxies to prove I'm seriously going to save the universe

It's an aritificial world created by the Anti-Spirals. It's not likely that those galaxies were inhabited
>>
ROSSIU LIED PEOPLE DIED
>>
>>153838711
a separate entity is not necessarily contingent on the existence of its creators to exist, and it's arguable that since the anti-spiral were so completely destroyed there's nothing around to force the termination of her existence, also if that was the case she would be have been dead immediately
>>
>>153838989
>it's arguable that since the anti-spiral were so completely destroyed there's nothing around to force the termination of her existence

That's not how the relationship worked. In this case, the death of the Anti-Spiral was an equivalent to unplugging. The "laptop's" battery life was vastly short, however.
>>
>>153839312
*unplugging a laptop
>>
File: LSbhGvn.png (739KB, 807x454px) Image search: [Google]
LSbhGvn.png
739KB, 807x454px
Childhood is idolizing Satsuki.
Adulthood is realizing that Takarada was the real hero and actually did more than her to save humanity.
>>
>>153838143
Rossiu was weak, a pussy too scared to fight for the chance to protect everyone, even if it's a small one
>>153839480
He was always a best
>>
>>153838143
You can make as much sense as you want, but they were living in a world where doing the impossible was actually possible and common sense regularly goes out the window. Being logical in an illogical world doesn't work.
>>
>>153838739
How are you supposed to defend against dimension warping creatures
>>
>>153838143
Teens are trusting in Rossiu

Adulthood is knowing the Anti Spiral was right
>>
>>153838143

Rossiu was basically meant to portray a dictator. People who like Rossiu are communists.
>>
>>153840834
>People who like Rossiu are communists.
Wtf I love Rossiu now
>>
>>153838989
Nia is just a self aware A.I not a real person her first personality is basically her sleep mode meant to fool humans intk trusting her and not detect she isnt human. The remorseless bitch is the real Nia.

Simon was in love with an illusion.
>>
>>153840908
I've always been incredibly confused by her as she was supposedly born normally like the rest of the Spiral King's children right?
>>
>>153838143
you need both, preferably more balanced inside one person
>>
>>153840877

Well to be accurate, he was more like a capitalist dictator like Pinochet.
>>
It made sense if we were applying real world logic to it. They literally had power that came from having a strong will, and fighting spirit, so he's a humongous fucking retard.
>>
Why didn't Rossiu just fake Simon's execution?
>>
>>153838735
that's not what that means
>spiral power will destroy the universe!
>we'll prevent this from happening by using spiral power!
it probably won't, if it does it's proof that the only that can doom us is us
it's kind of in keeping with how the show goes
>be4 u die we should get married
this actually happens
>>
>>153841073
Rossiu didn't know that

His biggest fault was living in a world where you can kick logic to the curb.
Then you have the Spiral Nemisis and that shit
>>
>>153841212
He still tried to kill his best friend, who made their current city and conditions possible, by making use of him like a fucking disgusting vermin.

I don't know about you, but that is not something you do, you can apply all the logic in the world to it, but he wouldn't not sitting pretty and making retarded orders if not for Simon.
>>
>>153840649
You don't. You take the fight to their homeworld.
>>
Childhood is idolizing Ryuko.

Adulthood is understanding that everything Satsuki did was correct.
>>
>>153838735
This shitpost has made me much more mad than it should have
>>
>>153841365
Ah yes in the pocket dimension where they are essentially gods
>>
JUST finished GL. Probably one of my favorite animes. What a fantastic show
>>
>>153841289
Rossieu didnt want to spare Simon because the citizens would chimp out.
>>
File: ttgl.jpg (851KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
ttgl.jpg
851KB, 2016x1512px
>>153838143
Childhood is buying toys

Adulthood is amassing collectibles
>>
>>153840953
Wasn't she like something passed down in DNA that the anti-spiral activated, how they got it to be in someone's DNA to be passed down in the first place is beyond me, but it's something like that as I remember a comment by the anti-spiral on their messenger being the Spiral Warrior's daughter
>>
>>153841366
See
>>153839480
>>
>>153841557
It's one of the most complete and satisfying shows to watch. Down side is there's nothing really to discuss except how cool it was

On the flip side exists NGE. It's hard to say which I like better
>>
>>153840953
Yes. The Anti-Spiral even mentions her being born to Lordgenome in the final episode, which leaves me to assume that the Anti-Spirals planted the sleeper program or whatever in some woman's ovaries.
>>
>>153841212
Back in the day I think the formulation went like this: Rossiu is a real robot character in a super robot show.
>>
>>153841681
up drills vs down drills

why the movies are suck
>>
>>153841681
>It's one of the most complete and satisfying shows to watch. Down side is there's nothing really to discuss except how cool it was
I couldn't agree more. One thing I really liked was getting really attached to Kamina and having him die and the creators still be able to make simon that much more likeable towards the end,.

How long is NGE? I don't want to watch something that's a million episodes. I did that with JoJo 3 and that shit was drawn out as fuck for what it was.
>>
>>153841783
26 + movie.

No one knows where rebuild is going yet but the first 2 are mostly the same stuff.

