[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akira

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: akira1.jpg (606KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
akira1.jpg
606KB, 1280x720px
Do people actually prefer the manga or is it just meme?
After Akira woke up thing really got messy compared to the movie and out of the many characters that got cut barely anyone felt that necessary in the first place.
I thought the weaknesses of the movie were caused by the adaptation, but i now i'm convinced that a true to source adaptation would be worse.
>>
>>153721703
Manga is simply better
>>
>>153721703
As someone who has never read the manga, the movie made absolutely no sense at all.
>>
>>153723480
I personally don't think so.
What do you think made it better?
>>
The film is essentially the 1st and the start of the 2nd act of the manga. It kind of works as its own story because Otomo wraps everything up pretty quickly in the film, but its not the same.
>>
>>153723724
Might be just me, but i wasn't that interested in the stuff that happened after Akira blew up the city.
I got pretty confused by the motivations and relationships around then, like what Keis and Ryu organisation actually wanted after Nezu betrayed them.
They talked about Miyako like she's their enemy, even though they practically worked for her and when they meet it's suddenly forgotten, just like Miyako telling Tetsuo how to increse his power, even though they didn't want that(?).
I mean they said that they want to prevent Tetsuo from "being the next Akira", even though Akira didn't really do anything after the first explosion and almost everyone could have shot him int he head at some point.
The end was also weird, since apparently the kids could just teleport to Akira and ask him to do stuff for them the whole tim, having him already dead in the movie fixed a lot of that.
Characters like this Akira cult leader, the aircraft carrier guys and Miyakos bodyguards just felt like a waste of time, concidering that the main characters sometimes just weren't around for a long time, like Tetsuo after Akira woke up, or Kaneda while he was "out of this world".
I know a lot of this is personal taste, but i like almost every change the movie made and leaving out a lot for fitting the length is almost given.
>>
is there a non flipped release yet?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.