[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest question: can I just skip Stone Ocean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: jojo na bouken no contexto9.png (73KB, 209x314px) Image search: [Google]
jojo na bouken no contexto9.png
73KB, 209x314px
Jolyne Kujo is cool, maybe even my favorite jojo, Costello is cool and... that's about it, the other characters are even more basic than the characters started off in part 4.

Most stands so far (just finished the plakton with a stand chapter) are fairly uninspired, and some while are cool they require so much bullshit to make sense (like the blind sniper that's basically dare devil, but I'm supposed to buy that he can feel the air nearly a kilometer away from him). White snake could be cool, but so far no interesting shenanigans like people with multiple stands/souls that I would expect happened(there's the plakton with a stand I guess, but it doesn't really act any different to than a human).

The art style went to shit, everybody looks the same, the ones who don't don't even look like humans.

Also, the idea of a jojo part set in jail coulda been interesting, but so far Araki hasn't really taken advantage from the setting, this story might as well happen in a small city.

So with all of that, is there any reason why I shouldn't just jump straight into steel ball run?
>>
>>153765469
At least the ending is important to know about, if you jump straight into Steel Ball Run you might misunderstand it.
The last story arcs are also pretty satisfying as they take an epic proportion to a point that is never seen in the rest of the series.
The most important reason not to skip it is how it fits into the whole Jojo series, you'd ultimately be sorry when you realize this.
>>
>>153765886
sigh...goddamn it anon, I'll trust you and power throught it then.
>>
imo, it´s linked to your manga tastes. if you like chapters with character´s developement, don´t read it until the final battle. But it´s important to do it although dont like it.
>>
>>153765469
You watched or read part 3 yet you can't read part 6? I mean most of part 3 was skippable due to it being the most basic type of monster of the week part 6 has more of a plot structure in terms of events especially in the latter half
>>
>>153766055
It took me for fucking ever to get through part 6 but it picks up around planet waves. It gets better I swear
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.