Note that unlike GL, Eva doesn't really... have a real solid ending
>>
>>153840908
Ah, but the illusion was able to remain in the world long enough to marry Simon even after the fake version disappeared, because of fighting spirit.
>>
>>153841649
On a side note can we acknowledge how cool Lord Genome is?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1e2CiFbmQEg

If I hold ask for a spin off Series for anything it would involve him/his back story

>>153841557
Oh hey Parallel works are a thing if you are craving more TTGL
>>
>>153841880
No because the illusion is self aware and not just a program one could say Nia was glitching the moment her sleep mode personality kept taking over her real personality.
>>
>>153841783
Roughly same length as GL

There's a few extended cut episodes for almost an episode more of stuff

There's a movie, because they fucked up the budget really bad with their last 2 episodes

Pic related
>>
>>153841885
No, no spin-offs

Also Lordgenome is extra cool because unlike Simon who's just a brawler, Lordgenome was also a scientist who basically invented immortality
>>
>>153841972
Sorry that's a thumbnail

Also Rebuilds are nicer looking but pretty soulless. Pretty bad but sound amazing
>>
>>153841783
>How long is NGE?
26 episodes and then watch End of Evangelion after
>>153841557
Watch the two films, they're re-caps, but have extra fight scenes, easily worth watching imo, and yeah ttgl is fucking amazing
>>
>>153838143
Well, childhood is idolizing Kamina to be specific but point taken. The series agrees, that's why Simon is a old hobo while Rossiu is the president of humanity or some shit.
>>
>>153841885
Never got round to watching Parallel works but man that was cool.
Show's how powerful Simon is that he did what Lordgenome couldn't with that massive fleet.
Kamina saved the entire universe by wanting to go to the surface, but right at the end it was still Lordgenome which is cool.
A series about the original war vs the anti-spiral could be pretty cool
>>153841984
>Lordgenome was also a scientist who basically invented immortality
He did create the tools Simon and co. used to win yeah, and invent immortality? Is it just spiral power or am I forgetting something as to why he's like a thousand years old
>>
>>153842203
I don't think it's confirmed that Lordgenome invented the Lagann/Gunman. In fact, doesn't the parallel works show that he discovered the proto-lazengan?

He's a superbiologist and created the beastmen
>>
>>153842203
Hey since you're coming off the series can you list your favorite characters?

I'm always curious
>>
>>153842234
>>153842203
Also he created Viral's immortal(?) body
>>
>>153839480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93oihEbeKmw
>>
>>153842234
Yeah I was thinking he found the Lagann for sure, but I'm pretty sure he built at least the Space Gunmen cause he mentions how they were built for space combat
>>153842246
Wasn't me that was the one who had just finished it
>>
File: Kaname_Ohgi.png (240KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kaname_Ohgi.png
240KB, 1280x720px
Childhood is idolizing Zero.
Adulthood is realizing Ohgi makes more sense.

Remain loyal to a shady leader or sell his ass out for your country, your comrades, and the woman you love? Not even a hard decision.
>>
>>153842526
FUUUUUUUUUUCK OHGI

Man, Kallen was the only good one of the group. I doubt it'll happen, but if Kallen somehow ends up endgame in R3, I'll be over the moon
>>
>>153842526
>Remain loyal to a shady leader or sell his ass out for your country, your comrades, and the woman you love? Not even a hard decision.

Don't glorify him, it was solely for chocolate pussy.
>>
>>153838623
>>153838625
That's why they tried to fucking capture it to study it and figure out how to beat it, not fucking destroy it and wipe out half the city and telling the rest of them to come here and fuck shit up.
>>153838739
How do you fight back against things you can only beat with one mech and when you do it wipes out a multi-mile radius of everything around it? Rossiu was in the right to try and survive.
>>
>>153838143
Rossiu makes more sense, but he lost his way. Despite all of his impulsiveness, Simon was a better person for not losing hope as easily. Once Simon got a grasp on the situation and let Rossiu finish his temper tantrum, he went out and got shit done.

Kamina, while fun and silly, is only idolized by manchildren.
>>
>>153843392
They really did drop the ball on Villetta's development. The only thing that really changes about her is that she falls in love with Ohgi. Otherwise she's exactly the same as she was at the start, just a social climber trying to become rich and powerful.

And in the end she gets just that.
>>
>>153843444
I think we are supposed to see the Kamina is basically just an idiot with lots of bravado. He is good at inspiring his teammates, but thats about it. And he knows it, hence him always trying to encourage Simon to grow a pair.

Apparently he had one of the lowest potentials for spiral energy of the entire cast.
>>
>>153843592
His giga drill breaker is the smallest one in the series. But its also the first.
>>
Childhood is idolizing discussion.
Adulthood is realizing dubs makes more sense.
>>
>>153843662
Aren't all the other ones done with bigger drills as well?
>>
>>153843805
Erhm, bigger initial drills is what I mean there, rather stupid otherwise
But no, Simon definitely does a giga drill breaker with regular Gurren Lagann so I don't know what I'm on about
>>
>>153838143
>>153843444
>Warned when one million people reach the surface the moon will kill everyone
>Forcefully move everyone to the surface to make sure there aren't secretly one million people down there even though it was specified they would need to be on the surface to count on the doomsday clock

No, he was an idiot
>>
>>153843444
People need a leader

He may have been bullshitting his plans but he was the first person to rise up and take a stand
>>
>>153841488
It worked, didn't it?
>>
>>153838143
Rossiu was a fucking cunt and the show didn't have the balls to let him an hero like he deserved
>>
>>153838143
Rossiu only makes sense in a world where enemies aren't explicitly defeated by nonsense.
>>
>>153844887
Lordgenome's warning doesn't mention anything about the surface.
>>
>>153841681
you can also discuss how much better Kill la Kill was
>>
>>153844887
I counted people underground. It never said anything about the surface. He wanted them above ground so they could count up. It reached 1 million before they could count because those fuckers kept going underground.
>>
>>153841822
Well, EoE is about as definitive an ending as there ever has been. It literally is an end. To Evangelion

Sasuga Anno-san
>>
>>153845144
The only really unreasonable thing he did was sentence Simon to death. Otherwise he was being perfectly reasonable if misguided.
>>
>>153844887
the warning was word salad from an ancient dying despot
>>
[nu-metal starts playing]
>>
>>153845129
Only once the absorbed a Big Bang's worth of energy that could destroy the universe did they reach part of their power
>>
>>153845317
I like Kill la Kill, but it isn't really cant compete going over the top in the same way TTGLdoes

And also the general message of believing in yourself
>>
>>153838143
Childhood is knowing OP is a faggot.
Adulthood is realizing that OP is still a faggot.
>>
>>153845425
How is that unreasonable though? If he didn't the population would have gone mental. It was the only way to actually make them calm down given how much they hated Simon after he blew up half the city.
>>
>>153845181
well he was kind of the audience surrogate in that way
he's basically "what about the forms afterwards?" made flesh
>>153845144
it's part of Simon's ascension and the show communicating what it's about
they show pretty starkly that logic and a measured and formal approach are not going to help them any more (which is why they skipped the rebuilding) and Simon embodies that by saving the logician from himself
also they needed him later, when his contribution was useful again
>>
>>153842246
not that /a/non but i also just finished it yesterday. Id say simon is my favorite character, or at least the one i can most relate too. i was sort of pussy growing up but i had some friends who encouraged me to grow a pair and man up. not the best story but whatever

I really liked the dynamic between simon kamina and yoko. it was one of the better handled love triangles ive seen.
>>
>>153838143
Is it still "make sense" if you make sense in a world that doesn't make sense?
>>
>>153845691

>bowing to the desires of an emotional and angry mob

Wew lad
>>
>>153845691
what about life in prison? what about faking the execution?
>>
>>153845790
even when it's not a democracy, everyone with authority ultimately rules by the consent of the governed
>>
>>153845752
Shame it was over as soon as Kamina died. Tho I guess Simon probably would have had too much baggage to pursue Yoko considering his angst over Kamina and Yoko indirectly lead to Kamina's death.

And I guess Yoko was probably too disgusted with all of Simon's moping after the fact. And then he met Nia and that was the end of that.
>>
>>153845791
I think Rossieu would be against the latter just because it would feel like corruption to him. I'm sure Simon would probably say the same thing.
>>
>>153840834
the Feddies were assholes too though
>>
>>153845791
>faking the execution
I'm fairly certain that was the plan.
>life in prison
Probably not enough. The people were calling for his head. Rossiu had enough to deal with already given that Simon is pretty lazy, but with a pretty much rebellion about to start that's just more problems he doesn't want to have.
>>
>>153845984
Dunno, he showed a fair amount of angst for someone who planned to not go through with it completely. Especially since he was totally gonna kill himself. I think his sense of duty would have made him go through with it even though he'd hate himself for it.
>>
>>153845816
Yeah, i dont think it wouldve fit in well with the series but seeing some more of their relationship wouldve been nice. I was sort of hoping once simon manned up yoko would fall for him but youre right about the baggage that would bring.

yoko doesnt seem to do many of the gags that are super popular. likewhen simon landed on her breasts and she didnt freak out and hit him.
>>
Rossiu made sense but he forgot he was in a show where making sense is less viable than not making sense.
>>
>>153846034
Yeah, I actually appreciated that. I think those gags are pretty tired desu

Like I liked that even though he freaked out a bit about landing face first on her breasts, she was more concerned with the looming Gunmen
>>
>>153846048
To be fair he never fought directly with Kamina
>>
>>153845791
>what about life in prison? what about faking the execution?
He couldn't because Simon would steal back GL and start causing massive collateral damage again. Which would totally prove he was still alive and discredit Rossiu enough to put revolution back in the deck.
>>
>>153846112
The problem was Kamina didn't actually have the power to back up his words. He knew that perfectly well, but if he was the only one doing what he said, the rebellion would have died a quick death.
>>153846135
Which is what he did anyway even with a death setence, so Im not sure thats a valid counterpoint.
>>
>>153846095
i typed another line saying how she was my 2nd favorite because those tropes werent there but mustve deleted it. i hate all of them.

stuff like that happens a few more times in the series, like the bathhouse episode.
I loved how "row row fight the powah" changed over time and matched with who was leading.
Wish i was on /a/ when it was airing, i can imagine how fun the threads were
>>
>>153846264
Im pretty sure it was a guilt based suicide attempt, not a "I'm a laughingstock" suicide attempt

Especially since Simon gave him the whole "You can make up for your mistakes" spiel
>>
>>153846017
>Especially since he was totally gonna kill himself
I'm fairly certain that was because despite the fact that he spent 7 years building up Kamina City alone due to the fact that the rest of the crew really didn't do anything and Simon was the same, and now despite that he's the one being treated as the idiot while he's trying to save as much of humanity as he can. He even resurrected Lordgenome who ended up being the only reason the crew got out of the 9.5th (or whatever it was) dimension and yet people still say Rossiu was useless.
>>
>>153846280
Yeah, the changing title cards were pretty cool and liked the progression to actual lyrics in the eyecatches when they are just instrumental at first.

Hell, thats one thing I really like about TTGL. The sense of progression. It has really small beginnings but eventually grows into something super huge and crazy and rediculous.

Like at first all they have is the dinky face robot, then they get the gurren which is kinda crappy. Then they fuse. Then they get the army of gunmen. Then they get the battleship gunmen. And it just keeps growing and growing. And it never feels like a bad case of powerlevels because its a continual gradual growth and the fact that it gets rediculous is the point.

I think the thing that hammers this home the most is how in the finale you see the Gurren Lagann break down piece by piece until just the Lagann is left and does the first finishing move Kamina did where he just threw the Lagann's drill form at Viral in like ep 3.
>>
>>153846180
>The problem was Kamina didn't actually have the power to back up his words

He had Simon though. Also pic related
>>
>>153846401
see >>153846351
I do think it was a guilt based suicide. He did what he felt he had to do even though he knew it was wrong and that Simon didn't deserve to die.
>>153846486
Wasn't that just Simon's spiral power after the peptalk?
>>
>>153846461
>until just the Lagann is left and does the first finishing move Kamina did where he just threw the Lagann's drill form at Viral

I also find it pretty fucking cool that they had Viral doing that after they lost the helmet

then in Lagann-Hen it's literally just him and his fists
>>
Why does everyone love Kamina so much? He was actually getting on my nerves a bit before he died, so I didn't really care that much when it happened
>>
>>153846573
Eh, I felt the tv show version flowed better. The punches were certainly meaty and well animated, but I think it was more satisfying to end with the drill impact with the lagann. in the movie it was like "Oh, I guess its not over yet"
>>
>>153846510
I think it's probably a combination of both. Both at what he had to do but also largely due to the fact that everyone he trusted and everyone that trusted him ended up hating him.
>>
>>153846589
Mostly because hes just a huge over the top idiot who somehow manages to inspire the army.

He is definitely an idiot and the show doesn't want you to forget that. But he was inspiring enough to get the ball rolling on the revolution.
>>
>>153846461
i think you nailed it. all the little parts come together perfectly.
All the stuff you said, the episode name being read off by different characters during different arcs.

>>153846573
the hypest ive been in years man. that scene was great.

>>153846589
why was he starting to upset you? him and simon were an awesome team. he pushed simon to keep going, and kamina kept acting all cool because he didnt want to look weak in front of simon/other, mainly simon. A+ team work
>>
>>153846638
Overall yeah with each piece rushing them, but I do like the idea of it
>>
>>153846589
He's a bro__________
>>
>>153846180
>Which is what he did anyway even with a death setence, so Im not sure thats a valid counterpoint.
He couldn't have faked it or he'd be exposed as a cheat and the peoples hate would be on him, and the revolution is back. But you're looking at it with hindsight and the expectation that Rossiu's choices actually mattered.
>>
>>153846690
I mean it certainly was cool. I just think it was completely unnecessary.

Also I thought how the robot broke down was less exciting. Just them shrinking the enemy drill one by one was less visually interesting IMO

It looked pretty for sure and in another context I would have loved the fist fight.
>>
I watched the movies recently, and other than skipping ALL the essential character development, they try hard to make Rossiu seem like less of a cunt.

Didn't like them.
>>
>>153846510
Spiral Power by definition is creating mass and Kamina does create the drills
>>
>>153846766
Im just saying the argument that life in prison would have been a bad decision for Rossieu to make because Simon would have broken out is a faulty one considering he broke out anyway with a death sentence. So no matter what choice Rosseiu made, Simon could (And would have) broken out. The only way it would have mattered was if they had carried out the execution immediately. So that shouldn't have factored into Rossieu's decision.

Also I hate typing out Rossieu, all the vowels at the end bug me.
>>
>>153846401
he brought back Lordgenome in secret because he knew no one would like it and it might backfire
hell, until they actually won some battles I thought it would backfire too
come to think of it, the least sensible thing he did was the most important and impactful thing he did
>>
>>153846839
True. He wasn't completely without spiral power. He just bottom tier in his amounts of spiral power.
>>
>>153846820
Because Rossiu isn't a cunt?
He was directly involved in the fight against the gunmen and he was piloting the Lagann (or the Guren, I forget). He was even there with Simon when they reached Lordgenome.
Then, 7 years later we find that Rossiu was working his ass off to make Kamina City great while Simon and the rest of the crew lazed about doing nothing most of the time. Rossiu was by far the best character in the show. My personal favorite was Lordgenome. He was in the right in episodes 14 and 15.
>>
>>153846863
Dude, I'm just explaining why the dude did what he did. And that even though his reason and logic were sound.
>>
>>153846968
And Im just saying I don't think "Simon could break out" factored into his decision.
>>
>>153846925
That's not what I meant.
His motivations make sense from a purely logical perspective, but the movie goes out of its way to remove nearly all scenes which could make someone dislike him, while also skipping his past which explains why he acts the way he does.
>>
>>153846988
I think he knew that when the chips were down and there was another attack as long as Simon was alive he'd have been a part of that fight.
>>
>>153839480
When I was younger, I liked Ryuko for being such a rebel and disliked Satsuki for being a snob. Now that I'm at the tender age of 22, I realize Satsuki was the best of them.
>>
>>153847033
Well he waited until the fight was basically on them to execute Simon. If he had tried to do it like immediately, then I'd agree with you.
>>
>>153846589
he is charisma personified, blind unapologetic charisma at that
>>
>>153847018
What exactly is there to dislike about him though, just saying that he was going to execute Simon? Nothing else comes to mind.
>>
>>153841557
Watch Kill la Kill next if you haven't already.
>>
File: 1470180015591.jpg (30KB, 539x552px) Image search: [Google]
1470180015591.jpg
30KB, 539x552px
FACT: The second arc was stupid.
>>
>>153847144
How can you not see why the average viewer would initially dislike him?
It's intended to look like he's betraying Simon for PR.

That's not even the point of my post anyway, you haven't addressed anything I said about the movie.
>>
>>153846898
Isn't spiral power fighting spirit? In which case how the hell is Kamina bottom, and where's this from, someone said it or am I forgetting something from the show
>>
>>153847076
Well he also may have wanted to prove that not even the president was immune to the buracracy of justice and then put a rush on when the anti-spirals started showing up. Although I will admit its been years since I last saw GL and I had forgotten that Simon had been imprisoned for more than a few hours before the AS showed up to wreck shit.
>>
>>153843592
Kamina's power was to infinitely increase the power of his allies. He's basically the ultimate support.
>>
>>153843395
>Rossiu was in the right to try and survive.

He wasn't because there was absolutely nothing he could have done. Once they launched into space they were literally sitting ducks.

Rossiu would have noticed this if he wasn't having too much of a great time stroking his own ego about how he was saving the entire human race and using Simon as a scapegoat.

Rossiu may have been right in a less ridiculous setting but considering Rossiu saw Kamina/Simon turn a seemingly impossible situation into their favor, it's actually retarded that he didn't try to bet on them again. Reminder Rossiu also had a FRONT ROW seat to that since he was the one co-piloting with Simon vs Lordgenome.
>>
>>153847159
KLK is nowhere near TTGL, other than a similar animation style.

The setting is awful, it's bad at handling the tonal shifts, and the stakes are never raised.
>>
>>153847215
Honestly, Kamina aside, I felt the first arc was the weakest. Once Simon stopped moping, I generally enjoyed the second arc was the beginning of when GL became great

Also I like the first part of the second half.
>>
>>153847144
He kept a lot of secrets from his friends, im pretty sure he pushed for gunmen to be decommisioned, and his plan to save humanity was stupid.
>>
>>153847313
Well, you're wrong. I don't know how to sugarcoat it, you're just plain wrong.
>>
>>153847253
Kamina was mostly just showboating. He was trying to raise everyone's confidence around because he secretly was insecure.
>>
Yeah, his plan to escape to space surely worked out, didn't it?
>>
>>153847295
Wrong. I just rewatched KLK after rewatching TTGL, once you factor in the OVA, KLK is almost on the same level. Hell, in one area it exceeds TTGL without question is the soundtrack which is half of the experience of KLK.
>>
File: Rossiu.Adai.full.196698[1].jpg (35KB, 645x700px) Image search: [Google]
Rossiu.Adai.full.196698[1].jpg
35KB, 645x700px
Kept waiting for Rosseiu to get in Xenogears and stop Miang
>>
>>153847394
>Almost on the same level
Sure

KLK sound track is do die for though you're right about that
>>
>>153847360
It was a decent idea, but unless you can punch the unpuchable you dun fucked in this world.
>>
>>153847295
I can acknowledge your points but the stakes one, they don't go the entire universe and beyond but it grows from revenge backstory to freeing the entire planet from mind control clothing[\spoiler]
>>
>>153847215
>>153847313
>only first and second arcs
>implying there aren't four
there's Kamina and Simon striking out, there's Simon and Rossiu and Nia getting to the Spiral King and taking him down, there's Rossiu and Simon dealing with a less exciting world, and there's Simon and pretty much everyone trying to save humanity and Earth
>>
>>153847394
>soundtrack which is half the experience of KLK
Case in point.

>>153847550
By raising the stakes, I simply meant that they don't have the balls to kill off a main character.
>>
>>153847544
>decent idea
Where the fuck did he thought the Anti-spirals would come from? His ass?
>>
>>153847638
This.
Each of the 4 arcs has a different person read the episode title.
Kamina
Nia
Rossiu
Simon
>>
>>153847638
I know. I was saying I really started enjoying it in the second half of arc 2. And I actually enjoyed arc 3.
>>
>>153847215
You mean time skip or post Kamina
>>
>>153847687
there was also the clip show where they had Viral read the upcoming title and description
>>
For how much I love this show I found Nia and Yoko to be both incredibly underwhelming compared to the rest of the cast

Can anyone else relate?
>>
>>153847704
Time skip.
>>
>>153847230
I haven't watched the movies, only the series so I can't say anything about them.
>>
>>153847806
I waant a huge fan of nia but yoko was one of favorite characters. She managed to dodge a lot of tropes and how simon, kamina and her acted together was great.

She sort of played second fiddle to anybody with a gunman though
>>
>>153847806
The side characters (other than Rossiu and maybe Viral) are all pretty poorly developed.

But this isn't something you'd watch for the writing anyway.
>>
>>153847550
>going from wanting to go to the surface you don't even know exists to saving the entire freaking universe
Beautiful.
>>
>>153838143
Rossiu was in the wrong fucking anime. He needed to be in a real robot show, not super.
>>
>>153847655
>Case in point.

That's not a point for your argument. While TTGL had a grand coming-of-age story you could really mull over, KLK had a soundtrack that made you FEEL. And an anime focused on women should make you FEEL all sorts of things.
>>
>>153847897
I mean she stopped being relevant once Kamina died

Although she did have a very good debut for the first 3 episodes. I don't know why she became a school teacher but I enjoyed it. Then in space she was just there
>>
>>153847060
22 is still a child's age.
>>
>>153847969
>KLK had a soundtrack that made you FEEL
Feelfags please go.
>>
>>153848023
I sure hope you're not in your 30's and discussing Japanese cartoons with high school and college students instead of taking care of your children and fooling around with your wife.
>>
>>153847908
Yeah but to be given the same status as Kamina (in the intro) and doing jack shit bothered me

I found Kittan and Lordgenome enjoyable also
>>
>>153847655
Oh then I agree with you in that point...

>Senketsu

Even if 2 minutes before end and the only one it counts for at least something right?
Kaminas one was 20x better in comparison but it wasn't KLK being bad but GL being too good.
>>
>>153848014
>I don't know why she became a school teacher
That always seemed stupid to me.
You basically learn nothing about her motivations.
>>
File: 1486178959655.jpg (59KB, 800x910px) Image search: [Google]
1486178959655.jpg
59KB, 800x910px
>>153848096
>children and wife
This is my wife, we don't have any children.
>>
>>153838143
Rossiu was a sane man in an insane world and therefore unfit to lead that world. He had no place trying to be sensible or responsible in a world that actively rewarded being reckless and headstrong.

In another place in another time, he'd be a hero. In Gurren Lagann, though, he's just a failure who couldn't read the mood.
>>
>>153847969
It had a stupendous sound track but it never invoked more emotion than enjoyment/suspense
>>
>>153847687
yeah they're all about the most important people in simons life and his development. forst is kamina to give him confidence, next is nia to tell him to get out of depression, next is rossiu who tells him not to be hot headed, and then, there no one left to influence simon, he only has himself to believe in
>>
>>153848014
I was going to argue with you but youre basically right. I was gonna say she helped simon stop being a bitch but she didnt do anything, couldnt even lend him an ear. Youd think youd be more sympathetic to the bro of the guy you loved.

Post timeskip she didnt really do anything. And there was like no character development for her once kamina died, in the pocket dimension we can sort of see she wants to feel the same way about someone like she felt with kamina but thats literally it.
>>
>>153848096
Why do people in their early twenties seem to think that life suddenly changes at 30?
>>
>>153838143
>using logic in a show where the mc magically regenerates his mech
Rossiu was an idiot.
>>
>>153848137
And that's my flaw with her getting so much attention to start but doesn't do anything

She peaked in the first episode
>>
>>153848210
Because they're still stupid. I'm on my mid 20's and I know life will be the same for me when I'm 35.
>>
>>153848253
She peaked something else too, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>153848125
Yes but it was a much sadder death than Nia
>>
>>153838642
>retroactively ruins at least all of the whole adult Simon arc and possibly the whole show.

While I agree that it was an asspull and unnecessary, I have to admit that I don't hate that ending. Old grizzled Simon walking off into the sunset as a tragic hero is pretty fucking memorable.
>>
>>153848301
Nia's death was just to force a bittersweet ending.
The weakest part of the show.

On the other hand, Senketsu had to die because it was the only way they could force some emotional impact into their tonal clusterfuck of a show.

It's funny how both shows did nearly the exact same thing, but it's praised in KLK because it isn't overshadowed by the rest of the show like in TTGL.
>>
>>153848159
>Rossiu was a sane man
No he fucking wasn't. Turning your greatest military asset into a scapegoat to appease mob mentality is not logical, especially when the man is one of your closest friends. Fleeing into space with minimal military escort hoping that the enemy will not find you while leaving the rest of humanity is not sane. He's a fucking retard.
>>
>>153838143
Rossiu ran the country for sure but his decisions are illogical.

>Muh collateral damage, despite things probably becoming worse if Simon left it alone
>Let's pull people out of the ground and force a population control, surely that will make people happy!
>Let's execute our strongest fighter to appease people who are going to die anyway!
>Let's escape to space in a ship against enemies that can appear from thin air, what's the worse that can happen?
>>
File: IMG_1455.png (726KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1455.png
726KB, 1334x750px
I'm guessing this is going through Simon's head right here

>How the fuck can you feel bad for this man who was beating us to a pulp and abandoned you while ordering your murder, when you were telling me you believed that I could beat him. Like fuck
>>
>>153848422
It's only a tonal clusterfuck if you can't keep up. Your emotional states are literally too slow, senpai.
>>
>>153848467
>minimal military escort
He took all their forces though

>>153848422
This. Let us digest this battle without needing to shift focus, and it's not like Senketsu where he is the reason they won
>>
>>153848335
I actually like the movie version of old Simon more.
He has a purpose to his existence, which makes the ending less depressing.
>>
Rossiu did nothing wrong. how the fuck was he suppose to know humanity was literally powered by bullshit
>>
>>153848670
I forgot, what did the movie change about old simon?
>>
>>153848710
>Rossiu did nothing wrong
Not a single person in this entire show did anything wrong
>>
>>153840772
truth
>>
>>153848730
I can't fully remember it, but it's something like this.

When Nia is introduced, she tells Simon that she wishes she could see the world filled with flowers.
After she dies at the end of the second movie, he's shown travelling around the world, digging wells and fertilizing the ground to plant flowers all around the planet.
>>
Bitch please
>>
>>153842373
Sure but I guess it's not clear that *he* built it. In the same way that Leeron probably built the Grapearls, not Simon, even though SImon was their commander
>>
>>153846690
>>153846638

Lagann-Hen's final fight fails because it focuses more on being cool and super-violent than actually depicting a man going up against impossible odds.
>>
Recommending Kill la Kill after TTGL is stupid advice given how ridiculously bad one looks beside the other. Now, the true pleb filter is identifying which is which.
>>
>>153850069
TTGL only seems that much better to you solely because of nostalgia.
>>
>>153849181
It kinda ruins that fierce look for a generic Kamina/Simion look
>>
>>153838143
>Childhood is popular opinion that works through force of will X
.Adulthood is edgy opinion that works because the person suggesting it is self-centered and lazy Y

This thread.
>>
>>153850119
I'm not him but I've only watched TTGL a bit ago and it's still one of the finest anime I've seen

Whenever people say you only like it because of nostalgia they're full of shit is what I've learned
>>
>>153850277
I'm not saying nostalgia is the only reason he liked TTGL, I'm saying nostalgia is the only reason he thinks KLK is shit in comparison to TTGL. I love both and think KLK is almost as good as TTGL.
>>
>>153850385
KLK had a very rushed end
>>
>>153850926
No it had a shitty middle and the end tried to pick up the pieces
>>
File: 1361238204463.jpg (41KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1361238204463.jpg
41KB, 720x480px
>>153838143
Rossiu was a backstabbing piece of shit who fucked everything up in his brief stint as a leader and is worse than useless without the heavy hitters like Simon and the others doing all the real hard work. If he had executed Simon like he intended to there would have been literally nothing to stop the anti-spirals from exterminating all of the Earth's population.
>>
>>153851433
Without Rossiu, they don't get the Arc Gurren, they don't get the Arc Gurren Lagann, they die in space.
>>
>>153851442
Did he need to publicly execute his best friend to get it?
>>
>>153851513
No, but just throwing in that without Rossiu's paranoia, they get fucked too.
>>
>>153850926
>>153851259
The OVA gives it a proper ending
>>
>>153851565
OVA extends the ending, in a good way. It doesn't actually change much from the original ending.

Other good things the movies do:
- TT-everyone
- HACKING
- Time-skip montage
- Slightly condensed the Rossiu arc

Almost EVERYTHING ELSE is equal or worse.
>>
>>153851535
It's not paranoia, it's pure unadulterated idiocy. If he was just paranoid he would have seen the flaws of executing his best friend and their ONLY protection against the anti-spirals in the hopes that the mob of ungrateful violent retards would stop rioting.
>>
>>153851606
KLK OVA wraps up some loose ends and provides closure. It's pretty much integral to KLK because without it, KLK's ending feels rushed and unsatisfactory.
>>
>>153848138
That's a man anon.
>>
>>153851634
I wasn't talking about executing Simon. I was talking about his Paranoia causing him to proactively respond to Lordgenome's warning (which Simon ignores), dig up Lordgenome's old stuff (which leads to finding the Arc Gurren) and even messing with Lordgenome's dead body to revive him as a computer (which they needed numerous times in space, including teleportation and finding the Anti-Spirals).

Rossiu did a lot of dumb pointlessly evil shit, but his paranoia and preparation also gives the Gurren-Brigade a lot of help they otherwise could not have survived without.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>153847060
Both Ryuko and Satsuki were idiots.
Satsuki was right in calling Ryuko ignorant and unambitious in her meaningless challenge to the system, but Satsuki was just as bad trying to fight it by only perpetuating it.
Takarada was the only true hero.
>>
>>153851666
She's a nothing. Not female, not male. Just a spooky existence.
>>
>>153848210
Because they had their first experience of a decade's worth of change that they remember. They think each decade will usher a new complete challenges in their lives.
>>
>>153851969
Satsuki's whole raison d'etre was killing her mother to prevent the world from becoming just another life fiber nursery.
>>
File: Yoko.jpg (52KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
Yoko.jpg
52KB, 500x707px
Old and busted.
>>
>>153838143
Rossiu was stupid
Here's how you fix him
>Rossiu goes into orbit
>not surprised by the ambush
>keeps control of the situation while fighting back
>tries to keep morale up while holding out for the Gurren brigade
>Rossiu gets hurt in the battle
>when they arrive show short flashbacks where he planned them coming into orbit after him
>he did it after talking to Lordgenome and taking space ship into orbit with the spiral energy of hundreds of thousands powering it
>it all went according to plan
>after Simon wins and they prepare to fight the anti spirals he stays behind to keep morale high and because of his injury
>>
>>153853175
her original outfit was way better
>>
>>153853315
Agreed
Same with Simon. His last outfit had kinda a bondage vibe to it.
>>
File: 1484354687745.png (338KB, 760x445px) Image search: [Google]
1484354687745.png
338KB, 760x445px
>>153838143
WRONG
>>
adulthood is realizing this anime ends in episode 8
>>
>>153853969
ignoring the outfits i think the cast aged pretty well. they all changed the right amount i guess, none of them looked like they grew too old or stayed too young
>>
Can we take a moment and appreciate how the only character that grew on everyone of us is Viral. fuck beastmen rules VIRAL WANTS A FAMIRY
>>
The only reason Rossiu failed is because he lives in a ridiculous anime world.

And the only reason we knew he would fail is because we know we're watching a ridiculous anime.

All his plans make perfect sense otherwise, so it's not right to blame him.
>>
>>153845129
After he bent reality beyond anyones wildest possible predictions. Shut the fuck up and stop analyzing the situation using information that literally nobody could have known at the time.
>>
>>153854867
Viral was pretty cool.

Is the dub any good?
>>
>>153854867
Viral is unironically the best character
>>
>>153855061
the whole series runs on asspulls, and rossieuo was ther for enough of them he shouldve had some faith in his friends.
>>
>>153855085
Russian dub is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01OVvTONOgQ
>>
>>153855085
It's ok but it just doesn't compare to the Japanese. With the exception of Kamina, no one really displays the level of emotion necessary in key moments. However, I would like to stress how fucking amazing Kamina is in the dub. He fits the character perfectly.
>>
Rossiu is pumping a new galactic bitch a nut per second while Simon is an eternal homeless virgin helping kids reach their sexual potential.

I'd execute my one and only best friend too with this comparison of merits.
>>
>>153838143 Death is not realizing that you were right with Simon
>>
File: 1422409311987.jpg (60KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1422409311987.jpg
60KB, 300x300px
>>153845871
So dropping giant rocks and colonies on to the earth is going to solve the problem?
>>
>>153838642
This
>>
File: 1486587520262.png (222KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
1486587520262.png
222KB, 512x411px
Row Row, fight the 404
>>
>>153838642
Her death fits perfectly and Simon's acceptance is the final step in his development.
>>
File: 1484046258336.png (582KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484046258336.png
582KB, 600x600px
>>153838143
Enlightenment is comprehending that both were retards.
>>
>>153838143
Daily reminder that nothing has been done about the Spiral Nemesis and the universe is still doomed, probably even more now that the Anti-Spiral is dead.
>>
>>153859524
Yeah because that's inevitable. It's about passing the time until then.
>>
File: Yoko Littner 54.jpg (322KB, 1280x2348px) Image search: [Google]
Yoko Littner 54.jpg
322KB, 1280x2348px
>>153853175
>>153853315
Yoko-sensei is best Yoko
>>
>>153855473
>Implying Simon wasn't balls deep for that last week with Nia
>>
>>153855473
They had sex at least twice IIRC.
>>
>>153841885
Parallel Works 8 is perfect, no reason to sully the name with an unneeded spin-off.
>>
>>153843395
>How do you fight back against things you can only beat with one mech and when you do it wipes out a multi-mile radius of everything around it?
FUCKING SPIRAL POWER YOU DUMB CUNT DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE SHOW!!
>>
>>153854783
Oh sure, that aspect was fine
>>
>>153855085
I liked the dub.
>>
>>153862097
The creator has waffled on whether they had sex or not
>>
>>153864868
The creator shouldnt have to waffle on that. TTGL doesnt need pure anime waifus. It doesnt make sense for most of the cast to not have sex, theyre all humanities saviors for like 7 years before shit goes south.
Simon was dating nia for most of that time.
>>
>>153864960
but muh pure waifu
>>
>>153865001
No. Your waifus impure. They did get married so maybe its ok?
>>
>>153838143
That's like the whole point, Simon makes no sense but he's right anyways.
>>
File: 1454826289334.jpg (56KB, 427x446px) Image search: [Google]
1454826289334.jpg
56KB, 427x446px
Fanclub for that guy in the crowd who threw a rock at Rossiu
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=12341

DARE I SAY IT LADS, BUT IS ROCK THROWING MAN /OUR GUY/?
>>
>>153865357
You mean Bruce Ironstaunch?
>>
>>153843312
>Betrayed and abandoned Lelouch once
>Was willing to betray her country and friends for Lelouch if he said ok even though she didn't know his intentions and thought of him only as an evil dictator.
>Went on to fully oppose him only after she got rejected.
Kallen is shitty as well and you like her only because you have shit taste in anime girls.
>>
So did the beastmen not count towards the limit the anti-spirals put? If they didn't, there was no reason for Lordgenome to bother with his keep humans underground plan. He could have just made a whole planetful of billions of beastmen. Even though they couldn't reproduce sexually, he could still have further developed the means to create them into an eventual reasonable substitute for sexual reproduction
>>
>>153865516
To be fair, she was the only one who defended him when the other mutinied. It was only when Lelouch started talking like a cartoonish villain that Kallen sided with the others.

And even later on when she talks to him later, she wants to believe that he really is still a good guy and he deliberately lets her think that he truly has become an evil tyrant.

Lelouch manipulated Kallen into betraying him because he knew she would get caught up in everything and die.
>>
>>153838143
Nice b8
>>
>>153838143
OP, if you haven't found out yet, you're retarded.
>>
>>153838143
adulthood is realizing none of this matters and you should of spent more time with nia you stupid fuck
>>
File: 1428345700304.png (135KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1428345700304.png
135KB, 900x900px
>>153843671
RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
>>
>>153866085
>To be fair, she was the only one who defended him when the other mutinied.
Well partly because she didn't participate in the meeting with Schnizel. Still she is supposedly one of a few people who got to see his real character and kindness but never understood them and believed in his obvious lies that easily. Rolo on the other and was more loyal to him even thoug he rejected him in genuine sense. Kaguya never had a chance to interact with the real Lelouch but still managed to understand him even if a little. Kinda funny imo.
Kallen didn't believe his was indeed a good guy, she was only interested in whatever he wanted her or not, pretty much a fangirl who wants to get fucked by her idol. She asked him to let her join him as his lover even if it meant she was going to betray to her cause, japan and her black knight comrades and all.
Only after the rejection she fully turned against him. Up until that point she was saying she wanted ask him about his reason for telling her to live because she would be unable to move onward. She is supposed to be really smart and she can't understand his reasons? Her mind was probably full of delusions about her love life with Lelouch.

All in all Kallen is a bad character and only popular due to her aggressive fanservice as well as her tomboy appeal. Her characterization is all over the place. Still thank God, she is not the most popular CG character.
>>
>>153847060
Anon, you're thinking with your dick.
>>153839480
Satsuki didn't do anything to save humanity. The only thing she was good at was sabotaging humanity's ability to defend itself.
>>
Anyone who disagrees with Rossiu is a brainlet, really.

They're the same people who got mad when Broccoli "stole" the MC's waifu in Onani Master.

Just a bunch of fucking retards.
>>
>>153842203
I'm pretty sure that Lordgenome could have easily done (or at least most of) what Simon did but the only reason he was stopped is due to the anti-spirals convincing him to change sides. If they had done something stupid like kidnapping original Nia's mom then everything would have been over for them.
>>
>>153838143
That betrayal came out of nowhere
But i liked it
>>
>Childhood is idolizing Kamina.
>Adulthood is knowing that Simon did some things wrong but ultimately prevailed and that the Nia arc made sense thematically
>"Dips bedora :DDD"-tier adolesence is agreeing with Lord Genome and/or the village elder and/or Rossiu
>Asendance is recognizing that Boota was the MC all along
Thread posts: 274
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.